UPS trailer losing packages out rear NYCity area?

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
Just saw a bit of a video on NY TV Ch2 showing what looked like a UPS feeder TT on a local highway with his rear door up and dropping packages out the rear as he's going down the highway. Anyone else see this or know anything about it?

Just saw a bit of a video on NY TV Ch2 showing what looked like a UPS feeder TT on a local highway with his rear door up and dropping packages out the rear as he's going down the highway. Anyone else see this or know anything about it?

Trip, been thinking about this since you first posted it. I was saying to myself, how could that happen? They are the only Co. left that uses safety chains on their Roll Up doors, and I don't think any Barn door trailers could inadvertently open.

So I took notice the rest of the week, I saw 3 Feeders without their safety chains secured. Now, The supervisor that closes the door and seals it is responsible to put the chain on. But, just like with any of us, the Driver should have caught this mistake with his Pre-Trip. Seasonal Casuals, Newbies, who knows?

Trip, been thinking about this since you first posted it. I was saying to myself, how could that happen? They are the only Co. left that uses safety chains on their Roll Up doors, and I don't think any Barn door trailers could inadvertently open.

So I took notice the rest of the week, I saw 3 Feeders without their safety chains secured. Now, The supervisor that closes the door and seals it is responsible to put the chain on. But, just like with any of us, the Driver should have caught this mistake with his Pre-Trip. Seasonal Casuals, Newbies, who knows?

Maybe UPS was filming a TV commercial saying , "they are so busy their drivers do not have time to even close the door" ????

Maybe UPS was filming a TV commercial saying , "they are so busy their drivers do not have time to even close the door" ????

BRG that's what I like about these forums,...all the diverse input from deeper thinkers. I never think outside the box.
:smilies-19296:

After I read this post I did an internet search of all of the NYC news sites,& could not find any articles addressing this?
This is why I really wish whoever posts any crash news,or any news of this sort,would post a link to back it up.

Now I'm not saying any of you are not being truthful about anything you post here.
As I myself have seen local news items,& later could not find a single link to back up the earlier TV news report.

In all of my 15 years of Trucking board membership I have learned that not all news stays on the internet very long.
Often times it is due to possible pending law suits against the reporters,or stations for going public.

So Triplex I do appreciate your crash posts when you contribute to this forum,however in future posts please post a link,thank you.

Every now & then I have members PM me looking for something they saw or heard,& can't find anything.
They ask me to see if I can find it,sometimes I do,& will post in on this forum.
However more times I can't find anything & have to PM them back.

There is one more reason some internet news is taken down shortly after it goes on line.
I thought of this a little later,however big well known companies hate bad press.

Companies such as UPS,FedEx,& a few other large LTL companies are able to get any negative reports removed,from local area media.
So I'd think this may have been the case with this here Triplex post.

After I read this post I did an internet search of all of the NYC news sites,& could not find any articles addressing this?
This is why I really wish whoever posts any crash news,or any news of this sort,would post a link to back it up.

Now I'm not saying any of you are not being truthful about anything you post here.
As I myself have seen local news items,& later could not find a single link to back up the earlier TV news report.

In all of my 15 years of Trucking board membership I have learned that not all news stays on the internet very long.
Often times it is due to possible pending law suits against the reporters,or stations for going public.

So Triplex I do appreciate your crash posts when you contribute to this forum,however in future posts please post a link,thank you.

Every now & then I have members PM me looking for something they saw or heard,& can't find anything.
They ask me to see if I can find it,sometimes I do,& will post in on this forum.
However more times I can't find anything & have to PM them back.

Apostolic, I did an Internet search right after I saw the news segment on Ch. 2 but I found nothing otherwise I would have posted a link. I went to the Ch. 2 CBS web site of course also and there was no mention of it. I guess it was just a short video that someone got and they broadcast it and that was the end of it. I was a feeder driver for UPS a long time ago and it definitely was a UPS trailer in the video piece. As Sugarfoot mentioned there are safety chains on the doors. The only other possibility is that this driver had been making volume pickups and he forgot to close the door.

No one's perfect. ...but a pretrip might have caught it... I have had sealed doors that were not latched. ...you have to look to be sure.

We have cables on our trailers...

We are "Suposed to lock our trailers at all times. I always keep mine locked. I'm afraid one day i will forget to close the roll door and the pallet jack will fly out. Thats why i keep it locked

Well hay there Triplex,I retired from UPS Freight does that count?
I don't recall any of our old Overnite garage doors having any chains?
But they were latched & sealed,& I can never recall any of them coming open.

In the years that I drove local for Overnite, I underline what Apostolic just said.

In the years that I drove local for Overnite, I underline what Apostolic just said.

UPS (Parcel) trailers had the chain fittings where the twisters were used to secure the doors from possible theft when they were going on the rail. Down the line they put these connectors higher up the sides of the doors so they couldn't be tampered with at ground level.