XPO | Was told by dispatch Expect to be called to the managers Office on Monday - Not good

i drive for holland and i drove for you at con-way when laid off we run to boards city dont run road we get a 2 hour work call if they dont call then you dont have to work if they work someone around you then you file on it they pay you everything he done or she so you are right howler monkey even if you are on a bid with a start time you still get the 2 hour work call

which is why the u's can never be as profitable..I applaud the move, but how can you pay two people and only one produced labor for the company. That's just crazy. Kinda like yellow YRC paying a guy for 8 having only worked 4....

which is why the u's can never be as profitable..I applaud the move, but how can you pay two people and only one produced labor for the company. That's just crazy. Kinda like yellow YRC paying a guy for 8 having only worked 4....
So,I guess it's sane to have your life revolve around what CON-WAY might want you to do? Possibly not working any of the days and getting no pay, because they can't plan anything.

So,I guess it's sane to have your life revolve around what CON-WAY might want you to do? Possibly not working any of the days and getting no pay, because they can't plan anything.

Absolutely not. But is there only one LTL company? Nope When I just started it was the same way for me...maybe working 20 hrs a week, 25 max..After about 3 months I transferred..Alot of guys put up with it because they see the 20+dollar/hr money. So you cant completely blame the company..People allow themselves to be abused. Mind you I was living in NYC in a 1600.mnth 1 br

If you are told to show up for work and you do show up for work, then they tell you Sorry we have any work for you, that they Conway should be responsible and pay you for 4 hours. A lot of places pay you for 8 if you work past four and are then told to go home before you hit 8 or pay you for 4 if you at least show up and they can't work you.. but if you spend your time and gas money getting to work and they don't have any work, you deserve 4 hrs. We have one guy that this happens to a lot. He shows up and is told NO WORK.

Absolutely not. But is there only one LTL company? Nope When I just started it was the same way for me...maybe working 20 hrs a week, 25 max..After about 3 months I transferred..Alot of guys put up with it because they see the 20+dollar/hr money. So you cant completely blame the company..People allow themselves to be abused. Mind you I was living in NYC in a 1600.mnth 1 br
I agree I went through the same thing when I started 15 yrs. ago. The difference is I was looking long term, we were treated with respect, a pension, free medical ins., sick days, etc. I could stand with any union driver and match everything they got, those days are gone. Why any new driver would stay with this company I do not understand.

I agree I went through the same thing when I started 15 yrs. ago. The difference is I was looking long term, we were treated with respect, a pension, free medical ins., sick days, etc. I could stand with any union driver and match everything they got, those days are gone. Why any new driver would stay with this company I do not understand.
Look at all the union companies that have folded...you have to change with the times..this company is just like any other company..no better, no worse.

Look at all the union companies that have folded...you have to change with the times..this company is just like any other company..no better, no worse.
Your ability to blindly accept what the company tells you amazes me. If you had any understanding of business you could look at any union company that has gone out of business and see that the union didn't put them out. " The times have changed" Yes when Detter left he was making 1million a year Stotlers making 6million a yr. Are you making 6 times today what you were making 12 yrs ago? When JD left CON-WAY had 700million in the bank, now we're 750 million in debt thanks to CFI. The biggest change in times is the lack of balls by so many.

Your ability to blindly accept what the company tells you amazes me. If you had any understanding of business you could look at any union company that has gone out of business and see that the union didn't put them out. " The times have changed" Yes when Detter left he was making 1million a year Stotlers making 6million a yr. Are you making 6 times today what you were making 12 yrs ago? When JD left CON-WAY had 700million in the bank, now we're 750 million in debt thanks to CFI. The biggest change in times is the lack of balls by so many.

It doesn't matter why they went out of business, they still went out if business. Sounds like your the one lacking balls, why aren't you at a union company, since you think so highly of them. I like this job..and I don't care how much anybody else makes. Not my business.

It doesn't matter why they went out of business, they still went out if business. Sounds like your the one lacking balls, why aren't you at a union company, since you think so highly of them. I like this job..and I don't care how much anybody else makes. Not my business.
It is nice that facts don't interfere with your thinking. Ignorance is what management is counting on.

Why any new driver would stay with this company I do not understand.

Just about all the drivers that's been at our barn for 8 years or more say they'd never start here again. As a guy that's only been here about 6months it makes you wonder if your doing the right thing. Either they're being honest or trying to scare off the new guys so they can get more hours lol. I don't know.

Just about all the drivers that's been at our barn for 8 years or more say they'd never start here again. As a guy that's only been here about 6months it makes you wonder if your doing the right thing. Either they're being honest or trying to scare off the new guys so they can get more hours lol. I don't know.
The smart ones are being truthful.

Begging your pardon, yeah it kinda does matter, especially since you inferred the reason why they went under was because of the union and that made them "not with the times" so to speak. Sorry but you can't change your basis for argument in the middle of the argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Begging your pardon, yeah it kinda does matter, especially since you inferred the reason why they went under was because of the union and that made them "not with the times" so to speak. Sorry but you can't change your basis for argument in the middle of the argument.
That's not changing nothing. Lots of companies go out because they didn't keep up with everybody else. That's what I said. Look at blackberry

That's not changing nothing. Lots of companies go out because they didn't keep up with everybody else. That's what I said. Look at blackberry

But you were inferring that the union is what took them out of business and then came back saying it didn't matter what took them out. That's all I'm saying.