ABF | Werner hooking their own sets

norcal10

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi guys, just want you to be aware that Werner is hooking their own sets. I watched the two guys do it, took them about 30 minutes to figure it out. There was a whole bunch of people who could have hooked the set, but supervisor told them to do it. About five different people reported it to the shop steward when he got in.
A call will be placed to the BA today.
I can share details with you over pm if you like. I don't feel comfortable sharing in the open about specifics.

If he was out there hooking his set then whoever was there should have stopped what he was doing and sat in the breakroom until he was finished hooking.

They can not hook their own sets if the terminal is open and have capable people there to do it. File on it immediately if not sooner! They are only allowed to drop and hook their own power unit not string up sets! This be must nipped in the bud now!

its called, what are you going to do about it? that's what they have done so far! 6%? yea right, how about 20%! Now this, Nobody can do anything because Tyson Johnson is just letting it happen. He is a PUTZ!!!

its called, what are you going to do about it? that's what they have done so far! 6%? yea right, how about 20%! Now this, Nobody can do anything because Tyson Johnson is just letting it happen. He is a PUTZ!!!
My fearless leader told me TJ is personally handling all pts grievances.In our MOU at YRC it stated a PTS grievance committee will handle these types of grievances.Then if no decision then the grievance goes in front of the national grievance committee.I guess we wait til they are all stacked up

My fearless leader told me TJ is personally handling all pts grievances.In our MOU at YRC it stated a PTS grievance committee will handle these types of grievances.Then if no decision then the grievance goes in front of the national grievance committee.I guess we wait til they are all stacked up
Good Ol' TJ will dispense justice with all the speed of a Yukon Glacier. Look for a back pay settlement in about 6 or 7 years,....Of course, by that time Werner will have bought ABF ,and we will be their package car division,...pulling triple U-Haul trailers behind a Ford F-150.....

Hi guys, just want you to be aware that Werner is hooking their own sets. I watched the two guys do it, took them about 30 minutes to figure it out. There was a whole bunch of people who could have hooked the set, but supervisor told them to do it. About five different people reported it to the shop steward when he got in.
A call will be placed to the BA today.
I can share details with you over pm if you like. I don't feel comfortable sharing in the open about specifics.

Don't forget, Brother, to video-tape them violating our contract, with your cell phone. Although video evidence that can easily be altered, or photo-shopped,... probably won't be admissible at a grievance hearing unless the video is corroborated and verified to be accurate,....it would be a good thing to have, for in the future, ....when uncorroborated videos and audio recordings are admissible in grievance hearings,......and maybe even courts of law may start accepting uncorroborated evidence,......although such a miscarriage of justice would be a travesty, and in reality, ....would only exist in "kangaroo courts",......and certainly not in any formal setting where a persons' job, or livelihood may be in jeopardy.........Any reasonable person would agree,.....wouldn't they?

Don't forget, Brother, to video-tape them violating our contract, with your cell phone. Although video evidence that can easily be altered, or photo-shopped,... probably won't be admissible at a grievance hearing unless the video is corroborated and verified to be accurate,....it would be a good thing to have, for in the future, ....when uncorroborated videos and audio recordings are admissible in grievance hearings,......and maybe even courts of law may start accepting uncorroborated evidence,......although such a miscarriage of justice would be a travesty, and in reality, ....would only exist in "kangaroo courts",......and certainly not in any formal setting where a persons' job, or livelihood may be in jeopardy.........Any reasonable person would agree,.....wouldn't they?
Good idea canary! I was watching on the last few minutes of my lunch and then checking on the status of what they were doing while on the dock. I also filed a grievance with the shop steward before I got off this morning. Gave him trailer numbers and a description of what was happening. Unfortunately I don't have a destination for this team.

this does NOT happen at sch 034 when these foreign (non abf) drivers come in to our place the are instructed that they can drop on our drop and pick up from our ready line and THATS IT... when we do catch a driver outside those areas we stopped them and inform them (management has done pretty good with backing us on this) and make them do the right thing--- example if a guy drops a trailer anywhere other than designated area we will have him hook back up and take it to proper spot --- putting trailers away is OUR work

of course everyone in the system that is complaining about non union doing our work should of thought this BEFORE YOU VOTED YES ON THE CONTRACT

SO YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED BY VOTING YES SO NOW DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER EVER CHANGE NOW

and for those of you who think we will get everything back next contract well my advice to you is if you want to work in fantasy land go get a job at disneyworld

dont get mad at the company for this we did it to ourselves when the contract was voted in

Disney and other studios are union.. I like the guys that say I can handle the pay cut, its the PT I cant stand!!!?? And they voted for it? All or nothing Fella!!

Good idea canary! I was watching on the last few minutes of my lunch and then checking on the status of what they were doing while on the dock. I also filed a grievance with the shop steward before I got off this morning. Gave him trailer numbers and a description of what was happening. Unfortunately I don't have a destination for this team.
You can look up the destination of that Werner team by having one of your office clerks pull up the trailer number and look for the bills on that particular trailer.You all should have a inbound and outbound PTS sheet to look at the time and destination and trucking company and their DOT number and tractor number.If that helps

this does NOT happen at sch 034 when these foreign (non abf) drivers come in to our place the are instructed that they can drop on our drop and pick up from our ready line and THATS IT... when we do catch a driver outside those areas we stopped them and inform them (management has done pretty good with backing us on this) and make them do the right thing--- example if a guy drops a trailer anywhere other than designated area we will have him hook back up and take it to proper spot --- putting trailers away is OUR work

of course everyone in the system that is complaining about non union doing our work should of thought this BEFORE YOU VOTED YES ON THE CONTRACT

SO YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED BY VOTING YES SO NOW DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER EVER CHANGE NOW

and for those of you who think we will get everything back next contract well my advice to you is if you want to work in fantasy land go get a job at disneyworld

dont get mad at the company for this we did it to ourselves when the contract was voted in

Throwing your hands up in the air is not how you handle this. One step at a time and follow the grievance procedure. Unless you are one of those guys that would rather kabitch about things rather than file a grievance.

You'll never see this at 003. Those guys have the full run of the yard. All the hostlers either don't or won't care and are company kiss asses. I always see a lot of mouths moving and hear words coming out but never see any action being taken. Theres always bald sets on our ready line for pts or a werner driving through the yard to go pick up a van. I've asked them to move if they are in my way or where they shouldn't be but I'm not a bid hostler so I'm not always out there to be police. Oh well. until the guys in the yard full time man up then whats the point.

I will say I don't believe they have full run of the yard. They go to the PT trailer area or ready line. They do block the drive occasionally and are bitched at for it. I have seen in KC,, Bid or dedicated PT drivers and they admit it.. That to me is troubling as if there is only 6% work system wide and we have Bids or dedicated work out of 1 terminal? whats it like system wide?

right on Snark. start burying them in grievances. force em to disclose the % of pts being used every month. when you fight a letter, tell your steward to force them to provide an information review showing how other employees have / have not been disciplined for same infractions. work the dog**** out of em. and please start developing some comradery with your brothers.

add video of all the idiots that voted yes to the contract that opened the doors and allowed all this crap to happen----------- i hope everyone that voted yes is being affected by non union drivers doing our work now ---------we had our chance to stand up and we blew it STOP CRYING CUZ YOU DID IT TO YOURSELVES

i have no problem filing a grievance but how can you trust the union that told you this was a great contract in the first place and shoved it down our throats??????? keep putting your faith in those that make in 4-5 months (in 5 days with no ot) to what you make in one year IF you work a ton of overtime do you really think they are there for us???? if they were we wouldnt being having these discussions

file a grievance ok then the grievance gets deadlocked and another year plus goes by before they even think of hearing the case so abf will get thier way for a minimum of 3 years on this contract and if it does rule against the company it will be a simple ok dont do that anymore abf------ boy that will hurt wont it ????

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!