FedEx Freight | Union Talk?

I, also, am not anti-union, but Fed Ex pays them to stay away. So, the union would rather take the payoff from Fed Ex, rather than taking the time to organize and recruit us drivers. Similar to how they pay a fee to take care of our rail trailers at the unionized rail yards. Therefore, there will never be a union at this company. JMO
and you know this how??? and the unions isnt what bankrupt motown. btw is "FRED" coming out with a BILLION a quarter in profits????? fed ex is a joke, you try and take out yrc, you get them all the way down to a stock worth no more then what a gumballs worth. I guess you just couldnt finish them off, btw they are trading around $30 a share now. well we all know one thing "FRED" didnt bankrupt Motown, they havent figured that part out yet!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

If the union wants in, they should contact Fred and company. That's who they will be in bed with.

Not for our benefit!!!

Read the union forums???

They have been in bed for years. That's why the Chicago vote didn't go the Union way. What was the like 2005 or something. That was the last time the Union talked to anyone not in management.

and you know this how??? and the unions isnt what bankrupt motown. btw is "FRED" coming out with a BILLION a quarter in profits????? fed ex is a joke, you try and take out yrc, you get them all the way down to a stock worth no more then what a gumballs worth. I guess you just couldnt finish them off, btw they are trading around $30 a share now. well we all know one thing "FRED" didnt bankrupt Motown, they havent figured that part out yet!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Well lets see a year or so ago about 5 road drivers that I know of at my terminal called and emailed the local and international and got nothing. Many people in other terminals called and emailed and got nothing. Heck BA's on here that preach organizing wouldn't lift a finger. Maybe thats part of why he isn't a BA anymore, I don't know.

No the unions didn't bankrupt Detroit on their own. But they helped convince the manufacturing to leave. Then you add in a liberal local government that refuse up to the end to accept anything was wrong.

You act as if that speaks to how strong YRC is. Your company is a joke and is killing the whole industry. HMM that last part reminds me of Detroit and hundreds of small towns in America. Be union proud they helped kill American jobs that your founding brothers fought to get and make better. Oh and say a prayer for the people in Asia who are forced to work in unsafe conditions for peanuts because you want to live like a millionaire CEO on a middle school education.

That $30 a share you are so proud of, was worth $80,000 plus 5 years ago, then with the magic of 2 reverse stock splits, you still have worthless stock.

So u mean to tell me fedex's stock didnt drop during 08-12???. All truckline stock feel big time. Zellers made a move at the worst possible time. If the country didnt go in a recession right after the merge. The government would have had to step in, and pull the "monopoly" rule on yrc.they would have been 5 times the size they are now. The move was jorrible timing.on the other hand fed ex took over viking n AF at a great time. when money was worth something. btw i dont work for yrc. im just blowing air on our topuc.

From what Iv'e been reading on this forum,it sounds like there's a lot of unhappy people working for Fedex.Between loosing at lot of your line haul work to sub-contractors and rail,to hiring part timers in the P&D operation and not having an 8 hour guarantee.There's both pros and cons being union just like anything else in life,but at least you would have a voice through a barging agreement.It would have to be done collectively throught out the network to happen not just one or two terminals at a time."Strength in numbers!"Just my two cents from an outsider with no intent to bash anyone's opinion on this issue.

Yep those YRC and ABF guys and gals are sure getting their voices heard. HA

Its headed this way anyways and that is ground hauling our freight. Well it wont be ours much longer, Back in the early 90's when I was with CWX ( Conway Westren Express) on the side of the trls it had a CF company logo on the side. Now where is CF. Gone. If Fred ever feels the threat of the Union, Freight would be gone and the freight would be shifted to Ground. A win win for Fred to line his pockets and we know how much Fred likes that. The more it works for Fred to use Ground, I see Fred what ever time schedule he has worked out more freight will shift towards Ground and more cuts at Freight :nutkick:

So u mean to tell me fedex's stock didnt drop during 08-12???. All truckline stock feel big time. Zellers made a move at the worst possible time. If the country didnt go in a recession right after the merge. The government would have had to step in, and pull the "monopoly" rule on yrc.they would have been 5 times the size they are now. The move was jorrible timing.on the other hand fed ex took over viking n AF at a great time. when money was worth something. btw i dont work for yrc. im just blowing air on our topuc.

:wtflol:Thanks for a great laugh....

Yet They are hauling their own freight.

Really that is why in the contract it covers how much can be hauled by an outside carrier? Granted it is nowhere near what ours is. But from what I see union guys are getting bent over just as bad.

From what Iv'e been reading on this forum,it sounds like there's a lot of unhappy people working for Fedex.Between loosing at lot of your line haul work to sub-contractors and rail,to hiring part timers in the P&D operation and not having an 8 hour guarantee.There's both pros and cons being union just like anything else in life,but at least you would have a voice through a barging agreement.It would have to be done collectively throught out the network to happen not just one or two terminals at a time."Strength in numbers!"Just my two cents from an outsider with no intent to bash anyone's opinion on this issue.

I was a shop steward in the teamsters from '89-93 & the only strength they had was UPS package...still is. The union didn't seem to put much effort into preserving the trucking sector. I was amazed at the way they sunk CF by putting up no resistance to CF combining the Conway regional carriers to put CF out of business.
I watched every trucking BA be replaced by people from UPS. When I went in to talk with the BA, he did not know the first thing about our contract, so I'd have to wait for him to read up on what we discussed. I'd wait, but have to call to prod an answer out of him. Eventually, the lack of so-called union power led to contract concession, after concession until the company finally folded. For trucking, the union has no power, which started when they allowed UPS to seperate their contract negotiations from the trucking master contract.
As far as unhappy FedEx drivers, I know we have our share, but back in the '90's all you had to do is attend the monthly meeting at the unionhall & 95% of the grievences were from the UPS drivers. I doubt that UPS has changed it's tactics & the stunts it pulls to intimidate drivers, so I think, at today's Teamster meeting, you would still hear a lot of unhappy UPS drivers.

I, also, am not anti-union, but Fed Ex pays them to stay away. So, the union would rather take the payoff from Fed Ex, rather than taking the time to organize and recruit us drivers. Similar to how they pay a fee to take care of our rail trailers at the unionized rail yards. Therefore, there will never be a union at this company. JMO
I can tell you that your opinion is about as accurate as our SCM telling us there wouldn't be anymore change of operations coming this year or next. There's an organizing campaign going on at our center as we speak, and the union reps had no qualms about meeting with our workers.

hey if we go onion maybe we will get exempt from obama care !!get 95 % of our pay when we don't work and tax the non onion workers more to pay for it.

The unions are their pensions are exactly what caused the down fall of Detroit.

I can tell you that your opinion is about as accurate as our SCM telling us there wouldn't be anymore change of operations coming this year or next. There's an organizing campaign going on at our center as we speak, and the union reps had no qualms about meeting with our workers.
Welcome to TruckingBoards FedUpman1978! Nice first post, good information! I hope you find a home here, there is alot to look at and alot of good friends to make!

hey if we go onion maybe we will get exempt from obama care !!get 95 % of our pay when we don't work and tax the non onion workers more to pay for it.
So why do you call it onion instead of union? Is that your way of taking an itty bitty shot at the union? Hell I love onions, I love the union too. I would try harder next time.

Oh, I think calling it the onion goes back to when using the word union was a no-no on this board.
But then again, most people that use it do so in a derogatory manner.
Oh, and RC does apologize profusely to the city drivers for using that five syllable word.