Tulsa,OK.,Trucker attempted to stuff his high trailer under a low rail road bridge.

Another moron that doesn't understand what 13 0 means...

I think a bigger problem is the measurements themselves. I have taken 13'-6" trailers under bridges marked as 12'-6" in New York city and still had 1' of clearance. After a guy goes under a few of those mis-measured bridges what happens when he rolls up to one that is measured spot-on.....

Ive heard nyc has some asinine system of measurement that starts at bumper height of a vehicle...if so how can you believe anything posted i myself followed a 13,6 truck under a 12 6 sign,but he went first without a problem...maybe someone from ny could elaborate or explain this system....BE CARFUL.....my garmin DESL 560 has been right so far.

I know that bridge well, I avoid it like the plague...its in downtown Tulsa, many drivers have been beat by that very overpass, I wouldn't even attempt it.

That driver wasn't local, if he was he would have known.

Even if the Road were LEVEL (looks like the road gains height).............what a tosser.

Dugin Trap a Truck Lines.
ALWAYS seeking qualified and unqualified Drivers with Math problems.

It's interesting that BEFORE these pesky gps units were introduced, much to the chagrin of MANY questionable drivers, WE didn't have as many problems with hitting under height bridges/over passes..............or maybe WE did.
I'm talking BEFORE the introduction of Laptops.

Supposedly a 13' 6" trailer will not fit under a 13' 6" MARKED Bridge/Overpass, yet WE DO SUCH DAILY.

* I've "heard over the years" that the reason one can pass a 1 foot taller trailer under some NY and NJ bridges/overpasses is for Snow/Ice accumulations in Wintry times.

In some Western Express trucks, I've seen signs on the upper inside windscreen stating in clear concise English: YOU ARE 13' 6" TALL!!
I believe such trucks are assigned to them furryners.

The LEAST intelligent part of the news item:
The truck did sustain damage in the incident.

Last edited by a moderator: