MINNEAPOLIS, MN

XMI

MILTON, PA - Not running to XAB

XAB

ALBANY, NY - Not running to XMI

XSY

SYRACUSE, NY - Not running to XLF
Yep. Sunday fac's I think.

Stupid to run in New England last night. The two hour back up put us two hours later into the snow. Then they pull the same stupid crap running vias all over the place going home on empties! I told the FOS I'll take the loads back to my barn and they can come pick them up there tomorrow. I hope we're not going back to the CCX days where we run un any weather.

You don't want to go this route if you have to. But, if you are going to be fired, or are fired for refusing to drive in bad weather, show the bosses the decision of reinstatement, full back pay, medical premiums, & bills all paid in full by the company. Attorneys fees do not come out of your money, it comes out of the trucking company forced to put back to work. Know the rules & law to keep or get your job back. If your boss knows you are up on the law & reg's he might think twice before kicking you down the road. It can become very expensive for the company. Quarter mill settlements are not common, but they do happen. Boy scout motto is be prepared. Record, copy, & document everything. It might save your job.
http://www.truckersjusticecenter.com/significant-cases/

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/55ad5a8ce4b0ec4b2849cf9a/t/55b1c32ce4b0eb1de69916d2/1437713196516/Decision 11-20-12.pdf
http://www.oalj.dol.gov/Decisions/A...010STA00044_(APR_25_2011)_145304_CADEC_SD.HTM

Stupid to run in New England last night. The two hour back up put us two hours later into the snow. Then they pull the same stupid crap running vias all over the place going home on empties! I told the FOS I'll take the loads back to my barn and they can come pick them up there tomorrow. I hope we're not going back to the CCX days where we run un any weather.
I am retired,41years of driving in ALL kinds of weather, made a very good living from it too. My question is,and I know I will get a lot of negative feedback on this. But I have to say, this industry really went to the dogs! Reading all these posts about getting better bennies and higher pay. Why? Take the good with the bad, that is why truckers make the big bucks, bad weather, deal with it. Enough said? Challenge yourselves

I am retired,41years of driving in ALL kinds of weather, made a very good living from it too. My question is,and I know I will get a lot of negative feedback on this. But I have to say, this industry really went to the dogs! Reading all these posts about getting better bennies and higher pay. Why? Take the good with the bad, that is why truckers make the big bucks, bad weather, deal with it. Enough said? Challenge yourselves
Are you saying everyone should have your screen name???

How long have you been retired, if you don't mind me asking?

Challenge yourself? Maybe. But, to me there is NO I repeat NO piece of freight worth dying over. Trucking is listed by the Feds as the 7th most deadly job there is. My life & my family are more important than any delivery or pick up. And the reason a company won't hire you is because the previous employer had to pay out on an accident a 2 million dollar judgment. Or the simple jack knife with no injuries that totals the tractor. As your potential new employer, let me call my insurance underwriter to see if your driving judgment will cost me any more money each year. When it comes to on time, I try to be 'On Time'. But in bad conditions, weather, fatigue, etc; I decide 'I prefer to be late & alive, than early & dead'. von.

There is no piece a freight we haul that is worth my life or anyone else.

This is what I was talking about, the modern day trucker could not carry water for the trucker of years ago
So , could you explain what you mean? Because it sounds like you are retired , probably sitting somewhere safe , and criticizing active drivers for not wanting to risk their lives or yours ( or anyone else's life , including those you hold dear ) to "challenge themselves" by driving in unsafe conditions.

When is it alright to say it's unsafe? What makes you a real driver? I used to work with a guy that wiped out a whole family , is he a real driver?

So , could you explain what you mean? Because it sounds like you are retired , probably sitting somewhere safe , and criticizing active drivers for not wanting to risk their lives or yours ( or anyone else's life , including those you hold dear ) to "challenge themselves" by driving in unsafe conditions.

When is it alright to say it's unsafe? What makes you a real driver? I used to work with a guy that wiped out a whole family , is he a real driver?
It's hard to explain,,and like the old saying goes,"if I have to explain it you would not understand !". But, I ran in weather years ago that was worse than the weather we have now. Road were closed,we went through, slow, yes a negative cash flow, but the freight had to be delivered! I am not trying to get into a pissing contest. But a man needs to know their limitations. And my mind set was, whatever I was dealt I did it,that was my job. Bad weather, I slowed down,,really slowed down, never gave up. And like I said; was paid very well! All i was saying; if a person is going to turn ran run with their tail between their legs under the false pretense of saving lives or coming home to the love ones. Then maybe that person should find a different occupation. I enjoyed driving. Had 40 years of no accidents all weather and running the upper Midwest. And yes now I am opening myself up for the backlash of all "the professionals" but I do not expect anyone to be put in the catagory of us older hands until they've driven the way of the past. Plus our equipment did not have all the bells and whistles the modern trucker enjoys.

This is what I was talking about, the modern day trucker could not carry water for the trucker of years ago
Like I said there is no freight WE haul, meaning XPO, that is worth my or anyone else life. You assume I have never drove in bad condition. Yes you have done this longer then me.
I sure there was a driver out there from the 60's that can same the same thing about you

It's hard to explain,,and like the old saying goes,"if I have to explain it you would not understand !". But, I ran in weather years ago that was worse than the weather we have now. Road were closed,we went through, slow, yes a negative cash flow, but the freight had to be delivered! I am not trying to get into a pissing contest. But a man needs to know their limitations. And my mind set was, whatever I was dealt I did it,that was my job. Bad weather, I slowed down,,really slowed down, never gave up. And like I said; was paid very well! All i was saying; if a person is going to turn ran run with their tail between their legs under the false pretense of saving lives or coming home to the love ones. Then maybe that person should find a different occupation. I enjoyed driving. Had 40 years of no accidents all weather and running the upper Midwest. And yes now I am opening myself up for the backlash of all "the professionals" but I do not expect anyone to be put in the catagory of us older hands until they've driven the way of the past. Plus our equipment did not have all the bells and whistles the modern trucker enjoys.
The population in the US was 100 million people less 40 years ago. Also , there were NO cell phones. Also , "bells and whistles" don't drive the truck for you. Drivers now don't deal with the same type of equipment you dealt with , but , you didn't spend the majority of your career dealing with what drivers deal with now. Drivecams watching you. Cell phones - The number #1 distraction to drivers. We have more people driving which means more chances for something to go wrong.

I'm glad you made it to retirement and hopefully , you don't have to challenge yourself anymore.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

No it's not hard to explain and it easy to understand. It's called laws and lawyers.
The laws have changed. Any and all tickets have my name on it not the companies and I'm responsible for paying those fines. I do know back in the day overweight and eq fines were charged to the company. My CDL driving record is life long meaning everything and anything on my record is there forever.
Lawyers love to sue anybody and everybody. That ones easy.
You can call it what you want "tail between your legs" but today it called protecting my occupation and livelihood.
When you have a ticket with your name on it that is over $14,000 you call me and that's not a typo. When you get one of those you start looking before you leap.