Holland | Ue coo withdrawn ??

Ziggy

TB Lurker
Credits
We are being told by the local and also from other empolyees that the company has withdrawn their UE COO and will not be bringing it back up.Tried to confirm this with Andrew C. this morning but only could reach his voicemail. Was trying to get a cofirmation in writing.Will try and get something a little more concrete asap.

We are being told by the local and also from other empolyees that the company has withdrawn their UE COO and will not be bringing it back up.Tried to confirm this with Andrew C. this morning but only could reach his voicemail. Was trying to get a cofirmation in writing.Will try and get something a little more concrete asap.
:chairshot::chairshot: So I was right in my thinking that they only really wanted it for Yellow and Roadway. Maybe. we can already do basically what a UE does in closed terminals, but dispatch and dock supervisors arent smart enough to load the trailer correctly and dispatch us. I guess we can expect a lot more VIA'S in the future if this is true. Fine with me! Man I am so far away from that "big picture" that its starting to scare me!!!!:knockout::knockout:

Well things seem to be getting stranger as we go.After news from the local that the company has withdrawn their proposed UE COO,The company when asked to confirn this has no comment.Could this be because Scott W. is no longer with the company as of yesterday and nobody is at the wheel of line haul ?? Just thinking out loud.

I made contact with Andrew this morning and ask some questions.Mostly when bids our coming down and his comment is soon as we can figure out this change. It's true that the UE is dead but what do these Dutch people have up there sleeve because, I heard could be ugly, Like a road driver running a 350 mile minnies and working 3-5 hours on dock,possible slacking up language on the cross dock

He is from YRC. I believe at one point this year or last he was an interim CFO for Holland until a new one was found and then he went back to YRC. Mr. L is still in charge of the regionals. He took over for the failures of Mr. O as president and came in to get Holland to perform better. He started some things and feels it is time to have a permanent president for the company to do what ever else they need to do start making $$.

He is from YRC. I believe at one point this year or last he was an interim CFO for Holland until a new one was found and then he went back to YRC. Mr. L is still in charge of the regionals. He took over for the failures of Mr. O as president and came in to get Holland to perform better. He started some things and feels it is time to have a permanent president for the company to do what ever else they need to do start making $$.

"Shaking head"
YRCW RUINED THIS COMPANY AND NOW THEY WANT TO SAVE IT?
Commercial property values are down, trucking terminals are NOT in demand. Now they have to actually let us run ourselves until they can get back 10 cents on every dollar they paid for us.
YRCW is a real piece of work. Watch how their new Velocity Network (read USF'S longtime way of servicing customers) fails. You would think after trying to copy another companies system, they would get it right the first time around. If you have to ruin several companies along the way, your leadership needs some polishing.
The day they spin us off will be a good day.

Scott is still with linehaul, but there is a new president jeff rogers.

Senior Management Team

Keith Lovetro, President & CEO
Jeff Rogers, CFO
Wayne Davis, VP-Human Resources

Headquarters
10990 Roe Ave
Overland Park, KS 66211
(913) 344-3575 Phone
(913) 266-4390 Fax
Steve Gast, President-New Penn
Keith Lovetro, President-USF Holland
T.J. O'Connor, President-USF Reddaway

YRC Worldwide

Well things seem to be getting stranger as we go.After news from the local that the company has withdrawn their proposed UE COO,The company when asked to confirn this has no comment.Could this be because Scott W. is no longer with the company as of yesterday and nobody is at the wheel of line haul ?? Just thinking out loud.

YRC is just too arrogant to admit that the Holland way is the best. First they acquire Holland and then try to operate the company like Yellow or Roadway. When that did not work YRC "ran-off" what was left of the old guard of Holland management. Then YRC has tried to operate similar to Con-Way or Fed-Ex and that is when they hired Scott. Apparently that is not working. Will Scott be the next to go? We can only hope. YRC must wake up and realize that the Holland way is the right way for Holland. The Holland way is different, but it worked for our Company.

"Shaking head"
YRCW RUINED THIS COMPANY AND NOW THEY WANT TO SAVE IT?
Commercial property values are down, trucking terminals are NOT in demand. Now they have to actually let us run ourselves until they can get back 10 cents on every dollar they paid for us.
YRCW is a real piece of work. Watch how their new Velocity Network (read USF'S longtime way of servicing customers) fails. You would think after trying to copy another companies system, they would get it right the first time around. If you have to ruin several companies along the way, your leadership needs some polishing.
The day they spin us off will be a good day.
It's a shame what they have done to Holland. They have run us in the ground (sometimes seemingly on purpose), now it sounds like they would like to correct their errors. It will be a tough task to dig our way out of this. I am confident that our employees are up to the task, but I'm not sure our management are. We have TMs and Sups. that act like they don't have a dime invested. When corporate starts rolling some of these delinquents out the door, They will get the best out of every employee. But, not until then! Too many bridges have been burned. Just my opinion.

Well I guess I screwed up and jumped the gun on the Scott W thing. Local dispatcher and a couple of others told me he was gone and I couldn't get Andrew on the phone to confirm or deny. In the future I'll be more careful before posting because I pride myself on checking the facts and not falling for all of the cell phone rumors.Same goes for the cancellation of the UE COO.The BA's (both ours and a few others) have said it's gone but not one word from the company on this subject ??? Does anyone find this strange? No bids have come down and its past time .Are they trying to reset the old bids or figure out new utility related ones ??

Well I guess I screwed up and jumped the gun on the Scott W thing. Local dispatcher and a couple of others told me he was gone and I couldn't get Andrew on the phone to confirm or deny. In the future I'll be more careful before posting because I pride myself on checking the facts and not falling for all of the cell phone rumors.Same goes for the cancellation of the UE COO.The BA's (both ours and a few others) have said it's gone but not one word from the company on this subject ??? Does anyone find this strange? No bids have come down and its past time .Are they trying to reset the old bids or figure out new utility related ones ??
Your forgiven! I do find that strange. Who knows what they are up to. Keep the good info. coming.:1036316054:

Well, I have heard some chatter the last couple nights but I will not post it til I know its confirmed. I will say it has to do with switches, drops, and cross-docking! Interesting.:1036316054:

Indy, don't sweat it. I know what you mean because it happened to me about a year or so ago. With all of the correct info you have supplied to all of us you're allowed a miss here and there. :1036316054:

We bid this coming week and there are no new UE bids on our city bid sheet, only the three from the first COO. Nobody's saying anything around LO either about the current COO proposal? Its still hanging but thats about it. :shrug:

Indy, I think we will all run open board and be road-utility!Did you see my earlier posting about bids. I did make contact with dispatcher and said Mr.W--e is still on payroll!