Two dead in crash that shut down westbound Interstate 275

Very tragic and sad. God Bless all involved and their Loved Ones. There are never any winners in accidents, no matter who is at fault.
Every unguarded minute has an accident and or injury in it. Stay Safe.

It is amazing to see the Holland driver made it out okay after viewing the photos.
Wonder if the investigators will be able to learn what caused the car to break down where it did.
Which turned out to be a death sentence for its occupants.
Lord have mercy,what a moment of fait.

Albag posted an update on the Holland Forum. It was a 59 yr. old Mother and her 18 yr. old College Student Daughter. No reason yet as to why they stopped on the bridge. I sure hope it was mechanical and not that they ran out of gas. Not that it matters now anyway.
I rather see Drivers trying to cross Civil War Era wooden bridges with 40 tons on than these tragedies.

I bet they wanted to stop and take a picture. Suddenly stopping makes it sound like they applied the brakes intentionally.

I bet they wanted to stop and take a picture. Suddenly stopping makes it sound like they applied the brakes intentionally.

It's not clear if the first 18 that swerved around and missed them stopped. Maybe he could shed more light on this awful accident. I keep watching the video, almost as if I'm hoping for a better outcome. It looks like they would have survived if the car's gas tank didn't ignite. Once the fire was out, the car was pretty much in tact.