ODFL | wage meetng

Haven't even heard any rumors this year. All has been kept quiet around here. And now that the thread has been started, the second someones knows something, they will post it.

we're getting the same as last year. A pat on the back for a job well done, but due to economic uncertainty there will be no raise. Every other LTL carrier has forced pay cuts and cuts in benefits, we aren't cutting anything and that is your raise. Even though we had an outstanding OR so far this year because we have forced everyone to work twice as hard, we will not be compensating you for it. But thanks for your hard work. Maybe if we make enough money off the vending machines we'll cook you some soy burgers.

I'm guessing no increase in a pay but we finally pay more in health bennies?

Met today with LB Clayton. Increases: .35 dock, PnD, and hrly staff. .015 linehaul solo. .017 linehaul team. No increase in insurance cost and no reduction of benefits. Improved disab program coming later.

That is good news if true. We weren't asking for much during these times, but even a little something shows we're appreciated for making the company the best LTL in the country.

It is true. Had our meeting yesterday. I was wrong in my previous post and apologize. Really surprised we got anything but am happy with. Nice to see that OD appreciates what we all do. Keep up the good work and maybe we will see even bigger surprises next year!

[quote author=ghper link=topic=82668.msg857664#msg857664 date=1281567511]
so how much is the increase heard it was 1.5 cents for linehaul is that true????????????
[/quote]yup!!!!

In the past, I've figured that the incidental pay is like .02 - .025 cents per mile for me, on my run. Figuring that into the equation, my pay is now going to be like .53 cents per mile with the new raise. I certainly don't have anywhere close to the longest run in our area, but my wife figured out my miles and pay and I'm right at $67k annual. I know that there are drivers earning in the area of 75k. Some could be doing more. For company drivers--with highfalutin benefits--that's a pretty decent chunk of change! Especially, considering that most of us don't really bust our butts to make that. What my buddies find coolest of all is that I go to work, hook up, do my run, return, drop the equipment, turn in the paperwork, and go on home. Five days a week. All without ever having to "report" anything to anybody (such as dealing with dispatchers on the phone/qualcom), no clocking out, I just park my truck and head on home. Totally effortless---so to speak!

Now, I put in a good two decades in the trucking bs business before coming to OD. What really kicks my goat good and hard is when I see some of our younger drivers, in their mid- to early twenties, doing what I do. And I think to myself: these guys just don't know how LUCKY they are to be working for an upper tier company...TO START! Talk about being at the right place, at the right time! Well, I guess I did something right when I showed up at OD's doorstep when I did. I should continue to be thankful rather than lamenting all the time I wasted elsewhere just to get here. Nobody's fault other than mine. Anyway, I thank my lucky stars every day that I'm where I am. And I still make a daily effort to remain humble about the whole darn thing!

I've thought the same thing. The pay for linehaul work really is amazing for what is involved. The only problem is some drivers seem to get really out of shape due to lack of work and weird schedules. P/D is fairly good also when you see what some of the bottling co's pay their drivers for all the BS involved.

I always liked the new dock turned driver grads complaining and have thought the same thing myself about how much worse it could've been for them in another carrier's truck. Some of these guys getting their start for these cheap OTR carriers have really paid some hard financial dues.