XPO | Vacation time

Thank you Box Boss for picking up on that. You're absolutely right, someone has hosed me. That is as politely as I can put it. I have other words for it but can not use them here.
The company thinks otherwise. They say the sixteen years spent working for CCX means nothing. They did not ask me to move to UPH and therefor I'm not worthy to receive the five weeks of vacation that every other 20 year individual gets. So yes, I'm getting hosed in my worthless opinion:1036316054:

Hey, don't feel too bad, CSW/CSE have been getting it in the butt for a while now.

First less per hour.
Second had different dress codes
Third the pay raises are in Oct which is like the rest of the company in the area of coming once a year BUT... it's right before the holidays (less pay to begin with due to holiday pay) and the raise doesn't really cover this. Then it comes right before the new year which ushers in.... the pay raise on the insurance!

So it's pretty much cancelled out within a month of getting it....oops, poor choice of words... :hide:

All previous year's raise is cancelled out by the January raising of the insurance but everyone but CSE part gets their raise either at the same time or within a few months. CSE doesn't get the raise until nearly the end.

If I'm missing something here, let me know?

Boxboss, what a typical company response. Personally, I was ok with what happened until they merged the components and started letting everyone do what I did and give them exactly what I was denied. I've never asked for anything more then what every employee receives now.

Let me pose this thought to you. Why should I care anymore? Why should I do my best. take time to help the new guy, get that extra shipment? Why should I do anything more than the bare minimum to get by?

Two weeks the company put up posters at every terminal in the country talking about doing the right thing and having integrity in every aspect of our work day. I assure you that I practice this idea every day but I question the integrity of this company. They are using a very sharp pencil and outdated thinking to steal from me.

Boxboss, what a typical company response. Personally, I was ok with what happened until they merged the components and started letting everyone do what I did and give them exactly what I was denied. I've never asked for anything more then what every employee receives now.

Let me pose this thought to you. Why should I care anymore? Why should I do my best. take time to help the new guy, get that extra shipment? Why should I do anything more than the bare minimum to get by?

Two weeks the company put up posters at every terminal in the country talking about doing the right thing and having integrity in every aspect of our work day. I assure you that I practice this idea every day but I question the integrity of this company. They are using a very sharp pencil and outdated thinking to steal from me.

1. You never know who you will work for down the line
2. Something could change at the last minute
3. Because deep inside, you want to be better than that.

That's a pretty good response, for simplicity sake...But Waterskier, you moved 4 years ago when the rules were different, and you knew then what the rules were, and you did it anyway...You must have had some pretty strong motivation to make the move, right..??
And it is hard to penalize the person who has waited to make a move or waited for the rules to change perhaps..
I hated the old rules, but there were so many people abusing the system that they had to make a stand..

Yea, I think I had a good enough reason. I wanted to be with my wife. Seems silly now but at the time I felt it was the right thing to do. Now, I don't understand your train of thought. Who was abusing what system and why did they have to make a stand. I didn't do anything more four years ago then what everyone is allowed to do today. I'm not asking for anything more or less then what these employees are receiving now.

Come on Boxboss. I felt like i was close to learning something from you and now you don't want to play. Hope your day was ok, otherwise I know you would respond.

Apologies...It has been a very busy 3 days, and I have not been able to participate like I like to, but the dust is settling now and I am catching up...

The old rule about transferring, or jumping components, was created because of people transferring multiple times in a year, requesting transfers, having them granted, then backing out, creating administrative nightmares, and so on..I think the rule of having to quit to be rehired at another component was an extreme reaction to that, but it was the rule they placed on everyone...
Your wife must be one helluva woman, and you are a lucky man...Not sure of the circumstances surrounding how you got seperated to begin with, but it sounds like you are much happier because of it...
The company has unified now, and has been able to make some changes in the rule, and I do understand your angst, hell, I would probably feel the same way...But it sounds as if it was worth it for you..

No, it really wasn't, but it's what i'm left with. Again, can you tell me why I should give my all for a company that I believe in my heart is stealing from me. John L said it would be detrimental to certain employees. The only one I see it hurting is con-ways' pocket book. You should have had the poster up about integrity and doing the right thing. We help the ones who serve in the military (God bless them and us for doing it). We are helping the ones that are being displaced. Why can't we find a way to give every employee the same benefits for the same years of service.

Giving your all is a personal choice, and if you can't, perhaps you should look to work somewhere you can feel that trust again...after all, as you said, you have very little to throw away now...wouldn't be much to give up to feel better about things again..
Let me reiterate, if it were me, I may feel exactly the way you do...And I would have to make that personal choice for myself...I don't get to make the rules, but I have to decide to accept them when I work for them..

Well, you don't seem to want to tell me and since this is certainly an opinionated thread, I'll give you mine. The reason myself and the others that quit and rehired won't get their benefits is not because of the money. It's because con-way gets nothing in return. We'll help those that serve. Got great coverage on Sixty Minutes on Sunday. Guess how many people told me this week what a great company I work for. Bull ----. We paid for exposure. Where else could we spend $500,000 and get that kink of publicity. How much does the truck cost us and nobody asks about it. Why do we help the ones that are being displaced. Just look at the posts on this site since it was announced. Everybody says what a good company you have there, they take care of their own even when they have to lay someone off. How many drivers do you think we'll be able to hire on account of this. You've said it yourself. We used to be albe to hire five and get one good one. Now we hire 15 or 20 to get just one to stay on. You give me my vacation and you get nothing in return. nobody will talk about it. NO air time. No free advertising. not anything. It would cost this company next to nothing for these benefits but ya get nothing in return!

Ok Boxboss, it's getting late. We aren't smart enough to change our clocks in Arizona. I have a busy weekend planned.
Thur. work as little as possible and sprints at Manzy
Fri. off work PIR all day and sprints at Manzy
Sat PIR all day
Sun. PIR all day
Mon. work as little as possible and Monday nite football

I think that Longtimeltl can tell you about how much beer I may possibly consume over the next five days. Talk to ya on Tuesday

You are an angry person, and the only correct answer for you is to get everything you want, and that is out of my realm of authority, so I wish you luck....be careful with the drinking, stay safe..

I understand your frustration but I have to agree with Boxboss on this. It would be like buying a car 5 years ago and then seeing the newer version today and going to the dealer and saying "hey, the people buying this car today are getting cd players & GPS with their car at no extra charge but I had to pay extra for it 5 years ago, I want a new car or at least to be reimbursed for what I had to buy back then! You and everyone that wanted to transfer knew at the time what the consequences would be. I myself thought about doing the same thing on a number of occasions but decided that it wasn't worth it. A number of guys I worked with did the same thing you did and they to have had to start over. I wish there was a policy in place where you could transfer one time without losing anything, seniority, pay ,vacation, etc.. but until that happens I will stay where I'm at. Have a great time at the races and have a 12 pack for me.

Or maybe it's like we bought a car five years ago that didn't have any brakes or steering wheel because the company said it wasn't an option but we paid for it anyway. But now they say a steering wheel and brakes, people might want those as an option if we want them to continue to buy our product. But I'm sorry those of you who bought the old model without and paid for it are doing ok without them so tough luck.

You just said it.....You paid for it anyway, even though you knew....

Hope PIR is a good time, I love that place....one of these times, I am going to go there and do the hill just for the hell of it...Is John V. and other UPH guys there this weekend in the infield with their RVs..??

Boxboss, you are such a company individual it's not funny. Your just not going to cut me a break on this at all are you? I don't think John V. is there but I did see some people last nite at the truck race. Customer gave me new #70 Johnny Sauter, Fleetpride, Yellow Freight hat on Wed that I was wearing when VP Jim G showed up. He didn't seem real thrilled with it, but still took my hand in freindship. It was the only hat in my car and I still had to go to Manzy. Stayed for fifty laps at PIR. Listened to Colin on the head set. God what an inexperienced young racer he is. Heard he finally wrecked the truck (again). 51 360 non wing on the one/third mile on thursday. Friday was the same 360 show plus 64 410 cars on the big half mile. Talk about a great nite of racing. Carl Edwards won the show for the Busch race. Was the class of the field all day. Found a new Greek reastaurant tonite on the way home. Great food and a good IPA beer. All is well here so far. Much more beer to drink.

So, you transferred a while back when the rules were different than they are today? If the rules as they exist today were in place when you moved, would that be enough to make you happy? Would that be the difference in your motivation to "Do the extra", "Get one more shipment", be (as we called it when I was on active duty) "High Speed, and Low Drag"?????? That one thing, would change you entirely from where you are today, into someone pressing BoxBoss for his position? Would that single change in the company's policies, completely transform your opinion on where we are as a company, and where we need to go????

Really?????