XPO | Was told by dispatch Expect to be called to the managers Office on Monday - Not good

If you have a bid run they can't force you to run out anywhere else .No union they can do as they please .But they can't force you to run fatigued !!!!

A union company can not force you to run off your bid run

What does this have to do with us? we don't care.

I don't know but Someone brought up union. Remember this comment?
Sounds like you got treated fairly. Many other companies, both Union and not, would can you for refusing work.

..... As far as i know, even a casual union city driver can't be forced to go Linehaul out of the blue with no warning.

Sorry for any confusion but I'm city flex. I'm not on Linehaul, at least that's what I was told. I was told I had a choice between the two and I chose city. We don't even have a day Linehaul. Further more there's at least 3 guys under me on city.

I'm not complaining, it's over but he prob shouldn't have brought the big U word up lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know but Someone brought up union. Remember this comment?

..... As far as i know, even a casual union city driver can't be forced to go Linehaul out of the blue with no warning.

Sorry for any confusion but I'm city flex. I'm not on Linehaul, at least that's what I was told. I was told I had a choice between the two and I chose city. We don't even have a day Linehaul. Further more there's at least 3 guys under me on city.

I'm not complaining, it's over but he prob shouldn't have brought the big U word up lol.
A lot of people from the union companies come on here just to start stuff..we never go to their boards and say anything. I like this site for the information from other drivers. You had originally asked a good question, and provided some good info., but some people just want to turn everything into a political thread.

Conway does great without it. I'm sure folks will laugh but i was amazed when I was first hired and being shown around at how organized our barn keeps stuff. Like straps, various tools, engine fluids and other supplies. I'm glad to be here for the most part. Wish I'd have gotten here a lot sooner though.

Beerfd I don't work for a union line I'm a conway driver .You don't care a lot of others do so don't try to talk for everyone .I was also referring to soneone that said you would get canned for

what he done I was just corecting him .If you are going to talk about something you should know what your talking about

Conway does great without it. I'm sure folks will laugh but i was amazed when I was first hired and being shown around at how organized our barn keeps stuff. Like straps, various tools, engine fluids and other supplies. I'm glad to be here for the most part. Wish I'd have gotten here a lot sooner though.
Strap organization is our main goal, then w&I, then entering and exiting tractors, then proper hooking technique, then cameras, then cake, and our last concern is obtaining freight.

A lot of people from the union companies come on here just to start stuff..we never go to their boards and say anything. I like this site for the information from other drivers. You had originally asked a good question, and provided some good info., but some people just want to turn everything into a political thread.

Yeah Rollin 62 would never do that would he?

You may as well know, you may end up on linehaul someday. I started out at a small terminal, with one flex board, so I've lived through it. It's not so tough. At least not 15 years later.

For that matter, even on city flex, your hours could vary. You may work a.m. dock all week, and end up with a late start on Friday. Lived through that also, even when i had representation.

Maybe you shouldn't have been called in if there were guys under you, and maybe it wasn't explained well at the outset, but if you're needed to work, you're needed to work. And flex is short for "flexible".

And learn when not to answer a call from work. Not getting the call is one thing, refusing work is another.

Hmm, that's wild, I wouldn't have ever imagined a union trucking company like Holland of firing a city driver for not taking a linehaul run or firing a linehaul driver for not taking a city run or for either to go OTR for that matter. I always thought their work duties were pretty specific as a matter of fact and that their contract outlined their job duties quite well.

I could be totally wrong but don't their linehaul drivers even have dedicated people that often times hooks their sets for them? One of Holland's employees recently told me that one of the only things they would generally get canned for is theft. He also said if their trucks AC doesn't work they put them out of service lol.

Well, maybe you should go to Holland(YRC). There will be downsides, but it sounds like you feel you need the representation.

You may as well know, you may end up on linehaul someday. I started out at a small terminal, with one flex board, so I've lived through it. It's not so tough. At least not 15 years later.

For that matter, even on city flex, your hours could vary. You may work a.m. dock all week, and end up with a late start on Friday. Lived through that also, even when i had representation.

Maybe you shouldn't have been called in if there were guys under you, and maybe it wasn't explained well at the outset, but if you're needed to work, you're needed to work. And flex is short for "flexible".

And learn when not to answer a call from work. Not getting the call is one thing, refusing work is another.

Well, maybe you should go to Holland(YRC). There will be downsides, but it sounds like you feel you need the representation.

Why did you put (yrc) after Holland? Do not associate us with that pig. Customers do that sometimes and I tell them to keep that company name off our paperwork.

Beerfd I don't work for a union line I'm a conway driver .You don't care a lot of others do so don't try to talk for everyone .I was also referring to soneone that said you would get canned for

what he done I was just corecting him .If you are going to talk about something you should know what your talking about
Your throwing out one line comments. About how Union this and that...we're not union..it don't matter..and you weren't referring to anybody.

@ HowlerMonkey, Sorry, but I feel you are in the wrong. It is your responsibility to get plenty of rest. You are on the flex board, it don't matter if it is in the city or the road. As long as you get your 10 hours of off duty time the company can dictate your schedule. You work for them, they don't work for you.

@ HowlerMonkey, Sorry, but I feel you are in the wrong. It is your responsibility to get plenty of rest. You are on the flex board, it don't matter if it is in the city or the road. As long as you get your 10 hours of off duty time the company can dictate your schedule. You work for them, they don't work for you.

Nothing to be sorry about. My issue is over. I look forward to tomorrow not yesterday.

If he got in an accident he would lose everything. Conway may be able to dictate his work schedule but them not telling him sooner shows an absolute disregard for safety. Being flexible is one thing being stupid is another.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

i drive for holland and i drove for you at con-way when laid off we run to boards city dont run road we get a 2 hour work call if they dont call then you dont have to work if they work someone around you then you file on it they pay you everything he done or she so you are right howler monkey even if you are on a bid with a start time you still get the 2 hour work call