XPO | Vacation time

Ahhhhh....so you only have 4 years, a victim of the old move policy...yeah, that sucks, but you knew it before you moved, yes..??

I believe I sympathized with your situation in that post, and that's the best I can do for "cutting you a break" on the issue...I wish it were different, but I wish alot of things were different...I am indeed such a company guy, and very proud of it..It doesn't necessarily mean I agree with every decision, every policy, every vision...But they do pay my salary, and I have a responsibility to support their objectives, and I do...
You are right about Colin, he is young and it is his first time around the circuit so it is all new...He caught a side draft the other night on the inside and hit the inside wall pretty hard...he will be much improved next year, but it has been hard to watch this year..

vacation

I never heard of 6 weeks either you get 5 weeks after 20 years plus 5 pto days unless they changed something Ididnt hear about I only been here 25 years so im still learnen

Do you realize the price we had to pay. First we had to quit or old job without knowing or any guarantee we would be rehired at the new component. And yes there were some who were not rehired, just left out. Rehired as a new hire. Bottom of the board, bottom pay scale (I'm still not back to what I made when I left), ninety days with no health insurance, extra board all over again and no vacation. Now add in the ten or eleven weeks of vacation I didn't get and had to work instead of time with my family. ICP is based on percentage of base pay. Ours was and still is lower. Retirement is based off of percentage of base pay. Ours is lower. Yes I would say we've payed for it, but I'm not asking for reimbursement. All I'm asking is to be treated fairly and equally from this point forward. If on 1-1-09 they said every persons vacation is based off of original hire this would make me happy. But it's not really about being happy, it's about equallity. Every employee receives this now at no cost, just because we are now one big happy family instead of three.
Will this change my position about where we are as a company or where we need to go. No need to. We have a great company. We have a great product, are well led, are well respected and we do a great job. I just want to be respected and compensated for the job I do and the time I've spent doing it. Just like everyone else. Do you realize our original hire date doesn't even count for lay offs. If this economy continues this downward trend there are about 60 drivers that would keep on working after I was economically terminated all of which have less time with the company than I do.
But hey, enough of this crap. We saw a good race today. Froze our arses off but survived. Got my own special American Red Cross blood donor t-shirt signed by the Biff. My guy finished top ten. All in all not a bad day.