XPO | vacation

[quote author=radman link=topic=78906.msg819601#msg819601 date=1270496594]
No matter how you slice it, dice it, or mix it up. Every single one of us got robbed of a years vacation. There is no way to justify it. Its WRONG!!!! Period,point, blank WTF!!! What are you going to do about it though???? Not much any of us can do except make a decision, show up to work today or not. As for myself, I guess I am going to suit up and show up.
[/quote]

Yes, we worked a whole year in the "vacation limbo", and it does suck. Those were days I had plans for in a few years. Gone now like other hopes and dreams.

[quote author=upnorth link=topic=78906.msg819652#msg819652 date=1270514046]
I can confirm that it was in the plans to include us canadians in the new vacation policy... but our federal laws wouldn't allow it. They consulted with the canadian lawyers, and it is a no go. Should not open up a can of worms, it's just our laws are a wee bit different than yours, that's all.
[/quote]

Yeah, that is just like you Kanooks to be different. :iamnotworthy:

[quote author=bigfoot077 link=topic=78906.msg819772#msg819772 date=1270577574]

[/quote]

We r speshul, just like Jerry's kids... :hyper:

[quote author=Dude-PWB- link=topic=78906.msg819871#msg819871 date=1270605573]
[quote author=bigfoot077 link=topic=78906.msg819772#msg819772 date=1270577574]

[/quote]

We r speshul, just like Jerry's kids... :hyper:
[/quote]
If we were still Jerry's Kids we wouldn't be having half of the discussions that we are , here on the Boards.

[quote author=gunner1119 link=topic=78906.msg821068#msg821068 date=1271026537]
If we were still Jerry's Kids we wouldn't be having half of the discussions that we are , here on the Boards.
[/quote]

Haha, well played my friend. :thumbsup:

Or Palazzo, or even D. MaC...those were the days. Dick and his wife even sat and had breakfast with my wife and I at the CCX-TDC one year. I gained alot of respect for him after that.

[quote author=Dude-PWB- link=topic=78906.msg821321#msg821321 date=1271124727]
[quote author=gunner1119 link=topic=78906.msg821068#msg821068 date=1271026537]
[/quote]

Haha, well played my friend. :thumbsup:

Or Palazzo, or even D. MaC...those were the days. Dick and his wife even sat and had breakfast with my wife and I at the CCX-TDC one year. I gained alot of respect for him after that.
[/quote]

Now you have Johnnie....

I doubt breakfast is on the agenda....

Unless it is a prelude to announce another 'enhancement'...

You know the ones I talk about..."Just gotta be our own bank lest we die"...

Pathetic stupidity...without insight or plans for the future when things turned around...as they have.

Numbnuts was caught unawares...

Given the mindset of this genious...I am not surprised...

And guess who pays the price?...and gets the blame?....

Rat

No matter how you slice it, dice it, or mix it up. Every single one of us got robbed of a years vacation. There is no way to justify it. Its WRONG!!!! Period,point, blank WTF!!! What are you going to do about it though???? Not much any of us can do except make a decision, show up to work today or not. As for myself, I guess I am going to suit up and show up.
[/quote]

As we all do.

But one day that will change.

If Johnnie is good for nothing else...he is good for BS...

Standing on the video platform singing the same ole song and dance....takebacks....

If he thought it convenient more would be coming.

Morale is at a all time low...recognized or not.

The company doesn't care...they are of the opinion we can be replaced by any number of laid off drivers...

I say "go for it"...I am tired of the BS.

Let some newbie who doesn't care about anything but their paycheck take over....

Then let me know how well you're re-engineering worked...the workforce reductions worked...the closure of multitudes of facilities worked...

These idiots are going to 'enhance' themselves out of business...due to the fact they are too ignorant to recognize the trends of the industry.

Too little...too late...

Game over.

If we continue under the current management scheme...it will over in less than five years...

Due to lack of vision and the reluctance to be leaders instead of followers...which Johnnie is one.

Rat

[quote author=Rat link=topic=78906.msg821345#msg821345 date=1271129341]
[/quote]

As we all do.

But one day that will change.

If Johnnie is good for nothing else...he is good for BS...

Standing on the video platform singing the same ole song and dance....takebacks....

If he thought it convenient more would be coming.

Morale is at a all time low...recognized or not.

The company doesn't care...they are of the opinion we can be replaced by any number of laid off drivers...

I say "go for it"...I am tired of the BS.

Let some newbie who doesn't care about anything but their paycheck take over....

Then let me know how well you're re-engineering worked...the workforce reductions worked...the closure of multitudes of facilities worked...

These idiots are going to 'enhance' themselves out of business...due to the fact they are too ignorant to recognize the trends of the industry.

Too little...too late...

Game over.

If we continue under the current management scheme...it will over in less than five years...

Due to the lack of vision and the reluctance to be leaders instead of followers...which Johnnie is one.

Rat
[/quote]

In a nutshell, the company took from those with the most experience and longevity. I've seen my future retirement income diminish to a fraction of past projections. Upon retirement, I'll be cheated of vacation time. Don't get me wrong, I value my job and like what I do but, I'm no longer feeling a sense of security promised to me when hired....

Ridge

Been a while since this pain in the butt subject has been talked about but here's were I'm at. As of pay date 01/05/2010 my pay stub states at that bottom "PTO HRS" 0, "VAC HRS" 48, "OPT HRS" 0, "SICK HRS" 0. Then pay date 01/12/2010 All that it shows on the bottom is, "PTO HRS" Start balance: 48.000: Accrued: 30.000: Taken: 8.000: End balance: 70.000. I'm going to assume that since my seniority date is in July that's were the 30 hrs came for and as for the 8 hrs I did take a sick day. Now on pay date 04/13/2010 On the bottom "PTO HRS" Start Balance: 70.000: Accrued: 0.989: End Balance: 70.989. Then Pay Date 04/20/2010 Start Balance: 70.989; Accrued: 2.308; End Balance: 73,297. What I'm noticing is 2.308 Hrs for each week. I've only been here 6 years so I only had 2 weeks vac. and 5 days PTO for a total of 15 days or 120 hrs. I'm guessing if you're at 3 weeks vac. and 1 week PTO you are at 160 hrs or 3.077 hrs a week toward vac. I mean PTO. :kicking: Wooh, I'm dizzy. Good night, I got to go take an asprin.

[quote author=Rat link=topic=78906.msg818747#msg818747 date=1270256689]
The only thing about that is that we weren't earning any vacation time from April '09 to April '10. They didn't steal any vacation time, they just didn't credit us with any vacation for a whole year. They didn't take it, they just didn't give it. :busted:

Time for a re-hash. eh?...

OK...I'll play.

The one and only reason the vacation policy was changed was so the company could alleviate its responsibility to those individuals who in the course of their years of service had accrued vacation time...often 4 plus weeks...and after a period of time those individuals will choose to retire.

In the annals of the Ghost of Con-Way Past...not so long ago...when the contributions and dedication of long term employees was honored and recognized...people retired...just as they do now. However, back in the day, when integrity was more than just a 'catch word' this company honored the above mentioned folks as they retired...common practice...wait until the first of the year...take your EARNED vacation...and then collect your PENSION...and whatever other instruments of income they had ascribed to during their retirement planning years and enjoy what they had EARNED.

Under this new and wonderful regime...that practice is no more. Retirees be damned...this fine outstanding place of employment in their constant quest for excellence has decided that the qualities mentioned earlier in this post regarding the people of time mean nothing. Commitment, service, work ethic and dedication are qualities that are now demanded rather than sought after and appreciated. Fail in any one othe areas and you will at best LOI'd and at worst terminated.

Of course this should not come as a surprise to anyone. I have witnessed thousands of employees upended per edict of President "L"...many good hard working people simply eco-termed...which looks good on the spreadsheet...and the "Doug" is pleased...and can once again give a positive report to the BOD. More bonuses...more stock options...more perks...paid for by the loss of job continuity and peace of mind of any given family at any given time that falls under the umbrella of this company and its highly esteemed core values.

The 'L" came to our barn and made the mind numbing statement..."this is how most companies are now handling their vacation policies".

Would someone please name some of these companies?...I have never experienced nor heard of this policy until now.

So there you have it...and as Bigfoot so eloquently put it..."they didn't take it they just didn't give it"...

On a side note...for all the Kool-Aid drinkers who have carte blanche swallowed the swill so freely and unabashedly peddled by this company...spare me the calculations on how the vacations are tabulated and accrued...its insulting and assinine...nobody of any intelligence is buying it.

Let re-hash some more...shall we?....

Just a short year has past since we were subjected to the diatribe of how we were going to survive.

OMG!...the sky is falling!...the world of LTL is at an end!...Armegeddon is just around the corner!...

Sooo!...boys and girls...we have to cut your pay...eliminate any futher contributions to the pension fund...suspend matching contributions to your 401k plan...jack up your insurance premiums (which wiped out the 2.6% return of your wages) and bastardize your vacation benefit.

The "L" made the statement of how the lending institutions were not of a mindset to loan monies to companies that needed them...only to those that needed it to survive to pay existing loans.

What a crock!...

We just had to be our own bank!...which would be funded by the takebacks...

Since then...

We have followed Colin Braun into the Nationwide Series of Nascar and declared a ROI of triple the Truck Series before the boy ever turned a wheel on the Ford...

Found the money to purchase 1500(?) new Cascadias...

Found the money to finally implement the scanner program...

Found the money to equip the pups with the e-track system...

All the while turning in dismal numbers every quarter...most certainly not generating enough revenue to fund all these endeavors...

And lest we forget...the 'variable pay' program...which has already been declared to be inferior to the ICP program where specific percentages of monies were set aside for the payout...

Now it is all about profit...and manipulation of the numbers...

Some is either lying...or has absolutely no understanding of what they are doing...and are winging it from day to day...bluffing their way through...hoping for a positive outcome.

I am of the belief it is the latter.

Rat
[/quote]I love you.

[quote author=pokyjoe48 link=topic=78906.msg831311#msg831311 date=1274323031]
Been a while since this pain in the butt subject has been talked about but here's were I'm at. As of pay date 01/05/2010 my pay stub states at that bottom "PTO HRS" 0, "VAC HRS" 48, "OPT HRS" 0, "SICK HRS" 0. Then pay date 01/12/2010 All that it shows on the bottom is, "PTO HRS" Start balance: 48.000: Accrued: 30.000: Taken: 8.000: End balance: 70.000. I'm going to assume that since my seniority date is in July that's were the 30 hrs came for and as for the 8 hrs I did take a sick day. Now on pay date 04/13/2010 On the bottom "PTO HRS" Start Balance: 70.000: Accrued: 0.989: End Balance: 70.989. Then Pay Date 04/20/2010 Start Balance: 70.989; Accrued: 2.308; End Balance: 73,297. What I'm noticing is 2.308 Hrs for each week. I've only been here 6 years so I only had 2 weeks vac. and 5 days PTO for a total of 15 days or 120 hrs. I'm guessing if you're at 3 weeks vac. and 1 week PTO you are at 160 hrs or 3.077 hrs a week toward vac. I mean PTO. :kicking: Wooh, I'm dizzy. Good night, I got to go take an asprin.
[/quote]
But..then..what about the...I mean the........OK, what was that second part again?