Union BS

Mike1209

TB Lurker
Credits
I sit here and read all your Pro union and anti union comments and to say the leaset you all sound like a bunch of 2 year olds. Why dont you just stick to the facts. All you pro union people are so blinded by the BS that you are fed daily. The truth is that more union companies have gone out of business in the past 25 years because of the union then private companies. You think the union is going to come in and have your best interest at heart. You think you'll automatically get a hugh rate increase. Give me a break. All they see are 1000+ employees paying dues which in turn keeps them in business. And what happens when the company refuses to meet their ridiculous demands? dont worry we'll go on strike and teach them a lesson, we'll pay you strike wages. Trying paying your mortgage with that. I will tell you what the union enviornment breeds, laziness and contempt. I'll tell you one last thing, I dont work for New Century nor am I in a union. But i have been in the transportation industry for over 30 years as a driver. I'm sure those of you that are too ignorant to actually do your homework will come back with BS comments that have absolutely no basis or content which will show why you are for the union. I will leave you with the following top 20 companies that the Teamsters have put out of business. Take a look at it, take a look at the number of men without jobs and then tell me what your Union will do for YOU.

1. PIE - 17,593
2. Consolidated Freightways - 15,500
3. McLean Trucking Co. - 14,530
4. American Freight System - 10,981
5. Spector Redball -7,610
6. Maislin Transport -6,375
7. Hall's Motor Transit -5,809
8. Interstate Motor Freight -5,536
9. Preston Trucking -5,500
10. Transcon Lines -4,817
11. Lee Way Motor Frt. -4,139
12. Wilson Freight Co. -3,754
13. Mason & Dixon Lines -3,627
14. IML Freight -3,624
15. Jones Motor Company - 3,547
16. NationsWay Transport Service -3,500
17. T.I.M.E. - D.C. -3,303
18. Branch Motor Express - 3,032
19. Pilot Freight Carriers - 2,685
20. Johnson Motor Lines - 2,515

Sound like a campaign pitch .the ballots get open and if 4 of 6 are yes votes the unions in.plain and simple .its too late in the process for it now..if you don't like being a union member I suggest you start looking for a job

Thanks Mike1209 !!! Have you check to see if you have any:nut_kick: ? what kind of benefits do you have Mike ? Do know what made this happen Mike ? Mike you are saying all company's are bad with Unions ? Mike that was a great list you shared with the world , question ? you are 100 percent sure the Union closed the doors for the company's closed ??? and nothing about bad management ?

You missed quite a few names on that list. Most if not all those listed went by the wayside for two reasons. The inability to compete with non-union carriers with lower overhead costs or poor high level management decisions. Prior to President Carter deregulating the trucking industry, all motor carrier companies were thriving,all union,all regulated to charge the same rates across the board, hence all making profits and still pay a premium wage to their employees. Thanks to deregulation union carriers could not compete with non-union carriers. Those are the facts and they are documented. It had nothing to do with greediness by the unions. Everyone was happy and making money, inclusive of the owners. To save the remaining few carriers that were willing to stick it out during that time, the unions voted for a pay cut, usually in the form of % givebacks. Sometimes it worked, but for most they bankrolled the givebacks and closed up, taking that % of givebacks with them. A perfect example of management greed not union laziness as you stated. There's no BS here, just facts. I've put 38 years in the trade, and i'm happy to say that 28 0f them were with union carriers. As a thank you for those 28 years, I collect a sizable pension. I get nothing for the 10 years as a non-union employee. That in itself is worth the dues. New Century has been abusing their employees for years now, constantly taking away instead of rewarding, all the while bankrolling their huge profits. They brought this on themselves.

Thats a scumbag response from NCTShopsteward...lots of people work here that are vested in NCT...if 94 people think its in their best interest to give everyone else grief...that group isnt going to take things lightly

Thats not what i'm saying. Its never 100% anyones fault. If you look at history the majority of union shops are not in good shape. The reason being it takes your right away as an individual to speak for yourself. No job is ever perfect but to put a third party in between employee and employer just puts a wedge. My point is if you think the union is the answer and all your problems will go away and life will be sunshine and roses your mistaken. Tell me in recent history what the Teamsters have done that has benefited so many lifes? Everyone thinks that just because you vote the union in all problems go away, I just think they multiply. The company is in business to make money as are the teamsters. Make no mistake, they are a company in business for one sole reason. Too make money. So even though they tell you they are putting your best interests first they are not and once in will do whatever to make sure they never leave even if its not in the best interests of the workers. If you think any company in the world can afford to pay top wages, 100% of insurance and a pension to all employees you are sadly mistaken. Those days are gone. This is my opinion and having been in the industry for a very long time I have seen it happen over and over. I am not pro union nor pro company but i am an individual and having someone speak for me that does not have my best interests at heart 100% of the time is not how I wish to live my working career.

Let's wait for the final tally first , you have no guarantees before the union showed up that Nct would remain open day to day ..dark sky will be the first guy in line at the stewards office begging to get his job back god forbid he ever makes a mistake out on the road

I sit here and read all your Pro union and anti union comments and to say the leaset you all sound like a bunch of 2 year olds. Why dont you just stick to the facts. All you pro union people are so blinded by the BS that you are fed daily. The truth is that more union companies have gone out of business in the past 25 years because of the union then private companies. You think the union is going to come in and have your best interest at heart. You think you'll automatically get a hugh rate increase. Give me a break. All they see are 1000+ employees paying dues which in turn keeps them in business. And what happens when the company refuses to meet their ridiculous demands? dont worry we'll go on strike and teach them a lesson, we'll pay you strike wages. Trying paying your mortgage with that. I will tell you what the union enviornment breeds, laziness and contempt. I'll tell you one last thing, I dont work for New Century nor am I in a union. But i have been in the transportation industry for over 30 years as a driver. I'm sure those of you that are too ignorant to actually do your homework will come back with BS comments that have absolutely no basis or content which will show why you are for the union. I will leave you with the following top 20 companies that the Teamsters have put out of business. Take a look at it, take a look at the number of men without jobs and then tell me what your Union will do for YOU.

1. PIE - 17,593
2. Consolidated Freightways - 15,500
3. McLean Trucking Co. - 14,530
4. American Freight System - 10,981
5. Spector Redball -7,610
6. Maislin Transport -6,375
7. Hall's Motor Transit -5,809
8. Interstate Motor Freight -5,536
9. Preston Trucking -5,500
10. Transcon Lines -4,817
11. Lee Way Motor Frt. -4,139
12. Wilson Freight Co. -3,754
13. Mason & Dixon Lines -3,627
14. IML Freight -3,624
15. Jones Motor Company - 3,547
16. NationsWay Transport Service -3,500
17. T.I.M.E. - D.C. -3,303
18. Branch Motor Express - 3,032
19. Pilot Freight Carriers - 2,685
20. Johnson Motor Lines - 2,515
Breeds laziness? I work for ABF & I work my ass off we have computers that monitor our every move! All companys have slugs union & non. The union is not perfect but at least you have work rules & seniority, Maybe after another 30 years you will have a clue....

Yes Mike ! That is you , and we aren't all the same .. Some would like to better the life they have , and you may have to take a change ... .. My question to you ??? this is a yes or no answer .. Will a company take as much as they can for a Employee if they can ? Y or N Mike .... and you never did answer about your benefits ...

Yes they will but a union will not stop that. As far as benefits go I have great benefits w/ a non union company.
As far as having a clue, I never classified all people in one category. You have good and bad in union and non union.

Great benefits , thanks for being so truthful about this ... try paying $152.00 a week for a family ...or would you rather pay 66 a month ?

Nah fed I was a teamster for a long time and like I said before I saw a lot of crooked stuff. I never needed the union I did & still do live by this simple saying. A fairs day work for a fairs day pay. Unions are still needed in the US just not at NCT we are different here and offer a lot prem services that a union carrier could only dream if offering. It's just not a good fit here.

And ncstuipsteward really your ok with putting 1500 jobs on the line because you wanted to take a chance ? Wow if that is the case go work for ABF or YRC or ups ? Oh I get it you can't they won't hire you an if they did you would I right to the bottom of the list. Don't worry karma will get you my friend .

Nah fed I was a teamster for a long time and like I said before I saw a lot of crooked stuff. I never needed the union I did & still do live by this simple saying. A fairs day work for a fairs day pay. Unions are still needed in the US just not at NCT we are different here and offer a lot prem services that a union carrier could only dream if offering. It's just not a good fit here.

And ncstuipsteward really your ok with putting 1500 jobs on the line because you wanted to take a chance ? Wow if that is the case go work for ABF or YRC or ups ? Oh I get it you can't they won't hire you an if they did you would I right to the bottom of the list. Don't worry karma will get you my friend .
Y wouldnt those outfits hire him??? Do u have a drug charge? Or a assult n battery? Or d.u.i? Oh wait my bad, thats the stuff on my record. And im a proud ups freight teamster... u must be a serial killer..... lol if u r im pretty sure central trans would hire u. I heard they got a company recruiter that sits outside the prisons from timt to time.

Nope I would get hired in a second I wasn't talking about me my friend but about the man who wants to put 1500 people on the street because he wanted to take a chance. If you want to work at a union carrier please be my guest it just does not work at NCT.

Thats not what i'm saying. Its never 100% anyones fault.

That is what you said. Your post was an obvious attempt to blamed the union, not deregulation mismanagement and corporate greed, for those companies going out of business. These are your words

The truth is that more union companies have gone out of business in the past 25 years because of the union then private companies.

If you look at history the majority of union shops are not in good shape. The reason being it takes your right away as an individual to speak for yourself.

I'm sure those of you that are too ignorant to actually do your homework will come back with BS comments that have absolutely no basis or content which will show why you are for the union

I will leave you with the following top 20 companies that the Teamsters have put out of business. Take a look at it, take a look at the number of men without jobs and then tell me what your Union will do for YOU

Mike1209 , so far I haven't see the BS comments you predicted. But it looks to me that you didn't do your homework. I would say that your attack on the union is a little too late. But if the vote passes be assured that Local 107 and NCT will come to an agreement that will allow NCT to continue it's specialized services.

Dark sky nct will not be shutting down when the union comes in .do your homework jefferies owns other union companies too. You keep listening to the president who feed you that story .nct will shutdown due to poor mgmt not the union .

Bottom line....the FACTS..... NEW CENTURY has been taking and taking and taking from their employees for years. FORCING them to incur more and more out of pocket expenses. There is no end in sight. THEY created this mess not the employees!! Now it's time to pay up for all their greediness. A perfect example of a non union carrier taking advantage of their hard working employees. The union will balance out what's been taken in the past and ensure that the employees won't be taken advantage of in the future.

It's Friday and I am tired of this. There are 6 ballots to count and they can't count them fast enough to get this crap over with. Have a good weekend all ~~~~~