Waldwick, NJ police officer, 32, struck, killed by tractor-trailer on Route 17

Thanks for your post Triplex,this sure is a sad one all the way around.
Of course for the young police officer that died.

As well as for the young trucker that is facing some really hefty fines & possible jail.
Along with having this crash,& death to regret for the rest of his life.

I read all the comments. Sad and tragic for the Family, Fiancee, Waldwick PD and New Jersey. The JB Driver is going to go through hell on earth. All Truckers that run S-17 from S-3 to the NY Thruway, better be alert and aware of all traffic laws, and stay 5 under the posted speed limit.

Hmm Sugarfoot I (LIKED) your followup post without opening the link.
Thats what I get for being in a rush,however I do agree with Triplex you & the rest of the contributors to this forum are doing a good job.
I appreciate any help I can get to keep safety at the forefront of the driving industry.

Especially the newbies to be aware that trucking isn't just a walk in the park.
Important to be rested & focused or they could become a statistic on this forum.

UPDATE from the Sugarfoot link:
Truck driver charged in Rte. 17 crash that killed Waldwick cop - News - NorthJersey.com
The driver of the tractor-trailer that rammed into a police cruiser, killing 32-year-old Waldwick Officer Christopher Goodell and plunging the borough into mourning, drove directly into the car “without stopping or attempting to stop,” authorities said late Thursday in charging him with second-degree vehicular homicide.
HE is primarily responsible and jb hunt picks up some of the tab.
It sux yet NOT PAYING FULL ATTENTION when driving regardless of day/night, has, can and will get Truckers in trouble.

There's at least ONE DUI/DWI as well FATALITY either as part of a truck wreck or caused by a truck, EVERY DAY in this Nation.

There is only one cure and it is not feasible.

Driver would have been responsible if the parked car contained a non official person.
Pleading not guilty is pointless since he was the ONLY truck on site, therefore HE IS GUILTY.

UPDATE from the Sugarfoot link:

HE is primarily responsible and jb hunt picks up some of the tab.
It sux yet NOT PAYING FULL ATTENTION when driving regardless of day/night, has, can and will get Truckers in trouble.

There's at least ONE DUI/DWI as well FATALITY either as part of a truck wreck or caused by a truck, EVERY DAY in this Nation.

There is only one cure and it is not feasible.

Driver would have been responsible if the parked car contained a non official person.
Pleading not guilty is pointless since he was the ONLY truck on site, therefore HE IS GUILTY.

It's a shame. This seems a case of bad things happen to decent people. We have one of our co-workers serving 2-4 on the same charge right now.