Yellow | Velocity, Week 2

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
Well tonight starts the second week of the velocity change. Wonder if any of the bugs have been worked out? Let's post this weeks velocity news in this thread. DS.

For us at 120, we have more freight then I have seen in about 4yrs. Picking up alot of 123 freight and 135. City has been very busy.

"Around the Bay' in a day Philly has been a hot sell for us with this. Hey Stroud120
are they running New England freight thru you guyz. Picked up alot of CT, RI, MA & ME last couple of days was wondering how they're routing it from VA.

DS we should see how it goes Tues morning as the dock will indicate, whew 100 degrees tomorrow might need a road unit LOL

here at 211 it's fubar, new dock lay out on sunday (20th) working on changing it on monday (21st) already talking about rebidding, sure hope the rocket scientists get it figured out soon, who knows maybe they will ask us teamsters what we think

here at 211 it's fubar, new dock lay out on sunday (20th) working on changing it on monday (21st) already talking about rebidding, sure hope the rocket scientists get it figured out soon, who knows maybe they will ask us teamsters what we think
671 has already posted another dock bid added another morning shift and brought back 2 men from layoff. Some changes to the dock layout have happened.

Have had a couple of occasions of UE's loading trailers other than velocity, that will end.

DS.

velocity week 2

Here at 120 I continue to see a full line of strips waiting to be worked everyday from 123 and 135.
Also got information that the city operation is real busy.
Bill count is up 100% over last week!

Glad to see 120 getting some more freight. Seems funny to route freight through terminals that don't have as much space and manpower then take freight away from terminals that do!! But that's how RDWY does things, it seems. 671 is having a problem with UE's working regular freight. Anyone else ran into this?? DS.

Critical Thinking?

Out here on the West side (T-830) We are having the same problem with power. It's hard to run a trucking co. without trucks? What a concept! :chairshot:

Glad to see 120 getting some more freight. Seems funny to route freight through terminals that don't have as much space and manpower then take freight away from terminals that do!! But that's how RDWY does things, it seems. 671 is having a problem with UE's working regular freight. Anyone else ran into this?? DS.

I'm sure the UE's are working regular freight everywhere. How can it be policed?

Out here on the West side (T-830) We are having the same problem with power. It's hard to run a trucking co. without trucks? What a concept! :chairshot:
I work for Holland so I'm sure we will have this problem soon with UE's coming into play! But I said from the moment the contract passed that power would be a problem. Seems easy enough to me though. Since the city drivers already ride in our road units in the morning, there are plenty of junked up city units there for the Utility (velocity) driver!!:1036316054:

I did a tour of duty as a U.E. this week for A.B.F. I saw alot of Big R vans on Rte.84 east and west bound, but too many fed ex and conway, keep pluggin' away and let's get our union members to work!! An Ex Big R worker

I work for Holland so I'm sure we will have this problem soon with UE's coming into play! But I said from the moment the contract passed that power would be a problem. Seems easy enough to me though. Since the city drivers already ride in our road units in the morning, there are plenty of junked up city units there for the Utility (velocity) driver!!:1036316054:
UE Drivers are union employees that are doing this job and I'm afraid this is starting to sound like an us against them sanario. We are in many cases new to working on the dock and simply following directions. Please keep in ming we work for the same company and were union bro's. I for one try to only move what I'm suppose too, have I touched some wrong freight? to be honest right now I dont know. If some of the dock hands will help us out in a helpful way instead of an arrogant pissed off manner like were personally stealing freight I'm sure it will help us all to hold to the contract.

lil rebel its not a personal thing i assure you . what you have to try to understand is this is more of a us vrs the company thing
they are using you guys to put us out of work . look at it from our point.
we do understand you are just doing as told. doesnt make it any better for the rest of us

keeping an eye on the UE

I'm sure the UE's are working regular freight everywhere. How can it be policed?
here in w/s (671) the UE are monitored all night long by union stewards and regular dockworkers.....every time they are observed either stripping or stacking OUR freight, it is notated with the date,time and unit# they were working at the time, and then a grievance is filed for the violation....since this coo has gone into effect, stewards from local 391 have filed approx. 20 or so grievances for coo violations, and have recently starting demanding monetary damages since we lost 20 dock jobs because of this change. After numerous warnings to management about these violations, they continue to do it on a daily basis...we all know this company is famous for stretching right to the limit what they can get away with, and this has been no different....other terminals- keep a close eye on what goes on, and notate it....our grievance hearings are scheduled for next Fri. we will keep everyone posted on the outcome....:red_bandana:the g-man

I'm sorry to hear about freight being worked by u.e. drivers. Like i've seen on different posts, file, file, file !!! As a temp. U.E. driver, i was only to move my own freight, did not break local freight,hope this can be straightend out.

I'm sorry to hear about freight being worked by u.e. drivers. Like i've seen on different posts, file, file, file !!! As a temp. U.E. driver, i was only to move my own freight, did not break local freight,hope this can be straightend out.
one way or the other, it will be straightened out next fri.