Central Transport | trucks out of service

frogman67

TB Lurker
Credits
safety came to cleveland Friday and a lot of drivers got a 3 day weekend a lot of trucks was marked out of service we go home with no pay for something not are fault

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the new vitran. bet you they wanted everyone to burn a pto or vac day too. look at the bright side, at least it won't screw you with csa pts.

I hope they go after every driver of every oos truck that turned in dvir's with the box, condition of vehicle satisfactory checked

i would welcome them with open arms and a cup of coffee to my terminal. i for one do my inspections, write things up, tag oos, and refuse unsafe equipment. the day after i put something down i look for it in the yard or dock, and when i see a driver hooking up to it, i let them know what i found. it used to be i would go to tm and remind him that anything wrote up as a safety violation MUST be repaired before unit can be returned to service according to fmcsa regs, so either leave it oos or i will have safety call you and quote the law verboten.

dont have that problem anymore enough of us said NO, now we cannot leave even with a marker light or a bad placard holder on our units,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the way it should be

Drivers coming a hour early to get a tractor, that they rigged up not to start. They fix there job. and take that tractor, before someone spots them. i thought that was abuse of company property. Have no prof this is happening. But i am sure it does.

Drivers coming a hour early to get a tractor, that they rigged up not to start. They fix there job. and take that tractor, before someone spots them. i thought that was abuse of company property. Have no prof this is happening. But i am sure it does.

interesting...... if one of ours won't start it gets log chained to the shop asap

i've seen drivers pull fuses so they won't start or the a/c won't work so drivers move to the next truck. we had one driver put one of those theft locks on the wheel and was terminated. lol. i laugh when drivers say "that's my truck". really? i did'nt know you have the pmt book to it.

i've seen drivers pull fuses so they won't start or the a/c won't work so drivers move to the next truck. we had one driver put one of those theft locks on the wheel and was terminated. lol. i laugh when drivers say "that's my truck". really? i did'nt know you have the pmt book to it.
When senior drivers who's trucks are down think they can just jump into any truck they want that really pisses me off. They are not to good to jump into the junk that remains....I do.... When they do that it creates a domino effect that screws up everything....And the fuse thing is nothing new.. Just don't get caught in Dallas. We have assigned units but nothing is written in stone. Your right Vitran owns these trucks.

The biggest problem is management. If your truck is broke down management needs to assign you a spare that way there's no controversy. What pisses me off is when management lets a smoker drive a non-smokers truck. Now that's stupid. You get a new driver that just jumps into whatever truck he wants cause management won't assign him a truck and he leaves it with an empty tank and trash on the floor. You have city drivers that are on the clock that are too lazy to fill the tank. The bottom line is management wants us to be at each others throat and pissed off at each other that's why they do it.

The biggest problem is management. If your truck is broke down management needs to assign you a spare that way there's no controversy. What pisses me off is when management lets a smoker drive a non-smokers truck. Now that's stupid. You get a new driver that just jumps into whatever truck he wants cause management won't assign him a truck and he leaves it with an empty tank and trash on the floor. You have city drivers that are on the clock that are too lazy to fill the tank. The bottom line is management wants us to be at each others throat and pissed off at each other that's why they do it.
No structure....No system in play for this. Total incompetence on managements behalf. I understand sometimes the line has to take city units for various reasons...But there is no excuse why I must wipe dip off the side of my door when it returns. It only happened once because I found the sorry SOB and ripped him a new one. I didn't go crying to the TM because it would have done no good...I took matters in my own hands and it wasn't pretty....I caught him in the parking lot and made it quite clear it better not happen again...He assured me it wouldn't....And it hasn't since.

I was so mad I was prepared to lose my job over this.....If he would have had chose to be confrontational we would have thrown down right then. I'm not a hot head for the most part. I'm not trying to act like a bad azz....Because I'm not....But there are just certain things I will not tolerate. Freaking trash needs to be taken out. It's stinking up the place.

i do believe there's a no smoking policy in company trucks, but is never enforced. just like everything else. lol.

i do believe there's a no smoking policy in company trucks, but is never enforced. just like everything else. lol.
Does that include Copenhagen? I don't have a problem with the dippers.....Just use your bottle or cup or whatever...Just don't spit out the window.

When senior drivers who's trucks are down think they can just jump into any truck they want that really pisses me off. They are not to good to jump into the junk that remains....I do.... When they do that it creates a domino effect that screws up everything....And the fuse thing is nothing new.. Just don't get caught in Dallas. We have assigned units but nothing is written in stone. Your right Vitran owns these trucks.

I agree train it does **** me off to when my truck is taken by other drivers including linehaul when their's is out of service, then it starts a snowball because I need something to drive, and although I try to not take someones truck I know they drive on a regular basis, but I also won't jump into a total hunk of junk because some line haul driver thinks they are to good to drive an older truck.

Thats why when i was there i cleaned up a 2005 mack, kept it clean inside and out. And plus everyone was head over heels on the " new internationals" which proved to be all garbage.

Just take picures if there is any evidence of smoking and call the state of OHio, they are strict with no smoking in the work place