XPO | Update on XCO

nobodyinparticular

TB Lurker
Credits
I am sorry to start yet another post on XCO, but I didn't want this to get lost in another thread. There is allot of interest in this. We have been collecting signatures for a week now. Doing well. We have allot of support at this stage. There are guys against it. Most because they are worried about Conways response. Management has been very hands off to this point. Allot of higher ups have been visiting allot more than usual wanting to talk about our concerns. We know they know, but they have not done anything to this point. It was finally confirmed to them last Thursday by a driver was started this and that it is not a rumor, but still been hands off. I received word yesterday that 5 additional terminals have made contact with our local and confirmed they are working with the teamsters. I will post updates here from time to time.

The guys against it are the ones who get along with other human beings, and they make over 90K and know this is an easy job, and don't want anything to interrup that.

You MIGHT just be surprised to find out how many 90K guys are behind this.

I knew that's what your response would be, and I don't doubt you at all. There are probably lots of them. But, when it comes down to it and they could take a chance of losing their jobs when it's crunch time, let's see how many are standing with you.. Im just saying. If i'm wrong, well i'm wrong.

I knew that's what your response would be, and I don't doubt you at all. There are probably lots of them. But, when it comes down to it and they could take a chance of losing their jobs when it's crunch time, let's see how many are standing with you.. Im just saying. If i'm wrong, well i'm wrong.

I think you and I can finally agree. They may not vote yes and we'll be fine with that. But since Tom Clark was here last Wednesday and told us flat out no raise and they are changing the rules for getting the 401k back, allot more guys here are coming around. We really do want to make it better here for everyone. I don't work where you do. We do know people from other terminals that feel the same way you and I do. Maybe you have it better than we do. I know how hard guys have to work to make 90k+. Even you have to admit that its not easy money. It takes allot of hours and miles to make that kind of money. I for one still love seeing my wife and kids and still have time to play with the grandkids when they come over. We all work hard, but even I admit the linehaul drivers work the hardest. They kill themselves every week trying to make good money. Its frustrating for them to work that hard and see more and more subservice coming and and taking the long linehaul runs. Now not only do they stay up all night and drive. But the mileage is shorter and when they get back they need to run some volume city pedals or start even earlier at night and work the outbound dock to make up the difference. Taking time away from their families. On top of that they are getting their retirement statements and seeing that all they are going to be getting for this is a monthly benefit that doesn't even equal 1 week of line haul pay. I made 65k last year. Yes, thats good money, but its about my benefits too. I pay $92 per week for health care that just 2 years ago cost me $7 per week. The only retirement that we get now is what we put in. I have to contribute more to make up for what the company doesn't contribute anymore. I don't want to work forever. I want to grow old and be one of these annoying people driving a Winnebago with the Good Sams Club sticker on the back whos running 45 MPH down the freeway. The way things are going thats never going to happen. I really sincerely hope that we do not mess things up for you or anyone else.

I think you and I can finally agree. They may not vote yes and we'll be fine with that. But since Tom Clark was here last Wednesday and told us flat out no raise and they are changing the rules for getting the 401k back, allot more guys here are coming around. We really do want to make it better here for everyone. I don't work where you do. We do know people from other terminals that feel the same way you and I do. Maybe you have it better than we do. I know how hard guys have to work to make 90k+. Even you have to admit that its not easy money. It takes allot of hours and miles to make that kind of money. I for one still love seeing my wife and kids and still have time to play with the grandkids when they come over. We all work hard, but even I admit the linehaul drivers work the hardest. They kill themselves every week trying to make good money. Its frustrating for them to work that hard and see more and more subservice coming and and taking the long linehaul runs. Now not only do they stay up all night and drive. But the mileage is shorter and when they get back they need to run some volume city pedals or start even earlier at night and work the outbound dock to make up the difference. Taking time away from their families. On top of that they are getting their retirement statements and seeing that all they are going to be getting for this is a monthly benefit that doesn't even equal 1 week of line haul pay. I made 65k last year. Yes, thats good money, but its about my benefits too. I pay $92 per week for health care that just 2 years ago cost me $7 per week. The only retirement that we get now is what we put in. I have to contribute more to make up for what the company doesn't contribute anymore. I don't want to work forever. I want to grow old and be one of these annoying people driving a Winnebago with the Good Sams Club sticker on the back whos running 45 MPH down the freeway. The way things are going thats never going to happen. I really sincerely hope that we do not mess things up for you or anyone else.

You pay way too much for health coverage..should've done some research and pay 10 dollars like i pay. health care reimbursment account paid by the company. it's great. I dont pay any out of pocket. And i dont want that messed with. And i'll say again, if there is no money for raise or 401 distributions and allow the company to remain profitable, your not going to get it. Where is the extra money going to come from?? Where are they going to get this extra moneyto pay for all this glorious stuff you seek with a labor union? If they were to re-instate the pension(which would be great), where is the money going to come from?

You pay way too much for health coverage..should've done some research and pay 10 dollars like i pay. health care reimbursment account paid by the company. it's great. I dont pay any out of pocket. And i dont want that messed with. And i'll say again, if there is no money for raise or 401 distributions and allow the company to remain profitable, your not going to get it. Where is the extra money going to come from?? Where are they going to get this extra moneyto pay for all this glorious stuff you seek with a labor union? If they were to re-instate the pension(which would be great), where is the money going to come from?

Look, I don't want to argue. So this will be it. I am not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine. Thats fine. Thats whats great about America. We can debate all day long. But i've got other things to do. I've got a wife whos on my back about the grass being to high. Plus its sunny out and I am dying to get the motorcycle on the road. We are not looking for a raise or to get anything back they took. We are trying to stop the company from taking anything else without asking us first. Thats all. We want to get the pension and health care that the teamsters offer. I know people are going to say the teamsters pension sucks. Fine, whatever. So does Conways retirement plan. No matter which way this goes I hope we can sit down and have a beer together. First round is on me.

Look, I don't want to argue. So this will be it. I am not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine. Thats fine. Thats whats great about America. We can debate all day long. But i've got other things to do. I've got a wife whos on my back about the grass being to high. Plus its sunny out and I am dying to get the motorcycle on the road. We are not looking for a raise or to get anything back they took. We are trying to stop the company from taking anything else without asking us first. Thats all. We want to get the pension and health care that the teamsters offer. I know people are going to say the teamsters pension sucks. Fine, whatever. So does Conways retirement plan. No matter which way this goes I hope we can sit down and have a beer together. First round is on me.

Maybe you should stop spending so much time at the local and get that grass mowed. sorry, had to say it. lol

oK, yeah, Obama beer summit.
One more thing, where do you think the money for the teamster retirement and medical comes from?

Raise of hands... How many drivers, supervisors and managers left after the pension was taken away...... The company has this pompus --you dont like it leave it swagger...who do you think you are to take what jerry detter made and totally screw it up....conway management you no better than zollars

I would like to hear more or tell me where to look for this $10.00 health insurance plan. I have never heard of it before. Not that it has anything to do with organizing . Thanks

Cab Lizzard said:
I would like to hear more or tell me where to look for this $10.00 health insurance plan. I have never heard of it before. Not that it has anything to do with organizing . Thanks

So would I.

So would I.

The Con-way fund plan mixed with the $5 + $5 discounts for tobacco and survey, or whatever it was.. I did research and with the number of dependents and everybody is healthy.. that fund plan was best for us..The company puts the money in there and if you don't use it it rolls over to next year. Anyway, my total for dental, medical, and vision came out to $10.50 week.
Most people just choose the premium plan just out of habit where you pay the co=pay or whatever. They used to be called HMO's, now it's called something else. IDK. I put the $80 or $90 a week into my roth IRA. The plan works for me and I'm just giving you the facts..I'm not telling anybody what to do..You do whatever your comfortable with..

One more thing, where do you think the money for the teamster retirement and medical comes from?

And if you do some research you'll find the teamsters are hurting. I personally know several teamsters who seriously think they won't get their retirement when the time comes. So many have companies have dropped out over the years they aren't having the level of money coming in.

Thats why more drivers need to organize or mabey truck drivers dont desirve high wages and a retirement

Yup, feeling kinda entitled here. Thinking I deserve a kick in the teeth, but times are tough so will settle for a kick in the arse. Won't have no teeth by then any-damn-how.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not tell us where the money for retirement and medical come from ?
I can already tell that anyone who has done their research like your self anosyone could also tell us just how the Teamsters are hurting too ? Did they stub their toe or have a bad reaction to an anti union propaganda meeting ? Are they having money troubles ? Tell us uneducated ones the truth please!!

And if you do some research you'll find the teamsters are hurting. I personally know several teamsters who seriously think they won't get their retirement when the time comes. So many have companies have dropped out over the years they aren't having the level of money coming in.

Is Con-way still 100% funded on their pension obligations? I read they were not in the last annual report. Maybe I misread and I am sure some of you already know with out wastng my time to go back through it. How are they different then the Teamsters? They used to brag about being 100% funded.