Estes | Veterans

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
I know we have lots of veterans that work here at Estes.I think I speak for all that have served and not served that we DO appreciate you and what you have done for our great nation.In this time of turmoil and indifferences,we take this weekend to say thank you for your service.Without you and what you stand for is what makes the United States of America the greatest place to live and raise a family.

THANK YOU

Hear Hear!

I know we have lots of veterans that work here at Estes.I think I speak for all that have served and not served that we DO appreciate you and what you have done for our great nation.In this time of turmoil and indifferences,we take this weekend to say thank you for your service.Without you and what you stand for is what makes the United States of America the greatest place to live and raise a family.

THANK YOU

I only spent four years in the Army during Desert Storm, but I thank veterans every chance I get. Particularly those "Weekend Warriors" who spend as much time away from their families now as the Active duty guys. I still think everybody in the country should be required to either serve in the military or some sort of public service out of high school, but that'll never happen.

A heartfelt thank you from the Deacon to all service members, past present and future.:clap:

At my local donut shop, there are four Viet Nam vets that are there constantly. On occasion, I buy a ten dollar gift card, and slap it down to them with a "thank you".

One time on the day before Thanksgiving, was yapping it up with a guy in line in front of me, learned that he served two tours in Nam, and was counting his cash to the last drop for his holiday booze. I pushed his stuff forward, and added mine to the order, and threw it on my card. I told him, (rather loudly for the lesson for those around me) that no veteran was gonna buy his own booze on Thanksgiving. He was kinda shocked, and thanked me, and I thanked him for his service. There is no veteran that needs to be thanked more than our Nam guys.

Great thread Stark!:USA::smillie_flag::3dflagsdotcom_usa_2

Ya'all are getting me choked up inside. Those nam guys are really a special bunch. I know some were drafted and some signed the bottom line. They had the option to dodge the draft on a war most didn't want but stayed and fought knowing the chance of survival wasn't good. When I went in it was peace time. We trained hard at the Mojave desert once a year and in the swamps of Ft polk. We all new that we could be in a war but reality never really sets in until your told to pack your bags. When the trouble in Panama started we were told to pack our bags.The room got silent and everyone just looked at each other like, now what? (someone you don't like suddenly becomes your brother).. It took the wind out of my sail too. Fortunatly we were just on stand by. They took Ft Hood and a couple others. I couldn't imagine what was going through the minds of someone who had to pack for Viet-Nam or many other big battles.

At my local donut shop, there are four Viet Nam vets that are there constantly. On occasion, I buy a ten dollar gift card, and slap it down to them with a "thank you".

One time on the day before Thanksgiving, was yapping it up with a guy in line in front of me, learned that he served two tours in Nam, and was counting his cash to the last drop for his holiday booze. I pushed his stuff forward, and added mine to the order, and threw it on my card. I told him, (rather loudly for the lesson for those around me) that no veteran was gonna buy his own booze on Thanksgiving. He was kinda shocked, and thanked me, and I thanked him for his service. There is no veteran that needs to be thanked more than our Nam guys.

You my man have restored a lot of my faith in everyday Americans. I'm so warm and fuzzy at this I'm going out Monday to try and find an opportunity to do the same thing. I'm also sending my Grandfather (WWII bomber pilot) a bottle of his favorite.

:USA:

One time on the day before Thanksgiving, was yapping it up with a guy in line in front of me, learned that he served two tours in Nam, and was counting his cash to the last drop for his holiday booze. I pushed his stuff forward, and added mine to the order, and threw it on my card. I told him, (rather loudly for the lesson for those around me) that no veteran was gonna buy his own booze on Thanksgiving. He was kinda shocked, and thanked me, and I thanked him for his service.
There is no veteran that needs to be thanked more than our Nam guys.

Very well put Legshot, I agree 100% not to underscore Iraq but these guys have it gravy over there compared to Vietnam, I have done alot of research on Nam and did 3 term papers on it, one about the Navys roll, one about the prisoners of war, and one about the guys on the ground, Nam guys are true heros and very brave, just like the WW2 gents, it was an awfull war.

I've had the PRIVILIGE of knowing veterans that served from WWI down to Desert Storm and now our present war.

My grandfather and great-uncle: WWI. My uncle had a baronet scar on his arm. German soldier didn't make it...

Uncles from WWII right down to Vietnam war.
College student from when I was in college several years back: Desert Storm.
My very young next door neighbor that lost his life in Iraq two years ago. God bless his family.

To all Veteran and soldiers serving now:

THANK YOU!! :USA::USA::USA::USA:

Very well put Legshot, I agree 100% not to underscore Iraq but these guys have it gravy over there compared to Vietnam, I have done alot of research on Nam and did 3 term papers on it, one about the Navys roll, one about the prisoners of war, and one about the guys on the ground, Nam guys are true heros and very brave, just like the WW2 gents, it was an awfull war.

It's just that these people went through the worst war in American history, and were ::shit:: on when they got home because of the new emerging media.
I remeber being a child, seeing the news footage every night, and asking my Dad, what's wrong with him?
The guy was either blown to bits, being carried to a chopper, or freaking out on drugs.... My Dad would just say..... "It's war" ( He joined the navy right after Pearl Harbor)
I have blanked out so many things in my life as far as my memory goes, but that nightly black and white home footage of war, is burned in my being, after 47 years.
I don't know one personal family member or friend that was in that war. My older brothers just skated by it due to timing.
Can you imagine how enraging it would be to have our current Iraq veterans spat upon on the daily news, as they returned home?
The Nam vets had two choices... Be forced to defend your country due to political BS, or go to Canada and hide. There is no "Wall of Honor" in Canada paying tribute to the people that hid away. Your number came up, you went..

When you got drafted into this mess, you had to develope a phycopath state of mind to get thier job done, and when you got back, were punished for it, by yes, liberals, and media.
Show me one Nam vet that did his duty, and chuckles about how easy it went. They are all screwed up. It seems that the only ones who remember what happened in that time, these days, is themselves.
It is an abomination that Veterans Day is lost in this country.
Legshot... :loser:

Legshot, our soldiers are being called terrorists right now. I hope they aren't treated the same way as the Nam vets. Two of my uncles that were enlisted in that war were never the same afterwards.

If you want to thank a Nam veteran you don't have to look to far, They are all over the place living on the streets and in homeless shelters, Thanks to our government never giving us the financial backing for the real help they all needed.

I recall back several years ago before my uncle died (2 tours in Nam, worked up to Sgt but didn't have men he was over) had gotten aid for the Agent Orange exposure.

Aid taken away.
Aid given back.
Taken away..... well, doesn't matter now. My uncle died before he was 50 and was buried in uniform that still fit him 20 years later by the VFW with honors.

Our service men/women do not get the respect they deserve nor the help they need.

I recall back several years ago before my uncle died (2 tours in Nam, worked up to Sgt but didn't have men he was over) had gotten aid for the Agent Orange exposure.

Aid taken away.
Aid given back.
Taken away..... well, doesn't matter now. My uncle died before he was 50 and was buried in uniform that still fit him 20 years later by the VFW with honors.

Our service men/women do not get the respect they deserve nor the help they need.

When soldiers die,they say they were heros. Why do people recognize they were heros when they are no longer with us?I always thought,it was better to let them know while they were alive.

TDW, your uncle was a hero,living or not,because he served his country proudly and without reservation.I just hope there were times in his life,he was given the appreciation he deserved.

All of our soldiers are heros.This weekend,make it a point to tell them that.

Well thank YOU for the appreciation. I served from 1971 - 1977. Had orders for Nam, but never went as they scaled back in '72. Lucky me, but most of my buddies were Nam vets. They deserve a Thank You they never received and were despised. It was so bad that were told NOT to wear our uniform home on leave.

Glad to see things have changed a bit, but somethings amiss and odd when our own government says Iraqi vets are suspicious and should be considered possible right wing radicals (another word for terrorist?)? Something strange there. What's in store for this country and what are they afraid of?

Well thank YOU for the appreciation. I served from 1971 - 1977. Had orders for Nam, but never went as they scaled back in '72. Lucky me, but most of my buddies were Nam vets. They deserve a Thank You they never received and were despised. It was so bad that were told NOT to wear our uniform home on leave.

Glad to see things have changed a bit, but somethings amiss and odd when our own government says Iraqi vets are suspicious and should be considered possible right wing radicals (another word for terrorist?)? Something strange there. What's in store for this country and what are they afraid of?

They may say all the negatives they must,bibba. But as true beleivers in the right for freedom, there must be those that question.

There is no question in my mind that these brave men and women of our freedom fighting forces,are the most honorable people on earth.

BAR NONE!!!Happy Memorial Day to those great people. :clap: