XPO | VPP

the reason everybody is guessing is because XPO management has not said a word about what their plans are. Like the rebranding that was gonna go full steam ahead, got a sticker on the trucks, a hat and a few t-shirts haven't seen any building signs nowhere, only jackets for city guys, no uniforms that I've seen, by them being so quiet means something you can bet on it. Oh and by the way where is all this freight they had setting all over the country

Well I feel cheated we don't have sticker on our trucks at our barn and when they sent tee shirts they sent us like 10 and they were small sizes so only like 3 people at our got them. :-(

They said we would still get one this year. But no more after that. So, I am guessing it will be the usual.... $400 or so.

No point in being nervous. You know what's coming. Stay as long as you like.

But don't whine about it. You are the only reason you are still here.
Kinda the same thing we heard!

No longer a VPP. An incentive program. Those that do more get paid more.

So what do you think that the 'do more - get more' is going to be based on? If a small sc doesn't do a lot of business compared to a larger one that does...how can the different pay outs be justified? Hopefully there will be some kind of sliding percentage scale put in place according to a terminal's classification. When that determined percentage is hit by the terminal...that terminal gets the max payout. On 2nd thought, that wouldn't be fair either for the smaller sc cause their profit would be smaller than the big boys pay out based on their greater local sc profits.. I give up, I don't honestly know how any truly fair way that this can work. Besides, I never get too excited about bonuses here anyway...why? cause after taxes and 401K deductions...you're lucky to have enough to buy a new pair of boots so you can keep putting one foot in front of another to carry on with your work.

So what do you think that the 'do more - get more' is going to be based on? If a small sc doesn't do a lot of business compared to a larger one that does...how can the different pay outs be justified? Hopefully there will be some kind of sliding percentage scale put in place according to a terminal's classification. When that determined percentage is hit by the terminal...that terminal gets the max payout. On 2nd thought, that wouldn't be fair either for the smaller sc cause their profit would be smaller than the big boys pay out based on their greater local sc profits.. I give up, I don't honestly know how any truly fair way that this can work. Besides, I never get too excited about bonuses here anyway...why? cause after taxes and 401K deductions...you're lucky to have enough to buy a new pair of boots so you can keep putting one foot in front of another to carry on with your work.

I can see no fair way to do this. Con-way did it back in the day. It was horribly flawed.

You can't pay people by the amount of work logged and expect them to do the right thing.

Imagine all the hazmat unsecured. Placards not made. People shoving ::shit:: into trailers while you are loading them. It's a nightmare scenario.

It will only bring out the worst. Just my opinion.

I can see no fair way to do this. Con-way did it back in the day. It was horribly flawed.

You can't pay people by the amount of work logged and expect them to do the right thing.

Imagine all the hazmat unsecured. Placards not made. People shoving :::shit::: into trailers while you are loading them. It's a nightmare scenario.

It will only bring out the worst. Just my opinion.

How about this scenario...just eliminate all incentive bonuses and leave us alone to do our jobs that we're already being paid for. The lion's share of incentive bonuses never went to dsr's anyway. Instead of a incentive bonus just give us an across the board rate increase. If not this, then just give us a star card, a hug, or both if that seems better.. Point ?...Incentive bonuses have never inspired me to work any harder, faster or better than I already do. No !!! I can honestly say that incentive bonuses just don't move me. If I had a grey shirt's incentive size share bonus dangled in front of me ...then maybe I would seriously be motivated to bring my A+++ game daily...if that's indeed possible.

How about this scenario...just eliminate all incentive bonuses and leave us alone to do our jobs that we're already being paid for. The lion's share of incentive bonuses never went to dsr's anyway. Instead of a incentive bonus just give us an across the board rate increase. If not this, then just give us a star card, a hug, or both if that seems better.. Point ?...Incentive bonuses have never inspired me to work any harder, faster or better than I already do. No !!! I can honestly say that incentive bonuses just don't move me. If I had a grey shirt's incentive size share bonus dangled in front of me ...then maybe I would seriously be motivated to bring my A+++ game daily...if that's indeed possible.
when we had i.c.p(3k-5k a year) guys WERE more careful with the freight now you get a shrug of the shoulder with a tilted head! this will all lead back to the f.o.s being accused of giving one guy 4 hand unloads of yankee candle while giving another guy 20 stops all with docks and forks available.(and that will happen) is there a utopian barn out there where all drivers and f.o.s's are buddy-buddy? what about linehaul the turn and burn guys vs the ones left to clean up the mess! because of your seniority you can t&b so you get less then the jr drivers who have to work the dock? i smell dissension in the ranks!

One of the guys looked up his check. $200. Well thanks for not cancelling that program immediately. $200 before taxes will really do a lot to change the way people work for sure.

The rumor mill is on fire right now. The future is coming, one day at a time.

One of the guys looked up his check. $200. Well thanks for not cancelling that program immediately. $200 before taxes will really do a lot to change the way people work for sure.

The rumor mill is on fire right now. The future is coming, one day at a time.
It still only shows 2nd quarter 2015.

There are some nervous TM'S and FOS'S ande FOM"S around my barn they haven't heard anything on their bonus(SSP)and TM'S are supposedly losing their company car, only Regional Managers and sales will have them
I have no problem with an SCM losing their company car for two reasons. It's more cost effective for the company which can expense SCM's their mileage for using their POV's Seeing the boss drive his own car to work is good and might help to reduce the divide between mngmt and labor from a class welfare standpoint.

There are some nervous TM'S and FOS'S ande FOM"S around my barn they haven't heard anything on their bonus(SSP)and TM'S are supposedly losing their company car, only Regional Managers and sales will have them
I have no problem with an SCM losing their company car for two reasons. It's more cost effective for the company which can expense SCM's their mileage for using their POV's Seeing the boss drive his own car to work is good and might help to reduce the divide between mngmt and labor from a class welfare standpoint.
HAS ANYBODY HEARD ANTHING ABOUT VVP? Management knows nothing either, but either monday or next monday there is supposed to be a big meeting

$200-$400. Who cares
20,000 x $50 = $1million
20,000 x $200 = $ 4million
20,000 x $400 = $ 8million

You get it , this adds up fast when you look at the number of employees XPO Logistics has. It's not a lot to us BUT if B. Jacobs is looking for a few million to save here and there ......

Oustside machanic vendor co not being paid at xmd ,true or false, tm has to by the tp out of his pocket true or false , truckload sold ? True or false ,losing customers ,true or false,