FedEx Freight | US Express getting more runs?

chitownpeddler

TB Veteran
Credits
One of our road drivers is good friends with a US Express driver and the USX driver said they got a message over their qualcomm stating USX has been awarded 200 more loads per day for FXF.

Anyone hear this or know any USX drivers to see if we can confirm it?

One of our road drivers is good friends with a US Express driver and the USX driver said they got a message over their qualcomm stating USX has been awarded 200 more loads per day for FXF.

Anyone hear this or know any USX drivers to see if we can confirm it?

Well, from the looks of our yards, and from "the rumors" coming out of CA, I suspect it's true. Rumor has it that they are loading usx from SAC straight to SLM, POR, and other PNW yards. If thats true, West is really in for a hosing!:shift:

Well, from the looks of our yards, and from "the rumors" coming out of CA, I suspect it's true. Rumor has it that they are loading usx from SAC straight to SLM, POR, and other PNW yards. If thats true, West is really in for a hosing!:shift:

Wouldn't be surprised if they put in another set of gates in Sac just for all the PT drivers. That way the rest of us wouldn't hold up the important freight.

Wouldn't be surprised if they put in another set of gates in Sac just for all the PT drivers. That way the rest of us wouldn't hold up the important freight.

The way things are going, there won't be "the rest of us" anymore!

USX has dedicated runs from por to boise and back every night
also from LA basin to the PNW and back
SLC to various points and back

Just talked to a former FEDEX driver, and there is an add in the BSE paper for US EXpress team one drivers, with a $5,000 sign on bonus. Gee, Team One is the ones that hauls our freight. Imagine that!:TR10driving03:

yes it is true fedex signed a contract last month with USX to put on 200 more purchase vans a night in the system,here we go again more road runs lost,this is sad.

I know this has been beaten before,,,,,, but this "company" does not realize they are /can cutting their own ,,,,,, by treating Good Employees like expendable toilet paper....... "oh,,, there's more where that came from" ,,,,, but,,,,, its the cheap kind that gives you a rash over time........ THINK ABOUT THAT.....................

read the writing. these guys run shuttles in are region. they can haul all the freight. who cares who moves the freight as long as a fedex truck does the p/d. hopefully we can get jobs with usx when they provide all of the fedex linehaul.:TR10driving03:

This is the way LTL is going.
More and more truckload linehaul substitution.
Which is one of the reasons Conway bought CFI.

The taller-mile, big $$$ runs of yore are most likely on the block.
Shorter runs with dockwork involved will still be handled in-house.
Ditto for triples.

Heck, I even hear FedEx Ground is hauling some of our freight!

This is the way LTL is going.
More and more truckload linehaul substitution.
Which is one of the reasons Conway bought CFI.

The taller-mile, big $$$ runs of yore are most likely on the block.
Shorter runs with dockwork involved will still be handled in-house.
Ditto for triples.

Heck, I even hear FedEx Ground is hauling some of our freight!

that's true about fed ex ground, i believe that haul the freight to boston every night.

Ya-- I see more purchased loads every day- and more runs canceled every were.... even in the smaller centers they are getting purchased trailers .... I hope there will be jobs left for the top 30% road drivers that fedup has been taking care of for the last year during the depression----watch the f+++ out this next bid take any thing that will run consistant ----you thought last winter was bad watch the freek out for this winter ---If you are smart plan for the worst this fall f'n fedup will NOT take care of you ---I have applied all over time to move on---do what is best for you and your family---I hope the heck im wrong but this next aug. bid will tell all because fedup will not----our extra board last4 drivers workin 0-3 days a week and at dsm they will not let them work the dock those f 'n stupidvisiors ---goodbye fedup good luck to everyone that can hang on.....

Is this 200 new bids or did someone else lose the contract. The hub I work at gets about 10 pt's a day and I think only 1 or 2 is usexpress. We have alot of TLI trailers that come in. We only load out 1 and its a BARR NUNN.

AxisTrick :clap:

Sure seems that way.
Especially freight that is picked up on a Friday and
has to be there Monday morning.

:shift:

I asked about that when the change came about of not doing that like we used to. I was told by (the East then) that it would not be an issue. The customers would conform to our way (the East's) way of doing business. And if there was any special customers that absolutely had to have it there on Monday, we would do it, but it would cost them. Gotta love it!

Sorry to here what's going on. I guess there is no company safe from these otr companies wanting to come in and take over. I am sure there will come a day when all of Walmarts drivers will be replaced by USX or Werner drivers