Yellow | union hall vote

L

La8Fr8

I want to vote at the terminal when I come into work. I dont have time to take off work to go try to find the union hall. Let us vote at the terminals when we come to work if you want to see how we really vote!

I want to vote at the terminal when I come into work. I dont have time to take off work to go try to find the union hall. Let us vote at the terminals when we come to work if you want to see how we really vote!

You dont have time to vote on your livelihood? You are what is wrong with the union today.

Well considering that were a. 24/7 operation and that we have sleeper teams that stay out a week at a time voting at the terminal wouldn't be a bad idea

I actually agree, not with the part about finding the union hall, but I believe you could get almost one hundred percent vote if it was done at the terminal. I would think that would be what everyone would really want?

I advocate that everyone take the day off and vote. Stop by the hall in your truck if you have to.

I can tell you for a fact that during the spring break of 1994(strike) we had people asking for directions to the hall to pick up their strike benefits check and they were serious about not knowing where it was located.

we had other contracts voted at the terminal, this was done to make more people vote. ba sat there with the box all day long.

Unless the hall is going to be open 24 hrs a day during the vote then I think it should be done at the terminal. We have people that live 150 to 300 miles away from the terminal, and teams that leave 7 days a week. If the union truly is looking out for us this is what they would have to do to make sure the most get to vote.
:2437::hide::hid

im sure they would get a good vote while every one is been watched by that eye in the sky in ever lunch room or dock across the country .

I fill it is done this way ( sat. & sun at the hall ) is to insure a yes vote outcome. Some people will not even make an effort to get to the hall !!

It's the nice new building in the business park, with big "No trucks allowed" signs at the entrance....easy to find

I fill it is done this way ( sat. & sun at the hall ) is to insure a yes vote outcome. Some people will not even make an effort to get to the hall !!

If NO votes will not go to the hall and vote, they must not feel very passionate about voting NO.

Voting at the terminal would surely result in a yes vote. Many of the members that would not take the time or effort to go to the union hall to vote obviously don`t care if the agreement is voted in or not. There appears to be more passion in the members that are against an agreement and are willing to make an effort to express their views. If I didn`t know where the union hall was, I sure wouldn`t post it on truckingboards for everyone to see. This is an example of why unionism is a fading movement and the percentage of unionized workers has fallen over the last 30 years. When union membership doesn`t care and the union leadership doesn`t get involved as much as they should, this is the result. Unionism will come back as soon as wages and benefits fall far enough as they seem to be doing now. I wish union membership and the leadership had the passion today that teamsters had 35 or 40 years ago. Members back then were proud teamsters and fought for themselves and future generations of teamsters, today a growing number of members only care about their next paycheck.

My union hall is 91 miles from my house. And as much as I hate to do it I'm driving there to vote NO!