Yellow | Unable to lure new dockwrkrs, tapping work release inmates.

yrcobserver

TB Lurker
Credits
Rich Ganch, midwest vp, says company is exploring option of working with the department of corrections to get non driving, part time jobs filled by non violent prisoners in work release programs. Apparently in many hours the pay is too low to attract new hires.

Let word of that get out and im sure your customers will appreciate that.One of the worst ideas ive ever heard of in trucking.

Rich Ganch, midwest vp, says company is exploring option of working with the department of corrections to get non driving, part time jobs filled by non violent prisoners in work release programs. Apparently in many hours the pay is too low to attract new hires.

To work in management I hope. They should be eminently qualified for one of those jobs.

So many here consider themselves slaves/prisoners so what's the difference? :biglaugh:

i just cant resist.

THIS IS WHAT YOU ALL WANT, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET.:LMAO:

Anyone remember "Midstates trucking" well thats what they were doing. Had Con's working their dock.(work release program for inmates)
Also remember what happened to Midstates trucking.
They closed went bankrupt.

Anyone remember "Midstates trucking" well thats what they were doing. Had Con's working their dock.(work release program for inmates)
Also remember what happened to Midstates trucking.
They closed went bankrupt.

Thank goodness all the companies that didn't use cons are still around! :smile:

We have a jail 1 mile from terminal 145 I guess There's plenty of available from the Cheshire correctional Institute.

We have a jail 1 mile from terminal 145 I guess There's plenty of available from the Cheshire correctional Institute.

Come on, inmates from Federal facility at Danbury would be more desirable don't you think? :smile:

And Maybrook could be fed from Downstate, Eastern NY, Shawangunk and Ulster facilities, all relatively close by.

After 4 years you top out at 15.30 an hr with the give back? 11.90 to start? Jeez, I wonder why people aren't rushing to get hired.