TX. Trucker killed in a (2) Semi crash in a construction zone.

Thanx Apo and posted earlier under another title, w/out pictures/videos.
http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/trucking-accidents/87012-no-braking-driver-dead.html

One semi truck was going a speed of 10 miles an hour through a construction zone when it was rear ended by another semi going at least 70 miles per hour.

According to a onsite Trooper who witnessed the carnage, the first truck (empire) had slowed down to approximately 10-15 mph with 4 way flashers at the beginning of the construction zone, wherein the second truck never braked.
As Airbrakes stated: WHEN might night blindness be checked at DOT physicals?

Yes but I know there are many feet of construction zone warnings before the actual work area.
Why would someone hammer down on any construction approach?

Maybe the driver was asleep or suffered a med. condition, doubtful but who knows. Flip side, yesterday i caught myself doing 60 in a posted 55 work zone. I try my best to obey signs, it was friday afternoon headed back to the terminal and i was feeling crappy but yea, no Excuse! Funny thing though, i had tons of room in front of me cause everyone else was doing 65-70 in the same work zone running in a pack.

Well we got work zones around my area that have no workers some times,then speed is not a factor.
However when guys are working a few feet away from the traffic flow.
Well you can see why the speed limit should be obeyed.