Reddaway | What a difference a year can make SAC Unoin

undeadpirate

TB Lurker
Credits
I don’t know about you guys but this year went by fast for me. Opportunities like the one we had last year come along once in a life time, if that. We should all be able to still remember all the promises made by the company, were any of them kept? It’s time to reorganize. Time to fire up those brain cells. Time to become one single unit standing together, instead of a bunch of selfish individuals only worried about your self’s.:pirate2:

Time to become one single unit standing together, instead of a bunch of selfish individuals only worried about your self’s.
That's what a bunch of us said last year. No one wanted to listen and most followed the decert queen under the bus.I highly doubt the union will touch Sac this year. No need to. Sac will be dwindled down to nothing while they run all the top runs right through them. Oh wait. They are doing that now. So my guess is that it will only get worse. Not good for the few line drivers left. Bummer.

Orange has lost 50 percent of its full time guys since turning down the Unions offer. We had the cards as Bestway, but the company moved fullerton into our terminal over a weekend to break the Union. As a Reddaway terminal we came within 7 cards a year and a half ago. The guys believed the company would not lay them off. They were wrong. The layoffs were massive. And the work moved to other terminals as punishment by S****, now keeps the guys layed off. I was talking to a local driver yesterday who is coming up on 12 years with the company who has been reduced to part time, no more than 6 hours a day and no benefits and of course at a 3 dollar an hour pay cut. He was againest the Union. A real nice guy, and a great guitar player. He now says he knows the company has no intention of hiring him back full time, any time this year. Maybe he can make a little money playing in a band on the weekend. 12 years on the job? How is that possible? S****... Your an ***, and the enemy of every driver.

S***** made lots of promises that the drivers believed. Its really a shame they drank the company kool-aid and didn't even want to hear what the union had to offer. At least that's what happened in Sac. The line drivers thought they were untouchable and now that they have been touched they are crying. I have no sympathy for any of them. They simply though of no one but themselves and screwed the rest. And they were all being led by the decert Queen and he is now wishing he had a better run. Oh well. Life comes and bites you in the a** every once in a while and the sooner they realize it the better.

In this day and age it is hard to believe that people actually do not understand that the ONLY way you can have any type of job security is with a Union. These company's supervisors will lie, cheat and steal to do what ever they can to get THEMSELVES ahead. They don't care about this company. They care about making sure they aren't the ones that destroy the company. They are losing that battle right now and are asking for the employees to bail them out. I call B.S. They did it, they should fix it or go down with the ship. They are LOSERS!!! S**** is the biggest liar and piece of S**T of all of them.

Did you hear about the dinner for line drivers?

That's what a bunch of us said last year. No one wanted to listen and most followed the decert queen under the bus.I highly doubt the union will touch Sac this year. No need to. Sac will be dwindled down to nothing while they run all the top runs right through them. Oh wait. They are doing that now. So my guess is that it will only get worse. Not good for the few line drivers left. Bummer.

SAC LINE DRIVERS ARE GETIN A FREE DINNER! THIS MONTH, T.J. O'CONJOB, B. S, AND THE LIST GOES ON! THIS SHOULD BUY SOME LOVE FROM THE LINE DRIVERS, WHATS LEFT OF THEM:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

S.... well speak of the devil

S. showed up in Orange this past week acting like everyones buddy. Announced 2 guys would be called back from lay off. He loves us just like Obama does. Our bill count has went up a little with some more Home Depot frt. I wonder if he will answer thier phone calls when they are not working again in October ?

I guess no one here has heard about any union jobs being lost? hmmm 22 union terminals CLOSED in TX. NM. and LA And 3700 more to be layed off at Yellow and Roadway terminals across the country. Keep drinking the kool aid the union is not protecting anything since joining a year and a half ago I only make less than I did and worry about my job daily. It is not the savior you think it is.

I guess no one here has heard about any union jobs being lost? hmmm 22 union terminals CLOSED in TX. NM. and LA And 3700 more to be layed off at Yellow and Roadway terminals across the country. Keep drinking the kool aid the union is not protecting anything since joining a year and a half ago I only make less than I did and worry about my job daily. It is not the savior you think it is.

Let me ask you a question there Ice Surfer. If what you say is true, then why do guys like S. fight, manipulate, lie and engage in what ever union busting tactic they can, to thwart any attempt to organize more barns? If it is not a better deal for the drivers, and (from what you post here) more cost efficient for the company, then why even fight it? He should be ushering it in, don't you think? Teamster Elvis out.....

When we voted the Union in we got nothing. except the opportunity to pay Union dues and contribute to our health plan (free at non union terminals) We got no pay increase just because we were union. Therefore I make LESS no matter what math you use to add it up. And there is no more job security now than when I was non union. The only ones who feel more secure are the slugs who dont pull their share and can not be fired because of the union.

I don't think anyone thinks the union is their savior. I can tell you one thing though. Certain barns wouldn't have been stripped of all the good runs if those certain barns were union. Union barns may have closed due to all the merging going on but I can assure you some of the non-union barns have been freight and run stripped like nothing I have ever seen. That freight and those runs are now at the union barns. You can all thank S***** for that.

I don't think anyone thinks the union is their savior. I can tell you one thing though. Certain barns wouldn't have been stripped of all the good runs if those certain barns were union. Union barns may have closed due to all the merging going on but I can assure you some of the non-union barns have been freight and run stripped like nothing I have ever seen. That freight and those runs are now at the union barns. You can all thank S***** for that.

except for fontana:showoff:

Well Fontana is the center of the company. They pick up as many as 2500 bills a day. More than the states of Washington and Oregon combined. They will always have work, and be the first to hire when the economy improves. But take a Non Union and Union Yard sitting right next to each other like Compton and Downey only 9 miles apart. Downey's Senior drivers work after Compton's rookies. Thanks S.. Who will have layoffs this winter? Thanks S., your a Downey driver's best friend.

sac got beat , ***** and robbed!!!

Yep. That's why I said some. I know Sac for sure has been hosed something fierce. I guess they got what they wanted.

ur right sac got beat down, they will make a sac driver go home so a laid over driver can roll, and I mean a lot, about 6 everynight. and thats a lot for that yard:TR10driving03: