Estes | Warning

mad trucker

Road Driver
Credits
WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING:hide:

:toxic: A new disease was just discovered at the long beach ca. terminal. It causes you to loose you job !!!

It is called Havingalifeitis
The symptoms are getting hurt on or off the job and being off work for several months healing.
The cure be a couch potato. Do not have a life. What ever you do. Do not play ball with your children, go on a holiday trip,
Take a vacation and go somewhere and do hiking ,camping, swimming, or any other fun and relaxing criteria.

I just received a call just last night a friend at the long beach term. Was fired. He had fractured is wrist playing ball with his son , had the wrist X-rayed but was told it was ok just a sprain. The pain got worst. He had to wait for an MRI which showed a fracture and was put in a cast. All this time which was several months off he keep in contact with Richmond and they told him don’t worry your job will be there when you come back. Wrong !!!!!!! When he went back he was told they replaced him.

I told him to call a lawyer every 4 to 6 hours till he fells better. Let’s hope he takes my medical advise.

:toxic: A new disease was just discovered at the long beach ca. terminal. It causes you to loose you job !!!

The symptoms are getting hurt on or off the job and being off work for several months healing.
The cure be a couch potato. Do not have a life. What ever you do. Do not play ball with your children, go on a holiday trip,
Take a vacation and go somewhere and do hiking ,camping, swimming, or any other fun and relaxing criteria.

I just received a call just last night a friend at the long beach term. Was fired. He had fractured is wrist playing ball with his son , had the wrist X-rayed but was told it was ok just a sprain. The pain got worst. He had to wait for an MRI which showed a fracture and was put in a cast. All this time which was several months off he keep in contact with Richmond and they told him don’t worry your job will be there when you come back. Wrong !!!!!!! When he went back he was told they replaced him.

I told him to call a lawyer every 4 to 6 hours till he fells better. Let’s hope he takes my medical advise.

The man should have gotten his Dr. to sign Family Medical Leave Act paperwork for him. He would have been legally entitled to 12 weeks off unpaid with his position still available when he came back.

i thought the family medical leave act was just to take care of sick family members, not for yourself?

There is a rule on this site pertaining to wishing the demise of a company. Story after story, such as this one, are becoming so common place at Estes(Jed Clampett) trucking, that I think an exception to this rule is warranted. Richmond, you are really bringing some bad Ju Ju your way. If I was a betting man, I would say the Estes (/••\) doesn't prescribe to the theory of Karma. You go ahead. Trust in somebody like Wayne Y. to lead you into the future. One day, when the inevidible happens, just remember, Elvis spoke about Karma. What comes around goes around. And bad things really do happen to bad people. This was not meant to be a threat. Just one pissed off guys prediction.

Here's what the law is intended for.

* for the birth and care of the newborn child of the employee;
* for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care;
* to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or
* to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.

You can read more about FMLA here:

U.S. Department of Labor: Compliance Assistance: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

Our good friend Wayne

You folks out west are so lucky to only see the King of all term. managers Wayne Y. when trouble is brewing, we get to see his sorry *** 2-3x's a week:hide: personally I believe he was a used car salesman in his former life, so keep raising hell out there so we can get a break:1036316054: And Don't park in the sales parking spot ( clearly marked ) or you will find your truck hidden waaayyy in the back of the yard, it's one of his pet peeves- have a good weekend

* for placement with the employee of a son or daughter for adoption or foster care;
* to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or
* to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.

U.S. Department of Labor: Compliance Assistance: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

You guys need to thank people like cfer for doing your homework for you. Estes assumes you are backwood and ignorant. That you are not capable of researching the laws and rights that protect us. This web site is a special tool to help educate yourselves of these issues. There is very good information here. Here is your homework assignment. Tell all your Estes work mates about this web site. Don't just assume Estes' is looking out for your best intrests. Elvis out...

We have several people on FMLA at our barn. The 12 week period is a rotating 12 weeks in a 12 month period. So you have to keep up with how much time that you take off but you can take off a lot. You have to refile your papers every 3 months, which is taking the paperwork to your doctor and having he/she fill them out for you again. So if you take off 12 weeks in 12 months, starting on Jan. 1, you have to wait until Jan.1 of the next year to take off again. But, if you don't take the full 12 weeks then it is a floating 12 week period, in a floating 12 month period. I hope I didn't confuse anyone to much.

I would think so. :duh: :duh:

guess that's why i'm a truck driver and not a doctor. i wouldn't consider a broken arm a SERIOUS health condition. now if your talking stroke, heart attack, cancer, leukima, etc,etc. then that would be serious..guess it's all in how you look at it.

Looking at your avatar. Explains all, Cuz Estes is full of flunkies

what ?? i was a dugan driver when i joined the trucking boards so dugan was full of flunkies or im a flunkie now that im at estes because thats where flunkies end up ? or i may become a flunkie because of all the poor flunkie attitudes ?? i m havin a hard time fallowin ya. the pic is from an ol dugan truck and the ol cb is on 22 soo i was a flunkie there also i guess:notworthy: :Poke:

dont mind them

what ?? i was a dugan driver when i joined the trucking boards so dugan was full of flunkies or im a flunkie now that im at estes because thats where flunkies end up ? or i may become a flunkie because of all the poor flunkie attitudes ?? i m havin a hard time fallowin ya. the pic is from an ol dugan truck and the ol cb is on 22 soo i was a flunkie there also i guess:notworthy: :Poke:

Your not a flunky, we just have some bitter ex employees in here that feel the need to trash the company, even though they no longer work for it. I've been employed with G.I. 18 years prior to the Estes buy out and still love coming to work, and enjoy the people I work with. welcome to the family brotha! Best part about driving for estes is these beautiful black, yellow, and red Macks, and Sterlings :) beats the hell out of that puke GI green we had for all those years.

Your not a flunky, we just have some bitter ex employees in here that feel the need to trash the company, even though they no longer work for it. I've been employed with G.I. 18 years prior to the Estes buy out and still love coming to work, and enjoy the people I work with. welcome to the family brotha! Best part about driving for estes is these beautiful black, yellow, and red Macks, and Sterlings :) beats the hell out of that puke GI green we had for all those years.

Hey trucking for satan, nobody is trashing your beloved company. We are just trying to open your eyes to the reality. And the reality is you deserve more for your labors than you are recieving. Somehow I think you will never get it. If you in fact spent 18 years of your existence employeed with the great G.I. Trucking Company, then you should immediately grab a sharp object of your choice and jam it into your eye. Because you should never again be permitted to look through eyes that rate those Estes neon colored disco trucks above a truck painted a color that honored our great military. Shame on you sir. If I was a moderator on this forum, I would ban you for treason. Or at least for being stupid. Elvis out and pissed.....

well young man, this is a forum if I am correct and I was asked to reply why I voted, so I did. And you want to trash on me? You probably dont even work for Estes, you are just here to ***** and moan about how crappy it is to work for them. You sir are is what is wrong with society these days. All you kids think about these days is your owed something, you are not owed anything, you get a check, and no one holds you hostage to work for any company. But it is easier to sit here and say , " oh they treat me poorly" " I deserve more money" If your like me, and most other drivers, please tell me what other skills you posses where you can make what we do a year? I choose to drive because the money was there. I choose to stay here because I like my job. I am happy with where I work, and after hearing about all the trash thats was being talked about on this site, I felt the need to come here and let the world know that "get this!" There are others like myself who like working for Estes, and are not bitter. I will continue to be as positive on these forums as possible, I can only hope more people do the same.