XPO | We have had 2 consecutive quarters with Operating Ratio ABOVE 95 - Now what?

We never got a 6% match. We got 50% of what we contributed up to 6%. Which equals a 3% match.

There was never any stated plan for us to get that back. Every updated we ever had mentioned that.

There was a stated plan to get the 401k match back. 2 consequutive quarters of an OR of 95 or better or 1 quarter of an OR of 93 or better. Neither has been met but from what I understand, that stated plan has gone the way of the defined benefits pension. POOF

There was a stated plan to get the 401k match back. 2 consequutive quarters of an OR of 95 or better or 1 quarter of an OR of 93 or better. Neither has been met but from what I understand, that stated plan has gone the way of the defined benefits pension. POOF
The plan you speak of was for the 5% pay cut back. We got that back without hitting the goal.

I'm aware of the risks, but I think you run those risks at any company. I'm not giving up my seniority. That's just my opinion. I've got it made. I don 't think it would be much different at any other LTL.

Trust me...it is different...much different.

The problem lies in the fact this company has buffaloed their employees for so long they have become accustomed to the BS...and are comfortable with it.

The difference between the two is this...Con-Way views their people as nothing but a tool completely devoid of any consideration for the person involved.
'
FedEx on the other hand does at least to some degree consider the person when making life altering decisions. It is damned hard to get fired from FedEx...things that would have got a person terminated from Con-Way are much less severe at FedEx.

FedEx spends large amounts of money training their employees as has Con-Way. FedEx would much rather keep those trained employees as opposed to Con-Way with its policies of harassment and intimidation, trying at every turn to eliminate its skilled and trained workforce. This is done so new people can be hired at much lower compensation when compared to these who have time in the company. RMs, TMs, and FOSs running amok without any real policy control...free to do anything thing they desire.

I will pull no punches with is...Con-Way is a skank company...screwing their employees at will...all in the name of Dougie and the BOD's bonuses.

In the last several years they have adiosed thousands of good dedicated employees for no good reason.

When a company hires people it has an obligation to meets its promises to those folks. Con-Way has abrogated that responsibility.

Yes...economies come and go...up and downs. Adjustments need to be made...but this company takes it to the extreme. They use every situation (real or imagined) to steal from its employees and forgo promises made.

This company has no concrete future plans...they have changed leadership more than most peeps change socks.

FedEx on the other hand has had the same CEO for years...and actually has a viable business plan. Yours doesn't. The only plan they have is whatever the next president brings to AA. No continuity for the long haul...just another round of ideas to bounce off Dougie...and if they don't work then bye bye.

I have met Greg L....seems to be a decent dude. But he won't last any longer than his predecessors. Until such a time as your idiotic CEO is replaced nothing will change for the better.

Remember...it was Dougie riding herd on all these decisions in the past. All he did was blame it on the president of the moment.

If you have made...good...stay put. For the rest who don't...investigate your options.

Rat

There was a plan to get the transitional back, but not the company match. If there were, you should be able to produce it in writing.

I actually believe that reinstating the 401k was never in the ultimate plan. Just as they knew the ICP was gonna pay out huge (when times were good) if all three companies were under one umbrella. Our bonuses are now small yet some I see in the proxy are still quite, well, huge.
Yea, but at least we all got a healthy company to work for, no gloom and doom!

There was a plan to get the transitional back, but not the company match. If there were, you should be able to produce it in writing.

I have to say that that's the plan i remember. How about somebody ask when we have our next communication meeting..when we see the video telling us how much money the company made and how good a job we are doing..yeah, that video. We'll ask at that meeting and see what the current plan is.