R&L | U guys see update on lease drivers today?

mike bigbuck

TB Lurker
Credits
Were gonna get screwed !!!!!!!! I guess there gonna cut are hours buy working these lease drivers ! Guess the roberts are going broke paying us 50 to 55 hrs. Strait time ! Gonna save the co. Money b.s. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were gonna get screwed !!!!!!!! I guess there gonna cut are hours buy working these lease drivers ! Guess the roberts are going broke paying us 50 to 55 hrs. Strait time ! Gonna save the co. Money b.s. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where did you see an update on the lease drivers, they are gioing to be at the bottom of the pole and have to work there way up justlike everyone else, when they start bumping the top drivers and coming in before us thats when I would start worring until then I wouldn,t give them a moments thought.

What terminal is getting 50 to 55 hours a week?????? Must have a lot of slackers there stealing company money!!!! I do 45 hours at most and at least 5 of them are forced on me. I want my 8 and skate day like it used to be. It's BS peddling all day and then running back out to pick up dropped trailers. I say hire some peons out of driving school for 16.00 an hour to do the dirty work. They couldn't do what I do in an 8 hour day!!!!

I hope this doesn't mean all that slingblade. But what should we do we just have to wait and see. Hope everything work out for all of us.

I don't have a problem with this @ all. They had a hard time keeping drivers in 1999 for $15 an hour up here in the northeast. Times are hard now with the economy. Most of our big accounts probably aren't even paying our fuel surcharge. As fast as they have been growing the past 10 years with buying property to build us "Castles" for terminals, new equipment, $ for our 401k's & our health coverage their overhead is threw the the roof. I believe they are just tryin' to ride the storm. The Robert's have worked too hard to end up like Jevic. Anyone that's been with the company long enough will know that they take care of their drivers and this has worked in the past.

when they start bumping the top drivers and coming in before us thats when I would start worring
First lease driver that came in our barn landed a bid run that a L/H driver of a year wanted, never went up for bid. Lease driver has worked everyday and I know of 3 seperate times a R+L guy has sat home. The further away from Wilmington you get the more they don't know about and is swept under the rug. Just letting fellow employees know that it can and is happening in some places. I stated before, not Roberts intentions to do this what so ever. Managers of all kinds under Wilmington, will use this as a tool to fluff terminal numbers.

when they start bumping the top drivers and coming in before us thats when I would start worring
First lease driver that came in our barn landed a bid run that a L/H driver of a year wanted, never went up for bid. Lease driver has worked everyday and I know of 3 seperate times a R+L guy has sat home. The further away from Wilmington you get the more they don't know about and is swept under the rug. Just letting fellow employees know that it can and is happening in some places. I stated before, not Roberts intentions to do this what so ever. Managers of all kinds under Wilmington, will use this as a tool to fluff terminal numbers.
I talked to Karen C in HR 2 weeks ago about this happening to me and her response was the TM can do whatever he wants if he thinks it's in the best interest of the Company. So i need to find another job or be happy making 2 to 3 hundred less a week .

I talked to Karen C in HR 2 weeks ago about this happening to me and her response was the TM can do whatever he wants if he thinks it's in the best interest of the Company. So i need to find another job or be happy making 2 to 3 hundred less a week .

this is not accurate, I have spoken with her supervisor and they said this will not happen. The only time it would is when someone wants time off. It is not the TM's decision. If it does happen call Wilmington.

this is not accurate, I have spoken with her supervisor and they said this will not happen. The only time it would is when someone wants time off. It is not the TM's decision. If it does happen call Wilmington.
:cuss:IT IS HAPPENING!!!! Until someone higher up than the HR (by the way HR here is the most anti-driver department I've ever seen) can do something it will continue to happen. Personnally, I think :order:ROBERTS needs to set an example, put out a memo to all Regional and Terminal managers. And fire the first person to do this. Word will spread like fire and we can get back to worrying about moving freight across town, and not what the freakin' lease guys are doin'.

I warned you people. But did you listen? Noooooooo....got those green-shaded glasses on.

The money R&L saves using lease power in benefits, retirement, vacations, taxes, etc is quite a decent chunk of change. It's nothing personal, it's just business. You guys are dying a slow death over there only you're too blind to see it. You're like those Japanese soliders they found after WWII who still thought the war was going on.

Ah well...all good things must come to an end like the Good Book says.

Frankly, I'm surprised R&L is going this route seeing how FedEx Ground is getting sued left and right for using contractors and treating them like employees. I sense a certain desperation on R&L's part.

:cuss:IT IS HAPPENING!!!! Until someone higher up than the HR (by the way HR here is the most anti-driver department I've ever seen) can do something it will continue to happen. Personnally, I think :order:ROBERTS needs to set an example, put out a memo to all Regional and Terminal managers. And fire the first person to do this. Word will spread like fire and we can get back to worrying about moving freight across town, and not what the freakin' lease guys are doin'.

This is not to happen. I called HR and spoke with J Copsey. He said this is to never happen. However if it does he needed to be notified and it would be fixed immediately.

We had a driver in our barn that was bumped by a lease driver, it happened once, he called Copsey in Wilmington and it has never happened again to anyone. Go to the top. Our TM is a good man, he just made a mistake.

We had a driver in our barn that was bumped by a lease driver, it happened once, he called Copsey in Wilmington and it has never happened again to anyone. Go to the top. Our TM is a good man, he just made a mistake.
Our TM is being told by the Regional Boss Bob H outta Newark NJ to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ranting2:

Drivers the one thing that we need to do is just do our job and try to stay off the radar.And everything should be cool.As long as our checks are here every Friday that should be the one thing that we worry about and till that happens I am trying to fly under radar.:hide:

Drivers the one thing that we need to do is just do our job and try to stay off the radar.And everything should be cool.As long as our checks are here every Friday that should be the one thing that we worry about and till that happens I am trying to fly under radar.:hide:
My problem with this is i am taking 150 to 300 a week cut in pay:chairshot: