Central Transport | vitran dropped considerably

I watch the stock prices and this is kinda scary. U can see how it climbed and held when CK first came on and for a few months after, but it seems like investor morale has dropped. Our stock is lower than YRC. In had enoughs' words "chasing greatness"

The biggest stock holders are smarter than 10000 of us on here, and even they had their hopes up at first, but I think they are still waiting for us to begin "chasing greatness" and turn a profit

Greatness will elude this company until upper level management learns to treat their employee's with respect. You reap what you sow.. Dallas is a Train Wreck...OS&D freight covers half the dock. Fired TM of 5 yrs..Just fired TM and OM of a few months...Just turned over set of Haz Mat with a FexEX Ex-Driver 2 miles from ter. Driver morale at an all time low. I'm truly ashamed to say i work for Vitran...They are the ultimate scrub line.
chasing greatness? Vitran | Overview ****

It is truly an uphill battle. Until all agree to agree what needs to be done, we will not improve with any great steps.

VTN Canada dropped even more

Exchange TSX (Canadian Dollar)
Price Can$3.77
Change (%) 0.14 (3.58%)
Volume 9,900
Data as of 09/07/12 2:50 p.m. ET
Minimum 20 minute delay
Refresh quote

This company will continue to lose value. They dump all this freight into Texas like we serve it direct..We interline 90% of it. No wonder they can't get a hold on claims, it gets moved way to many times. The D-FW market is totally destroyed with missed pick-ups, damaged freight, and driver morale that knows it can't fight a run away train. We can't even anwser the phones in a timely manner. City rouths that leave at 1030 with 10 to 15 stops are set up to fail. Ft Worth is a 45 min drive, you may get off half before you start getting slammed with pick-ups. The rouths are loaded backwards half the time, and we have only a few pallets jacks and no two-wheelers. WE DONT HAVE A SHOP FOR REPAIRS. Thats crazy, this is Dallas Texas one of the biggest markets in the south. The LTL market rises and falls on the success of D-FW...Ask Southeastern..R&L...FedEx freight..UPS Freight..Saia..Old Dominion..I hope Chris can straighten this problem out in Dallas because if he can't this company will be driven straight into bankruptcy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I am surprised we have not gone into Chapter 11 (11 is restructuring, 13 is shutdown and sale) this to may be in our future next year

This company will continue to lose value. They dump all this freight into Texas like we serve it direct..We interline 90% of it. No wonder they can't get a hold on claims, it gets moved way to many times. The D-FW market is totally destroyed with missed pick-ups, damaged freight, and driver morale that knows it can't fight a run away train. We can't even anwser the phones in a timely manner. City rouths that leave at 1030 with 10 to 15 stops are set up to fail. Ft Worth is a 45 min drive, you may get off half before you start getting slammed with pick-ups. The rouths are loaded backwards half the time, and we have only a few pallets jacks and no two-wheelers. WE DONT HAVE A SHOP FOR REPAIRS. Thats crazy, this is Dallas Texas one of the biggest markets in the south. The LTL market rises and falls on the success of D-FW...Ask Southeastern..R&L...FedEx freight..UPS Freight..Saia..Old Dominion..I hope Chris can straighten this problem out in Dallas because if he can't this company will be driven straight into bankruptcy.
your market isn't the only one failing, my barn in michigan is falling apart as well and morale is at the top of the list of problems, our last tm ran morale into the basement and our new one tried to bring it up but I think he realized its a losing battle,dispatch doesn't care about anything except personal side business, osd is out of control, we to have no shop, most of our dock workers look like high school drop outs, can't seem to get drivers to replace the one who leave, last report I heard is we are down 10 drivers.

i imagine a move soon to eliminate overtime all together to help them pay claims, buy equipment and pay these big shot former fed ex employees. i would'nt doubt if the insurance coverage does'nt go down and rates go up as well, along with the tinkering of vacation time. take another pint of blood from us, were light headed but did'nt pass out yet. :Violin:

Top pay in Dallas is 21 an hour with no overtime ever. So thats not an issue in Dallas. Paying these big shots would not be a problem either if they would fix the problems in OS&D and not play favorites and let seniority mean something when it comes to start times, when new guys get earlier start times than senior drivers it makes drivers want to sabotage the company. Just one of the many problems..I could go on and on. Now Vitran just fired the TM and OM manager they got from FedEx...They lasted about 3 months and turned this run away train into a full blown derailment. They come in here and throw all this money around leasing tractors and trailers and hiring all these people, and try to make all these changes by being hard jerks...It blew up it their faces...Being hard will only get you so far...If being a strick jerk would win super bowls..Bill Parcels would have won them all. Jimmy Johnson was a tough coach, but he knew when to let up. These are grown men ...that wont take BS...but he knew how to motivate..He was a master manipulater and put the right players in key positions...Management should learn from Jimmy Johnson...They need to be more pro-active and get down in the drenchs and come out from behind those new desk in Pittsburg...Move across the U.S. and be accountable for all these hiring mistakes..For this systems breakdown...Dont balance your budget on the backs of the people that are the backbone of this company..Do you plan on bleeding us dry and put this company into bankruptcy? Make the sacrifices that it takes to put this train back on the track. I only ask for you to have some integrity and do whats right. At this point i'm not sure it's not too late..But i can chase greatest...i can be positive..At least until you stab me in the back. We have made sacrifices with pay cuts and increase in company ins. premiums. Can management please do their part...Cause honesty we are starting to feel betrayed. And tired of being made the scape goats for mis-management.

I hope we can find a way to come out of this mess. But, if in the end we don't survive. And Vitran goes away, at least i know i did the best i could.

this sounnds like my terminal. we are know routating drivers off while theres freight waiting to be delivered.we are also missing pickups at our biggist accounts.

Every morning your TM has to report from yesterday all freight on dock, freight refused/bringbacks, and failed pickups. Corporate knows whats going on at each terminal

your market isn't the only one failing, my barn in michigan is falling apart as well and morale is at the top of the list of problems, our last tm ran morale into the basement and our new one tried to bring it up but I think he realized its a losing battle,dispatch doesn't care about anything except personal side business, osd is out of control, we to have no shop, most of our dock workers look like high school drop outs, can't seem to get drivers to replace the one who leave, last report I heard is we are down 10 drivers.
hmmm i wonder if your last tm was also tol last tm till sun when he was canned

If things are not working, maybe they should can more? That one petson id suppose to be responsible for their terminal snd all its doings