Union warehouses back east?

sfdriver

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi all,

I'm new here and wanted to know witch sysco warehouses are union back east? I am a driver in CA. now but I'm looking to move next summer. We are union at my warehouse and from how it is here I would not work for this company if it was not union. Any info would be great.

Was looking in the Kentucky/West Virginia area. Any surrounding states would be fine. Driving an hour or so to get to work is no big deal.

Hi all,

I'm new here and wanted to know witch sysco warehouses are union back east? I am a driver in CA. now but I'm looking to move next summer. We are union at my warehouse and from how it is here I would not work for this company if it was not union. Any info would be great.

sfdriver, your not alone, I wouldn't work for a non-union Sysco house ever! I would work at KFC first! We are union in OK, come here, we are needing drivers, but if you want to really go back east, there are guys that can help, like sharpshooter, just let us know where you want to be.

You'd probably like eastern TN, Kingsport is on the border of VA and W.va, great area to raise a family too...plus no state income tax. If they are union there it would probably be Local 519 out of Knoxville

Thanks sharpshooter. I will check it out. My business agent has a call into international right now about witch warehouses are union. I guess they have a person that handles all the sysco business. Just waiting for a reply. Been 2 weeks so trying to find out my self.

Sysco Harmony,PA(Pittsburgh) is union. They have drops yards in Fairmont/clarksburg,Wv, Morgantown,Wv, and Houston,PA. They are looking to hire two more driver in Houston,PA in January.

That would be great double r. West virginia is one of the states I would like to move to. My wife would be super excited. Her best friend from high school lives in Morgantown. January is a little to soon for me. Summer time would be better so I don't have to up root my kids in the middle of a school year. But I could atleast start talking to them so they know I will be avaliable come summer time.

That would be great double r. West virginia is one of the states I would like to move to. My wife would be super excited. Her best friend from high school lives in Morgantown. January is a little to soon for me. Summer time would be better so I don't have to up root my kids in the middle of a school year. But I could atleast start talking to them so they know I will be avaliable come summer time.

There is talk that my company is planning to have a yard in Morgantown around spring or so of next year. Right now our closest yard to Morgatown is Houston,PA, which is were I run out of. I run Morgantown twice a week. Oh, we are union also. And I don't work for Sysco, they are on the other side of the fence from us in Houston,PA, lol

I think just about any company is better then ours. LOL
Sometimes I agree my friend, I think you have enough posts to PM, you should send him a message and ask him who he works for, I don't want to post it out in the open, I know he is happy, that I do know!

He works for a better company than we do. And yes he is.

If it wasn't for them cameras ya'll have in the trucks, i would be on the other side of the fence. Sysco called me four times in three months earlier this year to work at the Houston,PA yard. :)

If it wasn't for them cameras ya'll have in the trucks, i would be on the other side of the fence. Sysco called me four times in three months earlier this year to work at the Houston,PA yard. :)

They do suck, my Cascadia is in the shop, I'm in an old 9100, I bet I set the camera off over 15 times Monday, its quite annoying!!

My tractor actually rides perrty nice even thow it is a pile of junk. There is 2 places on my routes that will set the camera off if I don't slow down. I run in the hills on twisty roads. There are a few 25mph turns that I take at 45 that some times sets the camera off. The 9100 series are horrible when it comes to the cameras.

Ya I drive an International. We just started getting the new freightshakers. I don't like them. They are uncomfertable and long. The 2 axles are almost as long as a 3 axle. On my routes I have a couple of stops that I can barly get in with my tractor let alone something longer.

They ride good though, don't set the camera off, my bad habits don't get found out!

Double R, I do remember you saying you like your fruitliner? We just got another 8600, I checked it out today, it is a filthy mess, I do love those trucks though.