US Foods Encourages More Women Truckers to Apply

working in the food service sector, is back breaking for us guys. i cannot see too many females applying any time too soon, and any that do, may leave rather quickly.

i go by a food service company each night on my way to work.

i have been at my place now for just over 1 year.

i have yet to see the "CDL DRIVERS WANTED" job ad come down on the front sign.....

You all would be surprised to know how many women there are doing this job, in foodservice and beverage. Women are very capable of throwing groceries, like anyone else, they have to have stamina, strength, and a good attitude. I swear, in this job, your outlook means everything.

We had a woman that worked for us in Buffalo, she seemed like she did the job fine. something happened, and she was suspended indefinetly. It was sort of shady, and a couple of the ass kissers had been stating things to the effect that "she doesn't need to be here". i think that she might have been set up by management, they try and do that to workers they don't like who are on probation.

btw, i know it sounds like i'm parnoid, but if you work at a teamsters represented US Foods barn, you know what i mean. they hate you and want you leave, unless you donate to the company by giving them your breaks (thats overtime folks, and its over 30 dollars a day). thats what the ass kissers do, they give away a few thousand dollars every year, so the bosses "like" them....

maybe they have better things to do. i'm a teamster sysco driver who is incentive based, and i give hours back every week because its a voluntary program. and btw, i'm not an ass kisser just a guy that wants to get home to his family.

I give up my breaks to but I'm not union. I just want to hurry up and get home. One bad thing about being hourly.

Breaks? Wha? Who gets THOSE? You're telling me you are supposed to get breaks?!

Hell yea you get breaks, and a lunch, and I take every dang one of them, I work dark to dark, the money is good and I don't have to rush around and be an ass to my customers, I'll stop and shoot the breeze with all of them, I hope if you guys get dip Stonecold, they don't butcher it like they did for us, thats why I make my money by the hour.

I ran by the hour and got paid for every stinkin' second I was in that truck working 10-16 hours a day. I didn't have to "give" the company free work and they didn't "give" me breaks.

I ran by the hour and got paid for every stinkin' second I was in that truck working 10-16 hours a day. I didn't have to "give" the company free work and they didn't "give" me breaks.

Not sure what your driving at but I get paid for every second too, but Sysco gives us paid breaks per contract, in other words, I can stop the truck at my discretion and sit un disturbed for 15-20 min,2 times per day depending on how many hours I'm working that day, I'm guessing you weren't union, if you were you would have breaks figured in, hell even Fedex gets a 10 min break per shift..LOL.

2 15 minute breaks and 30 minutes for lunch(unpaid and our choice if we take a lunch, most don't). The 2 breaks can be combined in the afternoon to make one 30 minute paid break.

Back to the topic:

We have a female driver working here. Oh wait, that's not a female? Oh, not yet but will be? Oh, ok, never mind, lol Hey Moneyman, I found you a girlfriend, lol

maybe they have better things to do. i'm a teamster sysco driver who is incentive based, and i give hours back every week because its a voluntary program. and btw, i'm not an ass kisser just a guy that wants to get home to his family.

from my understanding of incentive pay, i could be wrong, you dont actually give up anything if you don't take your breaks. since i am hourly, i would take a pay hit that would equal thousands of dollars a year. hence, the term, ass kisser. if you give up enough money to make a car payment to make the bosses happy with their numbers, shame on you...

??? you didn't get a lunch break? I'm in NY, its a state law here, you have to have a 30 minute minumum unpaid lunch break, within the 4th and 6th hours of your shift. your state doesn't have that on the books?

2 15 minute breaks and 30 minutes for lunch(unpaid and our choice if we take a lunch, most don't). The 2 breaks can be combined in the afternoon to make one 30 minute paid break.

Back to the topic:

We have a female driver working here. Oh wait, that's not a female? Oh, not yet but will be? Oh, ok, never mind, lol Hey Moneyman, I found you a girlfriend, lol

RR I'm kinda scared to meet this woman. Lol with how you described her. You sure it's a woman?

Not sure what your driving at but I get paid for every second too, but Sysco gives us paid breaks per contract, in other words, I can stop the truck at my discretion and sit un disturbed for 15-20 min,2 times per day depending on how many hours I'm working that day, I'm guessing you weren't union, if you were you would have breaks figured in, hell even Fedex gets a 10 min break per shift..LOL.

Union oilfield jobs PFFFFFTTTT, we already had OSHA slowin' us down.. didn't need a union jacking it around too. Besides, none of my pay went to union dues, and if I had to stop for a pee break or if I was ran just to hard and needed a 10 min power nap I could take that.. and again I wasn't paying someone else (union) for the privilege. ;)

??? you didn't get a lunch break? I'm in NY, its a state law here, you have to have a 30 minute minumum unpaid lunch break, within the 4th and 6th hours of your shift. your state doesn't have that on the books?

Well oilfield is exempted from several DOT rules, also trucking (nationally I believe, I may be wrong) is the only industry that doesn't have to pay over time pay. Any other type of job I worked breaks were never required except office jobs. I dunno, didn't matter anyway I wouldn't have wanted to squander 30 minutes of my day when they were so long anyway.

Kind of got off topic, I just was shocked you had to pay union dues so they could fight for break time that you didn't get paid for anyway and made your days longer... I am not a union fan.