Yellow | Wal-Mart???

I agree some of the trailers we are in realy realy bad shape an need to be pull off the road you do not see very many other truck lines pulling this old of Equitment sad !!!
We're now the modern day equivalent to Corn-Flake or Trash-Can !!! .lol
We're SLOWLY........., getting new equipment in. :-)

I know the drivers make pretty good money,I have spoke to several.
When you look at the discrepency in pay from retail and drivers it is
obvious they aren't paying drivers decent because they want to.
With all the Federal regs and bs a driver must endure,if their wasn't that much of a pay discrepancy,it would be a no brainer for most.No more away from home,no more background checks,no DOT physical requirements,no changing sleep habits,etc...Make good money and live like a normal person and less Government intrusion.The extra money is for the bullcrap we have to put up with..

With all the Federal regs and bs a driver must endure,if their wasn't that much of a pay discrepancy,it would be a no brainer for most.No more away from home,no more background checks,no DOT physical requirements,no changing sleep habits,etc...Make good money and live like a normal person and less Government intrusion.The extra money is for the bullcrap we have to put up with..

I agree drivers deserve more,I also believe 100% they pay drivers more than they would like to,to eliminate the threat of a union.

I agree drivers deserve more,I also believe 100% they pay drivers more than they would like to,to eliminate the threat of a union.
I disagree. The IBT is losing elections because of what we have gone thru.
The IBT is not feared. The reason Walmart pays well is to be competitive. Our wages are stagnet while everyone els is raising theirs. This is because this is a drivers market.

Wal mart will not hire 300 pound plus YRC drivers. With 9 letters for absenteeism.
I have talked to non union companies when I got laid off. Not once has "how many letters have you gotten" has been asked. In fact, I got a letter from the non Union company I worked for, and still call me wanting me to come back!

Going back to Walmart, they are hurting for drivers as well. They have lowered their hiring standards, they advertise $73,000 first year running regional ( LOH 350 miles). When I was at MATS, YRC had no drivers talking to them, Walmart had a line!

Fact is YRC is not competitive. Period!
Maybe that is the reason for the hiring freeze.

Going back to Walmart, they are hurting for drivers as well. They have lowered their hiring standards, they advertise $73,000 first year running regional ( LOH 350 miles). When I was at MATS, YRC had no drivers talking to them, Walmart had a line!

Fact is YRC is not competitive. Period!
Maybe that is the reason for the hiring freeze.

I stand by what I said.This whole industry would SUCK without the threat of a union.

65zXMEI.jpg

We're now the modern day equivalent to Corn-Flake or Trash-Can !!! .lol
We're SLOWLY........., getting new equipment in. :-)

I have talked to non union companies when I got laid off. Not once has "how many letters have you gotten" has been asked. In fact, I got a letter from the non Union company I worked for, and still call me wanting me to come back!

Of course JB hunt will hire anyone.