ABF | Welcome to ABF

ohwell

TB Lurker
Credits
Welcome to ABF, have completed the pile of paperwork and even have my keys and cap but no work. Anyone have any info on where's the work??

Welcome to ABF, you are required to supply your own vasoline.

ohwell said:
Welcome to ABF, have completed the pile of paperwork and even have my keys and cap but no work. Anyone have any info on where's the work??

You got s cap!!!??! Where the hell is mine?

ohwell said:

How long have you been sitting?

i have a chance to get on at abf i have 21 years at yrc i know that i will have too start over again any thoughts thanks t-scan

i have a chance to get on at abf i have 21 years at yrc i know that i will have too start over again any thoughts thanks t-scan
they will treat you the best they can within the work load. We don't have 35 dock supervisors. They expect you to do the job they are paying you to do. If you want to work, they will work you. Good luck and I hope everything works out.

In my opinion (just my opinion) a move to ABF would be a good move for any YRC employee, union or management. While not perfect ABF offers top pay, pay check you can count on, 401K (not matched due to union pension), union health care (which is pretty good by today's standards) and equipment that is not all that bad (has power steering, air seat and A/C). We do have some low level managers who are :::shit:::. ABF promotes from within so if you see a manager who has been stagnant for more than a few years you can count on him/her being :::shit:::. ABF does not haul too much junk freight but the treadmills can be a real treat. Hope that helps you out a little.

ABF is a Trucking company like the others it has it's good and bad points.Like someone has already alluded too it has some management that should have been gone long ago. But they run a tight ship as far as not hauling cheap freight. Just remember it is a business and they are in it for as much profit as they can generate. And if the matter of a BEG BACK ever comes up again at ABF just remember to vote the opposite way as you did at yrc. I made the comment after the BEG BACK was voted down that it was now our responsibility to show the rest of the Trucking World that a company could pay top rate and benefits and still turn a profit. At the Cleveland Ohio 065 Terminal we are operating at 89 and have generated a profit for the year. And I will say that it has been a combined effort form both Teamsters and management. In Cleveland we have a goal too our families and company to give our best efforts within the guidelines of the contract to ensure that they both are given every chance to succeed. With that said we the Teamsters at the 065 Terminal hold our management team to their duties. Such as hitting the streets and beating the bushes for the business we need to generate a profit for ABF. It has not always been a smooth road. Believe it or not some say that I am a little over bearing and Bull Headed(GO FIGURE). But when it comes to my Teamsters I will accept those assumptions of me. So WELCOME to all the new Teamsters that have chosen ABF as their new employer work hard and demand that your management team does the same. And if you have any questions feel free to ask. And remember if the question of money ever comes up JUST SAY NO!