Central Transport | trucks out of service

Here is a good example of equiptment problem I ran into last Friday night. I was in KC last Friday and had a big problem at the house that I had leave and get home to as soon as possible. I had to trade trucks with another Wichita driver because my truck had triples permits and his didn't. We trade trucks and I am about to clock out, the driver tells me in a room full of people, hey that truck has a pretty bad exhaust leak you need to roll with the window down. I just frigging lose it right there. I asked dispatch if they had another twin screw, typical answer, no. Now like everybody else I am faced with a decesion, drive or no drive. I drove it. I do realize yes i am now guilty. i get back to WIC and tag the truck, write it up and put it at the shop. I pick up the inspection book and I am trying to find my write up. April 1; exhaust leak fast forward to 4-6 notes: broken exhaust tube found by tech at TA truck stop, 4-7 exhaust leak fumes in truck. Your starting to get the picture? This truck 313020 was a Dallas truck written up everyday for 2 weeks before it went to Wichita. Continue: Wichita City driver drives it 2 day writes it up (keep in mind we have a what they call a shop) day 3 driver writes it up takes it to shop where the Mechanic signs it off! Day 3 line driver drives it writes it up, city driver.....you see where im going with it? I pulled the book out replaced it with a new one. This Monday truck is in service problem not fixed. Tuesday still driving not fixed. Wednesday I called England and reported it and truck mailed the book to KAN where he was this week. It shouldn't be this frigging hard!

This Monday truck is in service problem not fixed. Tuesday still driving not fixed. Wednesday I called England and reported it and truck mailed the book to KAN where he was this week. It shouldn't be this frigging hard![/QUOTE said:
Good job on calling Thomas England, he is my area man too, one of the few I have met that actually cares about their job and wants to make a difference. what you went through has no excuse, and whoever reads your inspections should be held accountable.

#1 exhaust leak forward of the rear of cab is an automatic out of service per FMCSA.
#2 no one but a supervisor or manager is authorized to remove an orange OOS tag (we were told is an automatic suspension and investigation to determine if termination is called for)
#3 this is just plain stupid to allow this to happen. we are not talking about a mudflap or a tire almost bald, this could have put you to sleep, rolled 2 or 3 trailers over, killed you, and killed who knows how many on the highway

Good job on calling Thomas England, he is my area man too, one of the few I have met that actually cares about their job and wants to make a difference. what you went through has no excuse, and whoever reads your inspections should be held accountable.

#1 exhaust leak forward of the rear of cab is an automatic out of service per FMCSA.
#2 no one but a supervisor or manager is authorized to remove an orange OOS tag (we were told is an automatic suspension and investigation to determine if termination is called for)
#3 this is just plain stupid to allow this to happen. we are not talking about a mudflap or a tire almost bald, this could have put you to sleep, rolled 2 or 3 trailers over, killed you, and killed who knows how many on the highway

Yeah. DOT 393.83. I would put my pay check down as a bet that nobody will be susepended or written up. Nothing will become of it. I brought attention to the matter thats all I can do

Yeah. DOT 393.83. I would put my pay check down as a bet that nobody will be susepended or written up. Nothing will become of it. I brought attention to the matter thats all I can do

sure, mean while they are writing up managers who's bills per hour are not inline with what CK wants (if we ditched 30% of our zip codes we could) we cover over 100 miles in 270 degrees from yard, and 75 miles to north for what is a forced service area, our manager will never meet his numbers being forced to send a truck 50 more miles beyond last drop for one skid and then come home over 2 hrs and 100 miles with only 3 or 4 skids in trailer total for the day

Here is a good example of equiptment problem I ran into last Friday night. I was in KC last Friday and had a big problem at the house that I had leave and get home to as soon as possible. I had to trade trucks with another Wichita driver because my truck had triples permits and his didn't. We trade trucks and I am about to clock out, the driver tells me in a room full of people, hey that truck has a pretty bad exhaust leak you need to roll with the window down. I just frigging lose it right there. I asked dispatch if they had another twin screw, typical answer, no. Now like everybody else I am faced with a decesion, drive or no drive. I drove it. I do realize yes i am now guilty. i get back to WIC and tag the truck, write it up and put it at the shop. I pick up the inspection book and I am trying to find my write up. April 1; exhaust leak fast forward to 4-6 notes: broken exhaust tube found by tech at TA truck stop, 4-7 exhaust leak fumes in truck. Your starting to get the picture? This truck 313020 was a Dallas truck written up everyday for 2 weeks before it went to Wichita. Continue: Wichita City driver drives it 2 day writes it up (keep in mind we have a what they call a shop) day 3 driver writes it up takes it to shop where the Mechanic signs it off! Day 3 line driver drives it writes it up, city driver.....you see where im going with it? I pulled the book out replaced it with a new one. This Monday truck is in service problem not fixed. Tuesday still driving not fixed. Wednesday I called England and reported it and truck mailed the book to KAN where he was this week. It shouldn't be this frigging hard!

good job adam

What the heck did some one do to break the exhaust on a new truck.
And if its not abuse I would think a 313 series truck would still be under warranty.

What the heck did some one do to break the exhaust on a new truck.
And if its not abuse I would think a 313 series truck would still be under warranty.

actually, we have had 2 let go so far. under the passenger floor board their is what looks like stainless hose, but built to take the heat, joining the exhaust to the engine, it is like they put on the outbound side of a compressor to even out the pulses of the cylinders and to cut transfer of engine vibration, same idea only 6 inches around

actually, we have had 2 let go so far. under the passenger floor board their is what looks like stainless hose, but built to take the heat, joining the exhaust to the engine, it is like they put on the outbound side of a compressor to even out the pulses of the cylinders and to cut transfer of engine vibration, same idea only 6 inches around
Wow isn't there any thing on these new trucks built to last more than 200k miles.