Yellow | Wednesday Meeting Between YRCW And IBT!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
I just heard from a trusted source that a fax memo was sent from the IBT earlier this evening to all Freight Locals. This memo says that there is a meeting scheduled on Wednesday, January 15 between YRCW and the IBT. It does not mention what this meeting is about, but it does say that the IBT will NOT entertain a re-vote of the current MOU! I suggest you contact your Locals asap and ask them to give members at your barn a copy of the memo. If anybody knows anything about this memo please let us know here on truckingboards. This info came from a fellow Teamster member who had phone conversations with the National Freight Director two days in a row. Let's hope this meeting is productive!

:smilie93C_peelout:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that YRCW is sincere in wanting to reach an agreement. To simply revote will not only fail but will result in even MORE mistrust from the rank and file.
I would like to ask a question of all the YRCW Teamsters. What will it take to restore your confidence in the Teamsters Union? It just seems to me that there is as much mistrust of the IBT as there is of YRCW.

I don't have mistrust for the union, I feel like the international has really been put in a bad situation regarding YRC, the company is up to here in debt and you just can't fight the like yesterday with the realities of today and it's unfair and irrational to put the blame solely on the union

Prolly came about because of my suggestion on the hotline.That this is no time to have hard heads and hot tempers.Silence gets us nowhere but to the bottom real quick.Open up stop the stalemate and get the ball rolling.We pay you to negotiate.Negotiate in good faith.No half heartedness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Not just us YRC Teamsters but the whole union membership.I understand that the IBT owns quite a bit of YRCW.What must stop is the whos side of the fence is the IBT on feeling.No matter what the IBT owns of YRC and ABF for that matter.There must be a balance struck.On issues involving Teamster members.The ownership of said companies must be mutually laterally neutralized.Its almost to the point of whos side are you on IBT.Place grievance settled at every barn like there used to be.Get back the membership that has almost total apathy about our union.Help make us feel like we are accomplishing things and belonging.

I hope that YRCW is sincere in wanting to reach an agreement. To simply revote will not only fail but will result in even MORE mistrust from the rank and file.
I would like to ask a question of all the YRCW Teamsters. What will it take to restore your confidence in the Teamsters Union? It just seems to me that there is as much mistrust of the IBT as there is of YRCW.

If they are in fact meeting with YRC and not entertaining a revote, it certainly lifts my spirits in the union.

I just heard from a trusted source that a fax memo was sent from the IBT earlier this evening to all Freight Locals. This memo says that there is a meeting scheduled on Wednesday, January 15 between YRCW and the IBT. It does not mention what this meeting is about, but it does say that the IBT will NOT entertain a re-vote of the current MOU! I suggest you contact your Locals asap and ask them to give members at your barn a copy of the memo. If anybody knows anything about this memo please let us know here on truckingboards. This info came from a fellow Teamster member who had phone conversations with the National Freight Director two days in a row. Let's hope this meeting is productive!

Anything from our local Freightmaster?...

What golf course?

Cool dude that freightmaster is..hello from down south.Keeping the solidarity up in da south.I think they are catching on about how to be a real Teamster.youve got to fight for your rights

Vote No for Round 2 !

I believe we got the hang of this NO vote thing, So please dont waste alot more of the workers time and money with another bull**** proposal, just to see it get voted down again.

How bout the big sign? We still have union reps thinking this is a great deal.

I believe we got the hang of this NO vote thing, So please dont waste alot more of the workers time and money with another bull**** proposal, just to see it get voted down again.

My local is not considered a freight loca. We account for about 1% of the total membership, and in their eyes, 90% of their greif. They didn't even know about this last round until we informed them. Apathy is a two way street, and I feel that my local, and the International both have as much interest in our well being as the company does. If the International actually has rejected a revote, I too have a little renewed faith in them.

I'm a 31 year Teamster. To be honest with you I don't think I can ever trust the Teamsters again certainly not anyone in this administration. They've forgot their role as our leaders. It's all about the money with them. They absolutely do not have our best interest at heart. This administration has been in bed with with YRC since the last contract negotiations and that's not going to change.
I too hope they come to an agreement soon but I'm not, and hope no one else is holding their breath for anything other then the same old stuff. Sorry for the pessimistic views. Thanks for asking.

The IBT should demand that management make the same sacrifices in the interest of saving the company, put some skin in the game. All executives take a 15% salary cut, 75% cut in their retirement plan, no bonuses, no stock grants. You don't like it, walk. There's plenty of suits out there looking for a job.