TForce | Two Tier Conspiracy ?

FRTCHUCKER

TB Regular
Credits
So I have asked members who believe that there is Language in the 2018-2023 UPSF tentative agreement that points to clear proof or even a theory of why they have interpreted such Language as it pertains to a Two tier wage structure for UPS freight employees. So now's your chance to clarify your reasoning behind believing this notion. please post the Language or quote the paragraph that you have determined to be proof of the Two Tier wage provision.

So I have asked members who believe that there is Language in the 2018-2023 UPSF tentative agreement that points to clear proof or even a theory of why they have interpreted such Language as it pertains to a Two tier wage structure for UPS freight employees. So now's your chance to clarify your reasoning behind believing this notion. please post the Language or quote the paragraph that you have determined to be proof of the Two Tier wage provision.
Because it's true. I'm voting yes. But there is two tier language in the last contract. This contract it applies to drivers too.
If you start now it takes 4 years to top out at 28.65. The old contract said" Top rate". They have done this to dock and clerks last contract. Not sure but think part time dock tops out at 17.70 after that you get your raises like us. 40,40,45,45, 50 split in halve in January and july.

Not unless your stuck in progression. once you hit the 4th yr you will then be bumped to top rate.
No, You will go to 28.65 and than you will get a yearly rasie once progression is complete. Employee hired before 8/1 will go to top pay. Everyone after that will top off at 28.65 after 2022 and will get a 50 raise in 2023. They will make 29.15 and anyone before 8/1 will make 30.85 in 2023. Article 26 is where it is at and this is how part time dock is done now.

Progression for anyone that got hired before 8/1 shows top rate after 4 years. The new contract shows 28.65 after 4 years progression. You only receive raises after your progress and don't receive the 2019, 2020 , 2021 and 2022 raises.

You never received any of the yearly raises while in progression at UPSF. This contract is no different. once you hit year 4 you go to 28.65 as outlined in the new 2018-2023 progression schedule. then you begin to receive the rest of the $2.20 by the 5th yr of the contract. This is not a two tier or any tier system. It is a 4 year progression system that has always been in the contracts. You are using some strange math to reconcile the breakup of the progression. I will say it 1 more time. if you are a P&D driver hired after aug 1 2018 you will hit the top Rate of $30.85 in 2023 just as your co workers will that are at $28.65 right now.

You never received any of the yearly raises while in progression at UPSF. This contract is no different. once you hit year 4 you go to 28.65 as outlined in the new 2018-2023 progression schedule. then you begin to receive the rest of the $2.20 by the 5th yr of the contract. This is not a two tier or any tier system. It is a 4 year progression system that has always been in the contracts. You are using some strange math to reconcile the breakup of the progression. I will say it 1 more time. if you are a P&D driver hired after aug 1 2018 you will hit the top Rate of $30.85 in 2023 just as your co workers will that are at $28.65 right now.
You have the wrong information on this. I'm a big YES vote and new city drivers will not make the same money.

3kcmglq.jpg

I don't believe the last sentence highlited (once top progression is achieved,employee will receive applicable general rate increases as set forth in paragraph (a) above) means you will receive 2.20 increase after the 4 year progression. That would be a 5. 35 raise from the 3 year progression rate, I don't think that's right otherwise they wouldn't use the term " top progression rate" and instead use the term used in the last contract " top rate"

I see the "Eligible thereafter to being receiving" We are going to have two tiers of drivers . I agree last contract said top rate after 4 years.

I see the "Eligible thereafter to being receiving" We are going to have two tiers of drivers . I agree last contract said top rate after 4 years.
I think you may be reading it wrong. I’m a Feeder driver and our contract reads the same. When I hired on, I was in a 3 year progression to scale. Any raises that came out I did not receive as I was in a defined progression to top rate. Once I completed my progression to top rate, I received the scheduled raises as everyone else thereafter.

I think you may be reading it wrong. I’m a Feeder driver and our contract reads the same. When I hired on, I was in a 3 year progression to scale. Any raises that came out I did not receive as I was in a defined progression to top rate. Once I completed my progression to top rate, I received the scheduled raises as everyone else thereafter.
Yes sir ! Give that man a Rubber burrito! All these guys need to do is go get a clarification of contract Language from the Local Business agent down at the Hall. I agree it can be a bit hard to Read these contracts but once it is explained by those who helped draft it, it becomes very clear.

Yes sir ! Give that man a Rubber burrito! All these guys need to do is go get a clarification of contract Language from the Local Business agent down at the Hall. I agree it can be a bit hard to Read these contracts but once it is explained by those who helped draft it, it becomes very clear.
Not going to lie, it sucked. When you are going through progression, you don’t get any raises. You get the defined raise per defined progression language once a year. You DO NOT get your annual increase + the raise everyone else gets. Once you hit top progression/rate, you will get your scheduled raise like everyone else. No 2 tier pay scale.

I don't think I am. The part time dock and clerks already have this. I have talk to them and I knew this was coming for the new drivers. The old contract said top pay after 4 years. The new one said 28.65 after 4 years.

I don't think I am. The part time dock and clerks already have this. I have talk to them and I knew this was coming for the new drivers. The old contract said top pay after 4 years. The new one said 28.65 after 4 years.
why would it say top rate after 4 years if the contract was a 5 year Deal? your stuck on the paragraphs that are not meant to Read in succession. Call your BA for clarification. Christ it is not that hard!

why would it say top rate after 4 years if the contract was a 5 year Deal? your stuck on the paragraphs that are not meant to Read in succession. Call your BA for clarification. Christ it is not that hard!
I was told the opposite as you for the ones hired after 7/31. Here is a link to local 89.
view_article

Once top progression rate is achieved, Employee will then receive applicable general wage increases as set forth in paragraph A above. Paragraph A is on the other side of the page which contains the new Wage increases. Not the one directly above this statement.

It takes 4 year of progression to get yearly rasies. At the end of 4 years new people get the top rate of 28.65 and than get yearly rasies. The contract is a 5 year deal with the company.

Once top progression rate is achieved, Employee will then receive applicable general wage increases as set forth in paragraph A above. Paragraph A is on the other side of the page which contains the new Wage increases. Not the one directly above this statement.
You can also Google ups freight two tier pay and read plenty of articles from locals. Your BA is mistaken. Local 89 has information about this.
https://www.upsfteamstersunited.org/time_to_vote_no_at_ups_freight

Last edited: