FedEx Freight | Unfair Raise

Purple Toe

Has Jam
Credits
Boy did York, Pa get shafted. They are only 20 miles from Harrisburg and only got a .30 raise. Both Harrisburg terminals got a 1.00 cost of living raise in addition to the .30. They all live in the same area, work in the same area. What a joke. York sends help to Harrisburg when they need it and when they do they will be getting a dollar less to do the same thing. Working side by side and making different wages. You wouldn't have this problem with a union.

Maybe not the problem you describe, but there would be problems. I suggest you pretend you lost your job at fedex and go on craigslist or some other site where you would look for employment and take a look at what is out there. I do this every other day and it reminds me how thankful I am to have my job.

boy did york, pa get shafted. They are only 20 miles from harrisburg and only got a .30 raise. Both harrisburg terminals got a 1.00 cost of living raise in addition to the .30. They all live in the same area, work in the same area. What a joke. York sends help to harrisburg when they need it and when they do they will be getting a dollar less to do the same thing. Working side by side and making different wages. You wouldn't have this problem with a union.

and they wonder why morale is so low you just gave one of many examples

Boy did York, Pa get shafted. They are only 20 miles from Harrisburg and only got a .30 raise. Both Harrisburg terminals got a 1.00 cost of living raise in addition to the .30. They all live in the same area, work in the same area. What a joke. York sends help to Harrisburg when they need it and when they do they will be getting a dollar less to do the same thing. Working side by side and making different wages. You wouldn't have this problem with a union.
you get what you pay for......

Ok, so RC sees it like this. I may be wrong but I believe pay scales vary by the zip code of your service center. If service center A is in a more affluent (read higher real estate values) area than service center B, then those employees get more $$ than the employees at center B. It all equals out because the employees at center B feel they are getting serviced (read screwed) and their is a monetary value to being serviced, just ask any rancher that uses a stud service.

So what to do? Obtain 3rd party representation, which by the way usually has different geographical payscales, transfer to Harrisburg, or go to work for someone that pays everyone the same. I've been hearing this same whining for over 20 years. And BTW, I don't make as much as some other yards.

Not as creepy as him driving around in his thong.....the poor city driver having to drive that tractor.
It's not Cody, is it?

Here is the thing RC. These guys all live in the same neighborhood. They pass each other on their way to work and they pass each other while they are at work. Both city operations go into some of the same areas. Road drivers go into some of the same terminals and will be making different wages and when they get home they are probably neighbors. Even the redshirts know its not right but they have to put on a happy face. It is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen a company do. So the way PT sees it. At least with a third party you have a grievance right. Transferring to Harrisburg you loose your seniority. Or get on here and whine to RC for the next twenty years

You damn sure won't be whining to RC for the next twenty years. I know it sucks but I think RC gave you the reason why. This isn't the first or only place this has happened.
Have you asked anyone in HR why there is such a wage disparity?

Purple Toe said:
No Guardrail I think its FedEx that is the ungrateful little you know what

I agree,I live in a lower wage region and at least three of our competitors make close to the same hourly wage as our higher wage areas.
Dayton Freight $24.10,Conway $24.15,Pitt Ohio $23 and change and no insurance costs. And here we are,not even close to $23.00.

I agree,I live in a lower wage region and at least three of our competitors make close to the same hourly wage as our higher wage areas.
Dayton Freight $24.10,Conway $24.15,Pitt Ohio $23 and change and no insurance costs. And here we are,not even close to $23.00.

But driver that nice big volvo or big cab Kcar sure goes nice down the highway and you can blow on by the slow conway drivers in there old sterlings and just the sheer prestige of wearing the purple pajammas and the free purple koolaid in the breakroom should be good enough common! As I have been told that wage difference really doesnt amount to all that much xtra so I know it sucks but hey you could always move to one of the promise land big dollar centers if it means that much to ya so go get in your million mile fedex large car and get along down to the hub and oh make your gate driver and oh heres a refurbished 4 yr old handheld to enter your tasks on and hope it doesnt lock up on ya because you are in complete control of your pay now with this cutting edge technology!!!! Happy truckin good buddy!!!!

From what we were told FedEx uses a third party to come up with the data on cola raises. FedEx loves third parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner