Holland | USF let me go....

charlestk

TB Lurker
Credits
I thought I was hired on a USF Reddaway so I quit JB. USF really did me dirty. First of all I already have a Hazmat endorsement, but for some reason the guy wanted me to take another test. After finally getting through that drama. I went with a trainer for one day. The next day the guy told me I was no longer needed because I the night before with the trainer I asked him if we were done? The trainer said yeah and I want home. The guy brought this up and also the fact that it took so long to complete the hazmat test which was about 100 questions. They knew I was coming from another company now I have no job and scrambling to find another. My wife is upset and there's mortgage and other bills to take care of. I am really frustrated about how USF treated me. Just needed to vent ! If you have any thoughts are know of a company hiring for local jobs it would be greatly appreciated to pass that info. on to me. Thanks

typical USF garbage.. sort of like the x-red star people, who might have worked for USF since the corporation was started, only to be told "you're not holland material" maybe the people who disagree with the"usf haters"will see your point.. goodluck with your next job..f usf.. there's plenty of compamies out there that will treat you better

Sounds like they found something wrong and needed an excuse to disqualify you. The trucking industry has a major shortage of drivers and vacations are just around the corner, my advice is hold out for a good union job. JB and all the trainer jobs will always be hiring... Good luck!

>..f usf..<
You said it yourself . ----You are not Holland material-----. You act like your the only one that ever got turned down for a job. I guess I should hate Big R,Yellow and New Penn for not hiring me too huh? All you ever have to add is your ignorant remarks.

>..f usf..<
You said it yourself . ----You are not Holland material-----. You act like your the only one that ever got turned down for a job. I guess I should hate Big R,Yellow and New Penn for not hiring me too huh? All you ever have to add is your ignorant remarks.

Hey.... your ignorant for posting a remark like that. I am not one to gripe about any kind of job since I know there is something better out there for me. Your right I'm not Holland material and have already found a job with another company.

>..f usf..<
He never said anything about Holland...it was Reddaway..You vented before you read his post...

He never said anything about Holland...it was Reddaway..You vented before you read his post...

DamnitRay I believe his post was referring to the one from Jeff S. being Ex-RedStar driver and he still blames Holland for everything that happens or goes on at USF (NOW YRCW).

I work for usf and they do pull stupid crap like that all the time, then they can't understand why they can't get anybody....

DamnitRay I believe his post was referring to the one from Jeff S. being Ex-RedStar driver and he still blames Holland for everything that happens or goes on at USF (NOW YRCW).

JimJoe-thank you. You are correct. The original poster I didn't quote. I have received registered mail on Xmas Eve before-you know the type &quot; Due to a personal background check you are no longer being considered for full time employment with Yellow Freight Systems&quot;. What am I going to do? Continue for the rest of my life hating Yellow? I guess I could. Some people on this forum continue their lives like that. It gets old after a while.

Hey.... your ignorant for posting a remark like that. I am not one to gripe about any kind of job since I know there is something better out there for me. Your right I'm not Holland material and have already found a job with another company.

If you have a clean MVR and work history....you can find a good driving job in WA...good luck and let us know what happens!.....KK

Gentlemen no one has to read anyone else's post. They are all opinions. One is just as entitled to his as the other is.
One mans treasure is another mans crap.

Yeah I too was one of the guys who wasn't good enough.Life does go on.My problem was they spent all that money on background checks, physcials ,Drug tests and that fancy test where they sent ya out for somekind of strength testing.After all that they believed some old Red Star supervisor who (for what ever reason) just wanted to play games I guess.Anyway I was good enough for Yellow and New Penn..I never blaimed Holland personally for the closing of Red Star ( hell , that was in the works for years) I know it was USF but I still do in a way blaim Holland for all the hiring games.They should have said from the very beginning they didn't want me.. It is good to be retired now and just be able to kick back.Some of my friends who did go to work at Holland said it is fairly good company to work for once you learn their way of working.

Not only was I not good enough for Holland, the TM completely ignored me TWICE when introduced to him. They can go KMA!

Wireman, it doesn't mean you're a winner. It probably means you're not an ex-employee of USF Red Star and your brown nose is stashed up the TM's butt.

nah, no brown noser here..plenty at my terminal....never made so much money in my life, never seen somebody throw it at you....but in your case take it from you.....lol..i feel bad for alot of you guys that lost everything when they closed up.....but guys like you i just sit back and say hey **** happens to the people with a chip on there shoulder but then again words are also words, never met a new yorker i liked anyway

DB your circumstances is a classic example of the good and the bad in a union. You stood up against the management by making them live by the contract. They didn't like abiding by the contract, so therefore they lodged your nature as being stern (I base that in reference only by reading your posts for 3 years) as a get ya later tool. I blame your local totally. When CF went out, Holland was forced to hire men they knew were problems. But to our locals credit, they stood up for these men. By the way, all approved applicant's get physical's and stress test. GRIZZ