XPO | VPP

Not heard a word about it,maybe they think we forgot about it.It has been extremely quiet lately,people are starting to get nervous.

One year , I think that I got around 5 K ICP . I know that the CCX guy's have got more than that some years. Those days are long gone!!!!

They said we would still get one this year. But no more after that. So, I am guessing it will be the usual.... $400 or so.

No point in being nervous. You know what's coming. Stay as long as you like.

But don't whine about it. You are the only reason you are still here.
After the St Louis conference, our SCM told us that VPP for 2017 was going to be payed out based on individual profitability of service centers as opposed to profits being divided up equally among all service centers. IE, if your SC turns a profit, you'll get a bigger check than the an SC that makes less money or turns no profit.

The employee portal is only show 2nd quarter of 2015. Wonder why it is not showing all 4 or at least the 3rd quarter. #thingsthatmakeyougohumm

After the St Louis conference, our SCM told us that VPP for 2017 was going to be payed out based on individual profitability of service centers as opposed to profits being divided up equally among all service centers. IE, if your SC turns a profit, you'll get a bigger check than the an SC that makes less money or turns no profit.

It would be nice if they told all the drivers or service center things that were said in that meeting. We are kept in the dark about everything when it comes to this buy out and changes that are coming.

If that is true, that is ridiculously foolish. Just what every company needs.......everyone slashing each other's throat trying to make the extra dollar instead of working as a team to get the job done.
:duh:

If that is true, that is ridiculously foolish. Just what every company needs.......everyone slashing each other's throat trying to make the extra dollar instead of working as a team to get the job done.
Some times when you hear something that makes no sense, it is someone trying to take your attention from something else? At lest that's how the government works.

We already "slash each others throats" when we do damages at each terminal. If a damage is not reported ( written up ) it falls on you ( or your service center ) - sooooo , this leads to scenarios were everything gets written up ( even if it's not damaged , this credits the damages to the FAC ) and instructions get handed down on not entering actual damages into our handhelds ( just write them on the delivery receipt ) that way it's not reported officially.

We already "slash each others throats" when we do damages at each terminal. If a damage is not reported ( written up ) it falls on you ( or your service center ) - sooooo , this leads to scenarios were everything gets written up ( even if it's not damaged , this credits the damages to the FAC ) and instructions get handed down on not entering actual damages into our handhelds ( just write them on the delivery receipt ) that way it's not reported officially.
You are correct. That happens at every company. But you are talking about numbers, I was talking more about profits and money. A corporate sponsored profit sharing program includes everyone, where, if the terminals can benefit on a more local/personal basis, things will really go to crap in a hurry.

One year , I think that I got around 5 K ICP . I know that the CCX guy's have got more than that some years. Those days are long gone!!!!

Yeah I remember those days. We used to get the pay out at two different times...one check around Christmas time and the other one in February.

I was on vacation for the last half of December, did I miss anything here???

No longer a VPP. An incentive program. Those that do more get paid more.

The employee portal is only show 2nd quarter of 2015. Wonder why it is not showing all 4 or at least the 3rd quarter. #thingsthatmakeyougohumm

Con-way didn't have a 4th quarter. The sale was announced and the process of acquisition began.

It would be nice if they told all the drivers or service center things that were said in that meeting. We are kept in the dark about everything when it comes to this buy out and changes that are coming.

The longer you don't know better, the longer you won't know better.

Con-way never really had the team atmosphere. It was always about bending the other guy over.
Thats not true. There used to be an us against the rest mentality, striving to be the best in thw industry. We used to have this monthly contest called king of the hill to see what service center was doing the best at load factor, on time meets etc. At my barn we used to work together to be the best. That was along time ago though, back in the CWX days, pre recession, pre pension kill, pre all of the BS of the last dieing days of Con-way Freight.

Typical. Those who are effected most are the last ones to know.

Gee, I wonder, Isn't that how rumours get started? Everyone starts guessing about what is going on?
the reason everybody is guessing is because XPO management has not said a word about what their plans are. Like the rebranding that was gonna go full steam ahead, got a sticker on the trucks, a hat and a few t-shirts haven't seen any building signs nowhere, only jackets for city guys, no uniforms that I've seen, by them being so quiet means something you can bet on it. Oh and by the way where is all this freight they had setting all over the country