FedEx Freight | Vacation denied

I'l have to go with Franklin on something he has pointed out on one of his long winded threads .... why did we destroy our infrastructure with the layoffs ... and then turn around 3 months later and go after freight ..... don't get me wrong here ..I like the work .. but really ?

Also SwampRatt makes a good point ...#1 Take care of our people .... and #3 Honor our commitments

:shift:

I prefer to think of them as complete rather than long winded. But you agree with me so I'll let you have that. :biglaugh:

You know I just don't understand we have so many geniuses here who know how to run a company why don't you all ban together and start your own company and put FED-EX out business. I guarantee with your work ethic not one of you would make it a year even if you had the backing from the bank of Germany. You are an "at will employee" any time you don't want to work your are free to move on or be fired. Yes times are hard and there are many who would kill for your job. And by the same token there are some who realize that this may be the last best job in the nation and also know we are well taken care of. You ***** when there is no work, you ***** when there is work. When it's nice out you don't want to work, when it snows you call in sick. You have no pride in your job and you have no pride in your self. I also have my days when I wonder what the hell is going on in this world but if you can find one post where I say this company is out of controll and mistreat the work force I'll take it all back. In the mean time if you don't like the way they run the company move on. Put up or shut up so to speak. I'll bet not one of you are going to the Good Will nor the Salvation Army for to get your kids Christmas this year or any other darn year for that matter. Again I'll say it "IF YOUR NOT HAPPY HERE MOVE ON"! I'd bet with loyalty you show you have more than one marriage or working on screwing up the first one. Every Man Jack of you should read more Louis L'Amour"s books, Man up and ride for the brand. You are all a bunch of spoiled brats who cry when the can't find a way to cheat the vidio games you play when you are not whinning. Jeff do what you will with this post but I'm fed up with this group of brats. MAX

...I guarantee with your work ethic not one of you would make it a year even if you had the backing from the bank of Germany...

...You have no pride in your job and you have no pride in your self...

...I'm fed up with this group of brats. MAX

You've come to these conclusions, based on the fact that most of us expect the company to honor the commitments they made to us?

The fact that I expect the weeks I'm scheduled off to be honored tells you NOTHING about my work ethic. :wacko:

We do whatever the Co. asks for 48-50 weeks out of the year, many giving 100% or more. Now, according to your "moral calculator", I'm selfish and lack pride in job and self if I expect the quality family time that I've earned and has already been approved. :Rulz:

Sounds like you live your life on a one way street.

You can live yor life for the Company and ONLY the company if you wish. But don't tell me what my priorities should be. :nono:

You know I just don't understand we have so many geniuses here who know how to run a company why don't you all ban together and start your own company and put FED-EX out business. I guarantee with your work ethic not one of you would make it a year even if you had the backing from the bank of Germany. You are an "at will employee" any time you don't want to work your are free to move on or be fired. Yes times are hard and there are many who would kill for your job. And by the same token there are some who realize that this may be the last best job in the nation and also know we are well taken care of. You ***** when there is no work, you ***** when there is work. When it's nice out you don't want to work, when it snows you call in sick. You have no pride in your job and you have no pride in your self. I also have my days when I wonder what the hell is going on in this world but if you can find one post where I say this company is out of controll and mistreat the work force I'll take it all back. In the mean time if you don't like the way they run the company move on. Put up or shut up so to speak. I'll bet not one of you are going to the Good Will nor the Salvation Army for to get your kids Christmas this year or any other darn year for that matter. Again I'll say it "IF YOUR NOT HAPPY HERE MOVE ON"! I'd bet with loyalty you show you have more than one marriage or working on screwing up the first one. Every Man Jack of you should read more Louis L'Amour"s books, Man up and ride for the brand. You are all a bunch of spoiled brats who cry when the can't find a way to cheat the vidio games you play when you are not whinning. Jeff do what you will with this post but I'm fed up with this group of brats. MAX
Well ... I have ran my own trucking company .... made the error of pricing it one day ... got a check stuck in my hand .... stood by my word .. and sold it ... didn't want to ..but I did ...Is that man up enough for you ...

I read a lot ...2 or 3 books a week (large print) mostly westerns ... I guess you don't ... If you have read Louis L'Amour much ... his books after a few are all the same.

Ride for the brand .... I do ... I'm proud of where I work, and do the best I can for us .....but ... I have never been a yes man ... yes I get into hot water because of it sometimes ... SO WHAT ... I guess its the JARHEAD in me ... life goes on ...

:1036316054:

chill out some ....

You've come to these conclusions, based on the fact that most of us expect the company to honor the commitments they made to us?

The fact that I expect the weeks I'm scheduled off to be honored tells you NOTHING about my work ethic. :wacko:

We do whatever the Co. asks for 48-50 weeks out of the year, many giving 100% or more. Now, according to your "moral calculator", I'm selfish and lack pride in job and self if I expect the quality family time that I've earned and has already been approved. :Rulz:

Sounds like you live your life on a one way street.

You can live yor life for the Company and ONLY the company if you wish. But don't tell me what my priorities should be. :nono:

Well said Swampratt !!!!:clap:

WOW you have alot to say.You mean a company with about 30 lawsuits against them for labor laws being broke .No they dont take care of there people.The minute garrison became cold there was no more taking care of the people they do what is needed to keep a certain organization out.they did not have to stop the 401k,our raise and our bonus away. the company still was profiting.they then they try to tell us there taking a 20%pay cut well big deal when there money is in the market and there bonus.OH yea you mean t5he company that is forcing us to work new years eve and take us away from our families or lose money put out towards a gathering and only gave us 2 weeks notice tell your propaganda bs to someone else.and no we will not go get another job just make yours more miserable.

WOW you have alot to say.You mean a company with about 30 lawsuits against them for labor laws being broke .No they dont take care of there people.The minute garrison became cold there was no more taking care of the people they do what is needed to keep a certain organization out.they did not have to stop the 401k,our raise and our bonus away. the company still was profiting. then they try to tell us there taking a 20%pay cut, well big deal when there money is in the market and they bonus.OH yea you mean the company that is forcing us to work new years eve and take us away from our families or lose money put out towards a gathering and only gave us 2 weeks notice tell your propaganda bs to someone else.and no we will not go get another job just make yours more miserable.

/

You don't know anything about me.

Loyalty? Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to be loyal to a company that seeks out people it doesn't like and manufactures reasons to fire someone? A company that lies to get it done? Give me a break.

And by taking the company to task over being stupid and shortsighted, I cheat on my wife and have been divorced? Are you a loon?

I've never said I know how to run a trucking company. I DO know how to treat employees though, and the FedEx way isn't it. You may be able to swallow the crap they feed you without throwing up, but I can't.

But I don't expect you to buy any of this. Just go online and Google "FedEx lawsuits".

OH yea you mean the company that is forcing us to work new years eve and take us away from our families

I'm sure those responsible for making us work New Years Eve will be enjoying their parties with their families.

And I'm sure their thoughts will be with all of us that will be working and not with our families because of their decision.

In fact, they'll probably raise a toast in our honor.

NOT! :nutkick:

Vacations are an earned benefit, with a specific process in place for scheduling them. Employees are obligated to follow the procedure as well as the company.

I'd like to throw out a slightly off-center (rather than off-topic) question out there for you all. When your center bids job class vacations by seniority are you allowed to bid all your weeks right off the bat or just two weeks the first round? The "policy" is not at all clear......consequently subject to interpretation......

Vacations are an earned benefit, with a specific process in place for scheduling them. Employees are obligated to follow the procedure as well as the company.

I'd like to throw out a slightly off-center (rather than off-topic) question out there for you all. When your center bids job class vacations by seniority are you allowed to bid all your weeks right off the bat or just two weeks the first round? The "policy" is not at all clear......consequently subject to interpretation......

all the weeks on the first round if you want to ... there are some weeks that you can only bid a week ... reread the rules .. its pretty clear ... if you have 4 weeks ... bid them ...

i guess if your satisfied with that i know i wouldnt.as long as you still have the form or a copy i would call hr that is there problem they havent hired up for this.

Don't look for justice with HR....they toe the company line. They are company stooges...::shit::

Loyalty? Are you kidding me? I'm supposed to be loyal to a company that seeks out people it doesn't like and manufactures reasons to fire someone? A company that lies to get it done? Give me a break.

Jeez...if it's that bad, then why do you still come to work?
Anyone with a hint of self-respect wouldn't put up with being treated so poorly.

Heck, there's plenty of over-the-road companies hiring now.
Any of which would love to employ a driver of your caliber.

With your experience, you could easily top-out at .35 cpm in a few years.
Just don't count on getting home for the holidays...or at all for that matter.
And forget all that overtime after 8/40 you get at the evil FedEx.
$100.00/wk family insurance co-pay would suit you just fine....a drop in the bucket with all the miles you'd be rolling down the Highpay Highway.

I say Conway r Noway,we don't have much choice unless yrc hold's up!What we will down to 42 cent's with r without i believe the union has set a guideline ,ask Wal-mart,shut up&drive,okiedokie.