FedEx Freight | Union Question

FedexFool

TB Lurker
Credits
Maybe a union driver from another company could help me with this question. There are 7 FedEx Freight centers in New Jersey and only one of them voted in the union. How can that one Union Center negotiate for a good contract? If the company does not agree to their demands in a contract what could they possibly do strike? I strike would not affect the company with six other NJ centers all around them to move there freight. What other power do they have at that center??

Maybe a union driver from another company could help me with this question. There are 7 FedEx Freight centers in New Jersey and only one of them voted in the union. How can that one Union Center negotiate for a good contract? If the company does not agree to their demands in a contract what could they possibly do strike? I strike would not affect the company with six other NJ centers all around them to move there freight. What other power do they have at that center??
I will try to answer you best I can FF. Some of my answers will sound like questions though,so think about them.
If FedEx and the union reach an agreement,the members should be voting on it.
If no agreement can be reached,the members could be asked to take a strike vote.
Is it a large center they are trying to organize?
Could the other terminals pick up and deliver the area affected in the event of a strike?
The company and union could negotiate for quite awhile.
Don't look for FedEx to just cave in to one terminal.
There is a huge advantage if say most all the terminals in that area were unionized.
The company could close the terminal and realign coverage for that area from a point further away,making it a long commute.
They will feed you all kinds of propaganda, including probably intimidation.
You have to decide for yourself what you want.
Consistent raises, yearly,for the duration of the contract.
Company matching 401..
Better health insurance,with lower premiums for you. Or are you happy with what you have?
A fair procedure for both sides as far as discipline,and or termination.
OT offered by seniority.
A lot depends on what you guys want,and communication with your local.
Hopefully if you are at this terminal,the union is keeping you guys informed on what they would be asking for.
Did the local meet with you guys?
They should be willing to answer any questions you have.
If it did come down to a vote on a contract proposal,the local should be prepared to explain any ramifications of a no vote to the members.
A union is only as good,or bad as the members make it.

Ask RC why is it that every time someone comes into Truckingboards with proper grammar, proper punctuation, etc with anti-union views, someone always ask what color shirt they're wearing?

One could deduce he's a plant based off of when he joined and the topic of all of his post. 34 total post all inciting fear in 2.5 years.

Last edited:
One could deduce he's a plant based off of when he joined and the topic of all of his post. 34 total post all inciting fear in 2.5 years.
One could deduce that you're a plant based off of your post and your work history. 4 years worth of pro-union post, telling everyone how great the union is, yet over the last 5 or so years you've had 4 different jobs, all with non-union companies...just sayin'

One could deduce that you're a plant based off of your post and your work history. 4 years worth of pro-union post, telling everyone how great the union is, yet over the last 5 or so years you've had 4 different jobs, all with non-union companies...just sayin'

Well if you have gone through each one of the more than 5,000 post I've made hats off to you. I'm also interested in how you think you know anything about my work history? Could you pass the salt please?

riysNy6.jpg

Last edited:
Well if you have gone through each one of the more than 5,000 post I've made hats off to you. I'm also interested in how you think you know anything about my work history? Could you pass the salt please?

riysNy6.jpg
No need to go through all of your 5000 post, just the ones you posted on the FedEx forum, including those from your previous screen names. :poke:

As for your work history, you're not the only one with friends in low places.

The pic fits you well!! :1036316054:

No need to go through all of your 5000 post, just the ones you posted on the FedEx forum, including those from your previous screen names. :poke:

As for your work history, you're not the only one with friends in low places.

The pic fits you well!! :1036316054:

Oh, I see. More of your unreliable sources?

I will try to answer you best I can FF. Some of my answers will sound like questions though,so think about them.
If FedEx and the union reach an agreement,the members should be voting on it.
If no agreement can be reached,the members could be asked to take a strike vote.
Is it a large center they are trying to organize?
Could the other terminals pick up and deliver the area affected in the event of a strike?
The company and union could negotiate for quite awhile.
Don't look for FedEx to just cave in to one terminal.
There is a huge advantage if say most all the terminals in that area were unionized.
The company could close the terminal and realign coverage for that area from a point further away,making it a long commute.
They will feed you all kinds of propaganda, including probably intimidation.
You have to decide for yourself what you want.
Consistent raises, yearly,for the duration of the contract.
Company matching 401..
Better health insurance,with lower premiums for you. Or are you happy with what you have?
A fair procedure for both sides as far as discipline,and or termination.
OT offered by seniority.
A lot depends on what you guys want,and communication with your local.
Hopefully if you are at this terminal,the union is keeping you guys informed on what they would be asking for.
Did the local meet with you guys?
They should be willing to answer any questions you have.
If it did come down to a vote on a contract proposal,the local should be prepared to explain any ramifications of a no vote to the members.
A union is only as good,or bad as the members make it.
RCH and GBO screwed CLT when they pulled their votes. The employees would have more bargaining power if the other terminals had actually backed them up. just sayin