R&L | U guys see update on lease drivers today?

Our lease drivers are working out great !!!! 10 hours to do 3 deliveries and 2 pickups. You get what you pay for. They are not here for a career, they are just passing time til something better comes along. Missed appointments and missed pick ups are no concern to them. I don't even think they get write-ups. It's clear that the rejects we have as lease drivers are here because no other company trying to turn a profit would keep them as full time employees.

Our hours have been cut a little also, but for the first time in several years I'm getting in early enough to go to help with my boys football practice. Our household has had to do some cutbacks, but it's pretty hard to put a price on the happiness that's on my boys face when he sees his Dad being able to take part in his football for the first time. I know and can't expect for this to be the answer for the rest of you guys but it's made a pretty important part of my life a little better.

Our lease drivers are working out great !!!! 10 hours to do 3 deliveries and 2 pickups. You get what you pay for.

I hope that's for volume stuff, like loads going to grocery warehouses that would kill a peddle run. I can see where that would take all day.

That is what those guys were supposed to be used for.

i would have to disagree with you linhowler on the hr comment. i have called copsey and martin several times and they have always treated me with the utmost respect...i may not always agree with them, but i know they listen and give me honest feedback. they clarify many things that may not be clear from my tm. if anything, their more pro drivers than other areas of employment.

I hope that's for volume stuff, like loads going to grocery warehouses that would kill a peddle run. I can see where that would take all day.

That is what those guys were supposed to be used for.

Nope. just regular deliveries. some of them do volume stuff but they are empty by 1 pm and still struggle to get 2 pick ups on. Grocery warehouses are still put on peddle runs like they always have been. Sort and segregate would be way to much for a lease driver to handle. You need to remember most driving jobs around here all start at 18 or 19 dollars an hour, not going to get the brightest guys for 16 an hour.

i would have to disagree with you linhowler on the hr comment. i have called copsey and martin several times and they have always treated me with the utmost respect...i may not always agree with them, but i know they listen and give me honest feedback. they clarify many things that may not be clear from my tm. if anything, their more pro drivers than other areas of employment.
Your free to express your dealings with HR. Every dealing I had with them and other drivers @ the terminal, always manage to get one of the two women that take calls. K**** and P** can't remember their last names but, my dealings with them, they always threaten first. Over things that are Federal laws. I could give some examples and will later but I gotta run. See ya.

Nope. just regular deliveries. some of them do volume stuff but they are empty by 1 pm and still struggle to get 2 pick ups on. Grocery warehouses are still put on peddle runs like they always have been. Sort and segregate would be way to much for a lease driver to handle. You need to remember most driving jobs around here all start at 18 or 19 dollars an hour, not going to get the brightest guys for 16 an hour.

Now that's ridiculous. I thought your t/m was a hardass. Why are they getting away with this?

You don't need much more then a 10 watt bulb to do volume stuff and grocery warehouses, stuff the rest of us can really do without.

Now that's ridiculous. I thought your t/m was a hardass. Why are they getting away with this?

You don't need much more then a 10 watt bulb to do volume stuff and grocery warehouses, stuff the rest of us can really do without.
I think we are putting more power to the TM's then they actually have. He has a boss too and his boss has a boss. Crap rolls downhill and we're the bottom of the pile. This stinks to high heaven in my opinion. The $16.20 an hour rate is a trial-ballon just to see what they get. Look for that rate to go up incrimentally until they find a rate where they are getting decently qualified applicants. That may be $17.50-18.00 an hour. Once they start getting these drivers in at the lower rate we can look forward to getting our hours cut. Why keep me on the street for $25 an hour when you have the Paramount Leasing guy at a lower rate? The writing is on the wall as far as I can see. It's just a matter of time.

I know @ our terminal, a linehauler wants to go on days. The linehaul run pays $235 and they are trying to hire a replacement for $140 to do the same run. Needless to say, it hasen't be very successful.

I know @ our terminal, a linehauler wants to go on days. The linehaul run pays $235 and they are trying to hire a replacement for $140 to do the same run. Needless to say, it hasen't be very successful.

So they are trying to cut that L/H rate?That sucks.......

So they are trying to cut that L/H rate?That sucks.......

I don't know about that specific rate but I do know that R+L is the only company out there that did not have a sliding scale for linehaul drivers. Any driver hired was working for the same rate. Like I said, I am not sure about the rate or what it should be but the idea does make sense.