TX.Fatal School Bus driver pulled in front of a Semi.

Had that happen twice in my driving history. Had my headlights on at daytime hualing gasoline, bus driver pulls away from stop sign, I had R-O-W. Came real close to the back of the bus but no collision. Second time I was able to barely make a pass over double yellow lines to keep from rear ending school bus that pulled out in front of me, once again. Would never allow school children on a school bus. Never had a problem with tour buses or Greyhound drivers, ever.

Yes you never know as a professional driver what your day may bring.
thank God you were able to avoid disaster and drive another day.

You can see why I'm always posting that drivers need proper rest to be alert and to focus on everything.

I feel sorry for the poor children that have such poor bus drivers taking them to school and back. When I see a school bus now, I treat it as if the bus driver is a complete idiot becuase of these two incedents. So far no more problems.

School bus drivers, are not "professionals". for the most part, they are housewife's or retired people who have never driven anything larger than a SUV. The school system will hire about anything that walks into the door.

Now! The truck driver better hope that he has all his "i" dotted and his "t" crossed because you can bet your life that he will be investistaged with a fine tooth comb.

Yes you never know as a professional driver what your day may bring.
thank God you were able to avoid disaster and drive another day.

You can see why I'm always posting that drivers need proper rest to be alert and to focus on everything.

God has to have been watching over me and the kids on those days vbecause the school bus drivers sure weren't looking out for me.

I'd hate to put it in the ditch but I would for a bunch of kids. Thankfully I didn't have to.

I feel sorry for the poor children that have such poor bus drivers taking them to school and back. When I see a school bus now, I treat it as if the bus driver is a complete idiot becuase of these two incedents. So far no more problems.

Excellent point! how many times have you been going down the road, see a school bus pull up to a stop sign, driver looks you right in the eye then they pull out and put the flashing red lites on to let kids off. Totally reckless.

School bus drivers, are not "professionals". for the most part, they are housewife's or retired people who have never driven anything larger than a SUV. The school system will hire about anything that walks into the door.

Now! The truck driver better hope that he has all his "i" dotted and his "t" crossed because you can bet your life that he will be investistaged with a fine tooth comb.

Yeah, out here they tend to be women that look like housewifes and a few older gentlemen
that look like they are retired. I sure wish they would put seatbelts in the school buses too BTW.

Excellent point! how many times have you been going down the road, see a school bus pull up to a stop sign, driver looks you right in the eye then they pull out and put the flashing red lites on to let kids off. Totally reckless.

Come to think of it back, when I was hauling propane I saw a woman school bus driver completely blow through a red light that she couldnt stop for as she was doing well over the speed limit by 10 MPH minimum.

I trailed behind her and got her license plate and description (very overweight 30-40 year old woman) and called the school district to report her awful driving, putting the kids at risk.

They said they'd "look into it". Yeah that'll happen at the same time I win the Lottery...not.

Too bad one of the TV networks wont do a show about this awful condition we put our children into with these crazy school bus drivers.

Well hay like any company that has commercial drivers.
Only a few violators makes it look bad for the whole group.

When I was an city driver for 45 years I always did the best I could,very rarely did I ever get any praise for doing a good job.

However when one of my customers was angry about something I may have done they would call dispatch,and I would never hear the end of it for a long time.

My wife is in her 25th year as a School Bus driver,believe it or not she has far more rules and regulations to follow than us truckers.
Well simply because Bus drivers have to deal with live cargo.

So you see like anything the few bad drivers always spoil it for the rest.
This crash report on this thread claims it was a bad intersection,not to excuse this Bus driver as his error did cost him his life.

I'm forever advising every commercial driver who comes to view crashes on the forum.
2 issues are at the forefront of every successful run any driver makes.

#1 have proper rest to be alert,& #2 focusing on everything in,and around your path of travel.
Remember the life you save,may very well be your own.