Central Transport | vitran east

we were donig well,just did not have the capitol to make a reasonable aqustion and thats the only way we could survive was to merge with a public company that has money to burn.because to survive in this bussiness wer are going to have to service the hole contry.the smaller family owned carriers will be bought,bye big company in the next few yrs.we have to compete with fedex and olddomnion and ups freight.

I work for Pitt Ohio Express (POE). The former PJAX owners & Pitt Ohio owners are cousins. I disagree that Pitt Ohio will soon be eaten up by the large coast-to-coast carriers. POE owns part of the TL carrier ECM Transport and has many partnership agreements so POE does business coast to coast, as well as into Canada.

trust me it will happen,iam said to say i worked for pitt in columbus,the hole industry is going threw consolidation and when its said and done there will only be a few companys left.i think this is a good thing there is to much competion.i love working for the hammels but this is nescary.

:1036316054: Well, I do know that the treatment of driver/dock workers versus the office workers are quite different. I've worked @ POE for over 10 years and I've seen office workers leave POE, go to PJAX and then come back. I've also known quite a few PJAX people that came to POE. The differences in the 2 companies are like night & day. I still truly believe that POE will not be sold to another company. Chuck's kids work @ the company, just like he did and I can see them taking over someday. We have doubled in size since I started there, but there is still a closeness with the owner. Chuck mingles with the employees @ the corporate office every day. I consider myself lucky & very proud to work for such a great man & company.

let me tell u something i worked for the pitts as we call it over at pjax.i was there three months back in 96 and was treatded like craph.your tm in columbus rich h****** is the biggest ahole i have ever met.the two companys are carbon copies of each other.i love working for pjax don h***** is a good guy,i hate to see them leave.money will buy anything and if chuck h*****feals that company can not grow any more will sell,id bet my job on it.i use to think the same way about don h*****.the last two months have been a real eye opener fo us at pjax.never say never

Hey, I wish you luck with the new owners of Pjax. They are our competition, but I was sad to hear that they were sold. LIke I said before, I know there is a huge difference in being a driver vs being an office worker. I used to work in Pgh dispatch as a check in clerk--I much preferred my regular office job.

Just Curious

Who owns Who? I had a PJAX trailer backed in next to me with a Vitran tractor that said operated by PJAX Pittsburgh Pa. It was driven by a PJAX driver making a PJAX pickup in Bridgewater N.J. This was the 1st time I have seen a piece of Vitran equipment & am just curious.

Who owns Who? I had a PJAX trailer backed in next to me with a Vitran tractor that said operated by PJAX Pittsburgh Pa. It was driven by a PJAX driver making a PJAX pickup in Bridgewater N.J. This was the 1st time I have seen a piece of Vitran equipment & am just curious.

slowly,you will se more equipment like that,it will say vitran but it will operatded by pjax.it dosent make anysince to me thats why i left for olddomnion.vitran is a sinking ship and i had to get off.

I'm looking for a PJAX hat, anybody got one the could let me have, I'll pay for shipping.

I'd love to walk into my Vitran Terminal with one of those on.

I'm looking for a PJAX hat, anybody got one the could let me have, I'll pay for shipping.

I'd love to walk into my Vitran Terminal with one of those on.

thats funny :biglaugh:. i dont own one but ill look for one for you . im sure i can find one somewhere

You know that fester was right,but your talk about vitran not buying a company. S.W.E was two weeks from bankruptcy court when vitran bought them out so ya they buy the ones they think they can use to help them out that whey they can go nation wide.

You know

You know that fester was right,but your talking about vitran not buying a company. S.W.E was two bought weeks from bankruptcy court when vitran bought them out so you know only buy the ones they think they can use to help them out that whey they can go nation wide.But what whould i know i'm just a chris driver hahaha:nutkick: