Yellow | Velocity, Week 2

they say linehaul costs are down but i move the freight down the dock and would bet that claims are way up .
i know this is all about the 1 2 or 3 day freight but what ever happen to those fully loaded trucks that we used to be consurned about , im sure every1 doesnt need there freight tomorrow ,bet there is a huge market out there we are just leaving sit around . need to get back to what we do best and stop worring about what the other guys do!! that how we were the best in the freight industry

velocity

Been workin ue job for yellow for 6 weeks,runnin to St. Louis they never told us what freight to move or not move only certain doors we could not load in.I found out velocity freight has a + in the pro number and non-velocity freight has a - in the number,so I just dock the - freight in the bay and load only the+ freight.We can't refuse a direct order but we can help out by jotting down tlr #s and f/b #s giving them to the local steward when requested. Hostlers and dockmen,don't scream and yell when we do somthing wrong we come from small terminals where work rules are very different from yours. We don't know any better ,but,we are learning and will help you guys police the contract as best we can.Just talk to us in a civil manner we are Teamsters also,and we will not make that mistake a second time. Hell,I don't want your job,I don't even like the one I have now.Just trying to make retirement!:hide:

velocity

Been workin ue job for yellow for 6 weeks,runnin to St. Louis they never told us what freight to move or not move only certain doors we could not load in.I found out velocity freight has a + in the pro number and non-velocity freight has a - in the number,so I just dock the - freight in the bay and load only the+ freight.We can't refuse a direct order but we can help out by jotting down tlr #s and f/b #s giving them to the local steward when requested. Hostlers and dockmen,don't scream and yell when we do somthing wrong we come from small terminals where work rules are very different from yours. We don't know any better ,but,we are learning and will help you guys police the contract as best we can.Just talk to us in a civil manner we are Teamsters also,and we will not make that mistake a second time. Hell,I don't want your job,I don't even like the one I have now.Just trying to make retirement!

totally understand that racecat and the dock here at 671 get it too.
i speak to all most all the guys that hit the dock here at 11 pm and we get along just fine and know the situation .never had a bad word with any of these guys and help them out whenever possible.
we are all in this mess together. we will work it out and hopfully all get to that point when we get to sit by the river and drown worms while sipping on a cold 1 lol