US Foods Encourages More Women Truckers to Apply

Well oilfield is exempted from several DOT rules, also trucking (nationally I believe, I may be wrong) is the only industry that doesn't have to pay over time pay. Any other type of job I worked breaks were never required except office jobs. I dunno, didn't matter anyway I wouldn't have wanted to squander 30 minutes of my day when they were so long anyway.

Kind of got off topic, I just was shocked you had to pay union dues so they could fight for break time that you didn't get paid for anyway and made your days longer... I am not a union fan.

First of all, the company takes it out of our checks, so by taking it, we do get paid! :) Also, no one is a union fan, till they need one...we need one at Sysco, thank God for my union, I wouldn't work here if it were not for Local 523, this place would be a suck asses dream, and since I gotta look in the mirror every day I won't and can't do that!

W@H, good thing we don't live in the same house, I am very pro union, yet my lovely wife works at Wal-Mart, she tolerates me, I think you and me would be scrappin!!!

I hope sysco don't change are management. I like are management, you can go up there and bs with them, and they always pick on me lol. Plus if they ask you to do something and you do it you always get a thank you answer we appreciate your hard work. If there is a problem they don't come yelling at you. They come and talk to you like adults

Well oilfield is exempted from several DOT rules, also trucking (nationally I believe, I may be wrong) is the only industry that doesn't have to pay over time pay. Any other type of job I worked breaks were never required except office jobs. I dunno, didn't matter anyway I wouldn't have wanted to squander 30 minutes of my day when they were so long anyway.
taking all your breaks together at once will get you a decent nap if you know its going to be that long of a day. id rather not grind through that many hours without some time to stop humpin....

Kind of got off topic, I just was shocked you had to pay union dues so they could fight for break time that you didn't get paid for anyway and made your days longer... I am not a union fan.

I am sensing you dont understand unions very well, since i just stated that its a state labor law here that we have lunch breaks. I "have" to pay union dues to get the better end of the bargain with this company, as do most. people who don't pay dues usually roll over for their boss at every opportunity, hence the erosion of workers (truckers) working conditions.

I hope sysco don't change are management. I like are management, you can go up there and bs with them, and they always pick on me lol. Plus if they ask you to do something and you do it you always get a thank you answer we appreciate your hard work. If there is a problem they don't come yelling at you. They come and talk to you like adults

welcome to the end of that. you work for an international money machine, who doesn't care about you, get ready to yell and argue and stand against bs being thrown from every stupid angle. they will come up with all sorts of cute pc names for things, such as calling workers "industrial athletes", and they will start putting up "top performer" boards, to highlight the suck asses and make them feel like they are doing the right thing.

we have a performance board for "pre and post trip variance". guess what? since the sucks skip their pre and post trips, 0 minutes equals a perfect pre and post trip in managements eyes, and they are always top of the board on "variance"! you know what throws you off? when you actually have write ups, like bolts in tires, or lights that are burned out, or steering problems. then you are not a "performer".

just think, your family has to share the road with those "performers". scary, huh?

Truck drivers are one of the few that are exempt from overtime.