FedEx Freight | west is no longer going to be west

Just had a meeting about it this morning. Or Service manger said that FedEx freight is going to be FedEx freight Inc. No more west or east. He said something about pricing with west and east was to much of a problem now we will all be on the same page. It will all go down on Jan 1 2009.

It's about time they cut the fat off the top. I will miss my friends in clc who knows maybe some mite be answering the phone in HRO. Drivers and Dock workers should not worry about their jobs as long as we have freight to move after all we are just as productive out here as you guys are there. Why would line drivers do dock work when we have people in place for that all ready. Besides that line drivers make lousy dock workers.
"HRO will need to lean from us also on what we need"! I believe in sharing my Dolly's with ever body elts! Just a thought wouldn't HRO be looking at how We work for a long time before doing something like this and not mess up the works and get us mad! East and West will be one! Someday I think.
and that's my story and I'm stinking to it It !

here in the east, if you want to transfer where there's a opening you go to the bottom of the list weather it's a road or city postion.now if you lose work to another barn you can follow the work and dovetail into that barn with your senority.i beleive someone was asking the question is that how it works in the west and if it doesn't who's rule are we going to follow.and now maybe the company will take the rest of the west trls and put the handle for the landing gear on the drivers side of the trailer,don't know why out in the west this was done that way,just thought maybe you guys were backwards, don't take it the wrong way just trying to be funning.
It was a deliberate attempt on the part of our former company Viking Freight to get you to actually walk around the set, do a proper post trip and not have to tell a lie when you fill out your VIR.

So i had my meeting this morning and found out about it.

who is going to dominate East over West and what can us West guys and gals expect from all of this ?

I hear west don't have shuttle runs, they only have line haul no dock? If this is true get ready to pound the patio.200 mile or less that way they can get rid of most dock worker and the shuttle becomes the biggest part of you dock force, you can't work over 8 hrs and run your run to get O/T. Good luck if this is true.

As much as you guys and gals want us to pound the patio, I don't think we will be having many earth quakes that will move our population centers closer together so that our runs will be less than 200 miles. I don't think Uncle Fred will be springing with the bucks to revamp our system either by building new hubs that are closer than 200 mi apart. But who knows, maybe we will go back to the stoneage after all.

not to mention how would that work with the west's terminals being so fanned out, ummm i can see more turns implemented within the west side

An impacted family member

This company has been a part our family for over 15 years now, and many of his co-workers have dedicated over 20 + years of service and loyalty to Viking/Fedex. I must say that the recent changes in corporate culture, and subsequent loss of my husband's job saddens me greatly.

We once had a great sense of pride in our former company Viking. We felt that we were family and that he was valued.

Over the past several years, this all changed. We are now expendable, as are all of you. This is the beginning of many changes to come, all of which are made with the bottom line paramount.

I must say that reading the comment that referred to us as "the fat that needed to be trimmed" motivated me to respond here.

Many things contributed to the recent and future changes for Fedex and the industry itself. One only has to look at the economy to see that if we continue on the present path, the worst is yet to come, and rest assured the east will not be immune.

Sensitivity aside, we are all responsible for the loss of these employees jobs--along with countless others who have fallen victim in a system that no longer represents them.

I urge you all to vote, and to pay attention to the issues in the upcoming election for I believe "the fat" that has to be trimmed is at the top, and this has just been one more instance where the middle class in shouldering the burden of bad policy.

How high must the gas prices go before your job is at risk?

who is going to dominate East over West and what can us West guys and gals expect from all of this ?
.....from what has been going on to both former compines.... I believe FEDEX INC is going to dominate......:hide: ...

Took longer than I thought...

All's that amazes me is that it took over 7 years to happen. Anyone who's been paying attention during these past 7 years should have seen the HRO was slowly snuffing out SJO. The race began in Nov of 2000 when FedEx bought AF. HRO was not going to be outdone. SJO was just happy to report to Memphis and have it's bills paid there. HRO was bound and determined to prove its dominance and get right up there at the right hand of the FDX Father (no sacriliege intended). Folks in the EAST have been wandering when it would happen, and everyone in the WEST has been in denial hoping it never would happen.

As for the pay, benefits, policies, pricing, etc...it's all going to change to that of the EAST (a.k.a. whatever Harrison wants). Harrison has slowly but surely calling more and more of the FXF shots each and every year. Anyone that tells you anything else is trying to pull a purple blanket over your eyes.

There was no "race" or any "proving of dominance" It makes perfect corporate sense that they would consolidate us into one operation. If you can find one employee from the west who didn't know that this was coming, let me know. Nobody had a "purple blanket" over their eyes.

East has always been much larger than the West, and MUCH CHEAPER... real estate, housing, and so on. Who ever thought they would move it to San Jose?

Although, last I checked, FXFW was still very profitable, and I don't know where you get the stupid idea that Memphis is paying our bills. So you can go ahead and keep "wandering???."

I agree with my wife that they should cut the fat from the top.

FedEx swings to 4Q loss, issues profit warning - Earnings - MSNBC.com
CEO pay rises despite slow economy - U.S. business - MSNBC.com
Frederick Smith Profile - Forbes.com
FedEx Watch - FedEx Officers Pay and Bonuses for 2006
FedEx Drivers Lawsuit

victor viking: it's sad some of our friends will loose their jobs but 300 will be given the chance to move. I miss the days of Dick,Randy and Russ.
Drivers and dock workers work for pennies nickles and dimes company's work for ones,fives and tens $ corporation's work for millions and loose the site of how they got there.They for- get who the foundation is all of us little guys the grunts scms oms are all included too!

There are exactly 193 positions available in either Harrison, Lakeland, Colorado Springs, and Memphis for the 320+ GO employees. That doesn't include the CLC and Bay City Diesel groups.

In preperation for what is about to take place you could go down to your local bar/pub and start an all out riot at least 3 times a week. I would say this will have you prepared for the beatings you will be receiving by the time Jan 1, 2009 gets here:hysterical:

There is a really great benefit to moving from California to Harrison, Arkansas.
You can sell your small house on that .25 acre lot in CA and use the money to buy a 50 acre horse ranch with pond and two houses in Boone County Arkansas. Your salary in Harrison will go about ten times farther in AR than in CA. Some of you may not be able to get married in AR. so tie the knot in CA before you come.

( just joking )

FXN Perspective

This is just phase 1.... We were told here at National, when some of our new rules were applied that " Within the next 3 years East, West and National would all look exactly the same and that East is the Model we are moving toward" This include our rule's , our rate of pay, benefits ect ect ect so this is just the first step...Good Luck everyone

wow so much for all the purple promise .Now may be we all can look far ahead to see if it would be purple when we all get there .Thank you for all our hard work so they can make a million in their bonus but we all will see if we have a job to go to tommorow,there will never be EZTDBW no more

Think Back Folks--What did East gain from the EAST and WEST? How about a 401k program? How about Retirement package? IF you worked for east--Think about all the things you now have---YOU CAN THANK THE FOLKS OUT WEST.

Now what did WEST get? We got Mr Attitude is Everything!! Mr. Moss-- So he came in with his agenda. He did away with Work Measurement and now we have the big 8! His Countdown to ZERO for Claims, All Supervisors now have uniforms--AKA "RED SHIRTS". And now that it's all in place---He's moving back to HARRISON!! I wonder if the TSA is going to let him check in his BIG AXE. Better yet he'll probably take it to FedEx Office and have them ship it back to Harrison.

Yes it's true out of the 320 employees---about 100 jobs have been terminated, but they did offer 200 jobs IF YOU want to relocate to Harrison, Memphis, Colorado Springs, Lakeland.

The issue is the folks in the West didn't roll over for the Associates in the Harrison G.O. They did what they wanted to do since day 1. REMOVE ALL the long time VIKINGS!

National/Watkins---From day 1---they answered to the EAST and didn't put up any issues. They Rolled over for the East.

Did anyone notice that on 6/2/08 Mr. Duncan was awarded 1.8millon dollars in FedEx Stock? Would have been nice to see one last VPEP. Will anyone ask--When are they going to tell us about the bonus pay?

How about that Survey--gallop? I think 320 employees would like one last chance to fill that survey out.

Anyone ever look at the People on the Move page on the INTRANET? Why is there such a large Turn Over for the EAST service center Mgrs? I think from the 1st of the year--They have turned over 25-30 service center Mgrs? Or is this the next plan for the WEST---To replace all the Service center Mgrs with 20 year old kids from the East?? Can you say SNAP SHOT??

This is just phase 1.... We were told here at National, when some of our new rules were applied that " Within the next 3 years East, West and National would all look exactly the same and that East is the Model we are moving toward" This include our rule's , our rate of pay, benefits ect ect ect so this is just the first step...Good Luck everyone

Well then.....for us Westerners getting ready to go under the knife, I think it would really help us out to know what we're getting into.

Maybe you guys could give us a heads up on your work rules, policies, 401K, bonus system and anything else you can think of. I don't trust our guys out here to give us much of anything anytime soon. Our SCM could answer few questions that were asked. (Which isn't unusual considering the way they do things out here)

I want those that are going to be affected by this, I'm really sorry you have to go through it. Out of the 300 affected, I'm betting that 280 of you are stand up, normal, people caught in the race to the bottom line.

For those other few, you should watch "My Name Is Earl".

Think Back Folks--What did East gain from the EAST and WEST? How about a 401k program? How about Retirement package? IF you worked for east--Think about all the things you now have---YOU CAN THANK THE FOLKS OUT WEST.
...is this a pipe dream .....did the west (viking) invent the wheel ...I've had a 401k for 15 years here in the east ....and we lost 2% going into our 401K to get this retirement package your talking about ...and if I quit today I'd get a whole $6.00 a month from it .....is this why I have to pay for my health ins now ... ?... yes I'm thinking back....we just see a different picture .... ... have a good day ! .....:1036316054: