FedEx Freight | Union Talk?

Gus

TB Lurker
Credits
Had someone at my terminal (driver, but i didn't know him) approach me to see if I was interested in the union comming in to our barn. Is this just local or is the union waking up anywhere else? I've heard rumors that there were some drivers meeting with the union, but they were just rumors.

Iam not anti union , however that would be a good way to get Fred to push the contractor button...since ground is doing so well..

Probably someone looking to move up, hoping you get released for wanting to begin a union. You should have run away yelling stranger danger! Fred would use Ground before ever letting a union begin, raise the rates and the drivers would come out of the woodwork. Freight Who? Ground and Purchase could have it covered until the dust settled. Unions are not the answer- DETROIT anyone? Soon to be the new america.

The world didn't come to an end when UPS went on strike. UPS lost alot of customers, who found other reliable/cheaper ways to ship. Emery benefited briefly.

Had someone at my terminal (driver, but i didn't know him) approach me to see if I was interested in the union comming in to our barn. Is this just local or is the union waking up anywhere else? I've heard rumors that there were some drivers meeting with the union, but they were just rumors.

Sure it wasn't a redshirt in disquise, looking to see if you're an agitator???

If the union wants in, they should contact Fred and company. That's who they will be in bed with.

Not for our benefit!!!

Read the union forums???

I, also, am not anti-union, but Fed Ex pays them to stay away. So, the union would rather take the payoff from Fed Ex, rather than taking the time to organize and recruit us drivers. Similar to how they pay a fee to take care of our rail trailers at the unionized rail yards. Therefore, there will never be a union at this company. JMO

I, also, am not anti-union, but Fed Ex pays them to stay away. So, the union would rather take the payoff from Fed Ex, rather than taking the time to organize and recruit us drivers. Similar to how they pay a fee to take care of our rail trailers at the unionized rail yards. Therefore, there will never be a union at this company. JMO

How do they pay the union off?

Probably someone looking to move up, hoping you get released for wanting to begin a union. You should have run away yelling stranger danger! Fred would use Ground before ever letting a union begin, raise the rates and the drivers would come out of the woodwork. Freight Who? Ground and Purchase could have it covered until the dust settled. Unions are not the answer- DETROIT anyone? Soon to be the new america.

The world didn't come to an end when UPS went on strike. UPS lost alot of customers, who found other reliable/cheaper ways to ship. Emery benefited briefly.

You guys need to learn the rules regarding organizing and what the Co. can and can't do. Now as for the kick back comments that is complete BS

I remember every couple of years the union rep would show up at the gate for a couple of days and pass out literature about the union. There were always those drivers who would sign cards and attend monthly meetings. By the following week things got back to normal. TP

My neck of the woods they won't even come down to the sidewalk across the street from the gate.
They did say however that organizing FredEx was a priority following the election...

that got Obama elected the first time.

If the union wants in, they should contact Fred and company. That's who they will be in bed with.

Not for our benefit!!!

Read the union forums???
They are already in the bed with them.To be so anti Unionn ,they are lining their pockets with this rail frt.For a company to be so anti union ,they sure are contributing to their bottom line.And they wonder why a lot are so unhappy.

I heard if Fred was feeling a little cantankerous, he would bury the briefcase somewhere and make Junior dig it up. :)

Spread the word... It will happen, the pilots got theirs, time to put those fists up and sign, 75% hate what fedex has turned viking into, Read some post at browncafe see how fedex is treating them. Wouldn't you like to be a teamster?

Spread the word... It will happen, the pilots got theirs, time to put those fists up and sign, 75% hate what fedex has turned viking into, Read some post at browncafe see how fedex is treating them. Wouldn't you like to be a teamster?

I know reading posts on the Internet make me want to sign a card. They're all so believable. Yeah! Lets do it! :regretful:

From what Iv'e been reading on this forum,it sounds like there's a lot of unhappy people working for Fedex.Between loosing at lot of your line haul work to sub-contractors and rail,to hiring part timers in the P&D operation and not having an 8 hour guarantee.There's both pros and cons being union just like anything else in life,but at least you would have a voice through a barging agreement.It would have to be done collectively throught out the network to happen not just one or two terminals at a time."Strength in numbers!"Just my two cents from an outsider with no intent to bash anyone's opinion on this issue.

And you believe so much in the union that you've quit FedEx and gone to work in a union job where???