Yellow | union hall vote

When I work in Houston. tx I had to drive 168 miles round trip to work and union hall. In 7 years did not miss one union meeting :shift:

at Holland we dont get to go out and come back home if your on the open board.We leave Sunday night and we might not get home untill next Sunday morning.So with that in mind many of us wont be home to go to the hall to vote.Why not let us cast our votes at the terminal before we have to leave and were hung out all week and cant get to the hall to vote?

I can appreciate your concerns,but instead of complaining about it on Truckingboards get on the phone with your local and tell them how you feel.

I'm a 710 guy.just talked to our ba and he said that the vote at the hall is a order from the IBT For every hall.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Local 710

I'm a 710 guy.just talked to our ba and he said that the vote at the hall is a order from the IBT For every hall.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Because they own 25% of YRC, and want to get paid, before representing the members. Sold out again.

A yes vote is automatic for the no shows if I'm not mistaken
This non sense was said about the last vote and if that was true it would've passed since over 7k didn't even vote, Vote however you want but don't spread bull**** there's enough drama going on already

Are you kidding me? I was given NOTHING, compared to what they took back.

You were given about $1200 worth of stock in a 401k after the last mou. I never said it was anything compared to what you gave. My avatar has to do with the fact I work for the regionals (yrc's cash machine)

We all should ask for secret balloting at the locals.No waterboarding allowed by union officials swaying the way we vote.There is no hurry ladies and gents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

mike how do you think the vote would go if it were being watched by managment ,and of course its on tape so they can review it over in over ?

Honest question here, but with union representation and defense why are you worried about whether management sees how you vote? You have representation. What can they do to you? If they screw with you file a grievance. They can't fire you, and if they threaten physical harm call the law.

The vote should be at the local and should be secret. Our east coast local is using a ballot box to be sealed at the lock with two trailer seals. The first voter writes down the seal # and the last guy voting on Sunday at 4:00 will confirm the seal # and the votes will be counted in front of any and all present...