ABF | We should be making 28.40 by now

I've always voted NO on the first offer, what do you have to lose?
There's no danger of a strike here.
You're going to lose more than you can get back. There will be a drop in pension contributions but a big upfront "signing bonus". A bonus that will convince a lot of short sighted people to vote in something so ridiculous.

Always take the deal that works best. Not the deal you think is going to happen next. It never comes around.
I've always voted NO on the first offer, what do you have to lose?
There's no danger of a strike here.

You're going to lose more than you can get back. There will be a drop in pension contributions but a big upfront "signing bonus". A bonus that will convince a lot of short sighted people to vote in something so ridiculous.
W
Always take the deal that works best. Not the deal you think is going to happen next. It never comes around.
I have an idea I have been through more negotiations than you ever will.
We never lost a single offer from the first that I recall.
I go back to 1957, when did you start?

Last edited:
I have an idea I have been through more negotiations than you ever will.
We never lost a single offer from the first that I recall.
I go back to 1957, when did you start?
Started last year. Been a Teamster for over 12. So that doesn't mean I'm a stranger to negotiations.

So what would it take? You said you had an idea.

But now that you got yours and retired, you think that the freight business is over paying the employees. What makes you more deserving of a good pay check than they are? Other than the fact that you consider yourself “Omniscient”.

I never said I was "deserving. I always knew that I was overpaid. I said, I sold my skillset to the highest bidder. No shame, no apologies.
How many times must I write that the pension was underfunded and over promised? Obviously, I was correct, given the federal bailout of the funds. A taxpayer bailout for people making six figures a year, who are more than able to provide for their own retirement. H&W costs have exploded since I retired and are now unsustainable.
Yeah, I got mine and I'm still getting it. Other than required minimum distributions, I haven't touched a dime of my personal retirement savings. I got mine by living below my means, by saving, investing and not spending every dollar before it was earned. Amazing how people on here are so jealous. There are multiple posts everyday about management salaries and bonuses. If you want senior management money, make better life choices. Make yourself valuable. Get training, education and don't depend on anyone to take care of you. The job isn't yours. It belongs to the company.

I never said I was "deserving. I always knew that I was overpaid. I said, I sold my skillset to the highest bidder. No shame, no apologies.
How many times must I write that the pension was underfunded and over promised? Obviously, I was correct, given the federal bailout of the funds. A taxpayer bailout for people making six figures a year, who are more than able to provide for their own retirement. H&W costs have exploded since I retired and are now unsustainable.
Yeah, I got mine and I'm still getting it. Other than required minimum distributions, I haven't touched a dime of my personal retirement savings. I got mine by living below my means, by saving, investing and not spending every dollar before it was earned. Amazing how people on here are so jealous. There are multiple posts everyday about management salaries and bonuses. If you want senior management money, make better life choices. Make yourself valuable. Get training, education and don't depend on anyone to take care of you. The job isn't yours. It belongs to the company.
Noone I am sure is jealous of a guy who retired with so much. But yet has nothing better to do than condescend to others and constantly act like he is superior to everyone. Guessing you don't have a bunch of friends if you treat people like this in real life

WOW, are you telling us if they paid your actual worth you would owe the company money?
Some statement for an HOA Chairman.
I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood.

Tripp, he didn’t used to be like that. But ever since he lost his map of where he buried all of his mason jars full of money he has been angry and bitter!!!
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Don't start those rumors, I'm happy as a tumblebug in a pile of crap.
I just can't understand why Tripp would think you would lose by turning down the first offer.
I didn't realize he had so much more time in grade than yours truly.

I just can't understand why Tripp would think you would lose by turning down the first offer.
Just toying with you my friend. Drawing on a pension for over 30 years and having a wife that does the lawn work would make anyone a happy camper.

Just toying with you my friend. Drawing on a pension for over 30 years and having a wife that does the lawn work would make anyone a happy camper.
Just got back from the eye doctor for a yearly checkup, my eyes are dilated, blind as a bat.
I have mama in the garden picking peas and cutting okra.
If she does well, I'll let her wait until tomorrow to cut grass. :6799: :19:

Learn for your elders, fastest way to get her to mow is mow over the freshly planted flowers and the garden!! It's like a cop to a donut shop, they snack up the mower keys in a blink of an eye!!

Because I have seen two contacts in my life where the second offer became the best and final. We lost money both times.

One best and final is slapped on there, that's it.